Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 03-09-2011, 04:30 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default Advocation of the USA to join the Commonwealth???

I seem to have stumbled across a number of Americans online, youtubers, who call themselves "loyalists" several of which are advocating on a political level for the United States to join the British Commonwealth

I pointed out to them that the Commonwealth is made of free and independant States (mostly) who are former members of The Most Excellent British Empire, and voluntarily aggree to have Her Brittanic Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II as their Patron or Head of State.

They said that America was a British Collonial Outpost, and so it had a right to call itself a member of The Most Excellent British Empire, and therefore had the right to voluntarily include the Queen as Head of State, and become a member of the British Commonwealth.

I then pointed out that infact only a few States could claim any allegience to the Most Excellent British Empire...and that in order for any part of Continental North America south of the Canadian Boarder to be classed as a Member of the British Commonwealth, they would first have to Have the Soverignty to make such a voluntary choice.

They said that the State Governments have that ability, to choose for the State on a Political Level.

I reminded them that State Governments were answerable to the Federal Government, and that they only had jurisdiction within their State lines. I pointed out that England was beyond their State line, and so the permission of the Federal Government that deals with internationality would have to be gained.

I said I didnt think the Federal Government would want to do that.

They asked if they could do it as independant States if they were not part of the Union.

I said Yes, but, only The Republic of Texas has a get out of Union free card...and secondly, if they did Decide to pull out of the Union, there was an issue of what the rest of the States would do when they found their Capitol City was in one of the De-unionised States that was back under British Rule

They said they hadnt thought of that one

Loyalists
Old 03-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Miss Foxy

I know I have an obsession with Britain, but those people sound crazy! Where the heck do you find these characters Tyburn?!!
Old 03-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
I know I have an obsession with Britain, but those people sound crazy! Where the heck do you find these characters Tyburn?!!
I subscribed to a friend called The Mad Monarchist...he produces videos of Monarchs throughout history and around the whole world...so not just British Monarchy.

He had posted a Video about King Loius XIV of what, within a century would become The French Republic...as I was chatting to him I discovered his aggreement with a group of people who had posted on his channel comments page...one of which seemed to be advocating a complete revolution, back to Monarchy in the United States...and the obvious relationship would have been, rather then invent a new Monarchy (as had been offered and rejected by Congress to George Washington shortly after 1783) they were saying what should happen was a return of the old collonies to Britian, Via the commonwealth, in the hope that Britian would then expand as the Federal Republic began to collapse. Their hope would then be presumably a return to proper monarchic rule.

I didnt have the heart to tell them that, even in Britian, the Church and State are more in word then deed, and that although England is a Constitutional Monarchy in principle, it may aswell just be a Government Democrasy...I didnt want to tell them, that when the next succession happens we could, truely, could, see the end of the oldest Monarchy in the western world, and a complete end of The British Commonwealth.

What was really...kinda distressing for me...was that being a Royalist, I had more in common with these American Loyalists, then the post modern British Parliamentarian. They were more Pro-England, and Pro-Monarchy, then most people who live in this country.

There is an arguement to be said that The United States of America, is infact the True modern day English...because their Revolution was using British Standards against the British...who taught them what Freedom was in the first place? Who taught them morals, and Christian principles? Their Direct European and British Heratage...they werent Americans at the time of the Revolution...they were BRITISH CITIZENS IN AMERICA...they were Judging England by its very standards...and when it came up short...they acted just like an Englishman....they said Cherio, and did it themselves!

...and unlike England now...Americans are still happy and enthusiastic, still opinionated, still hold their country as sacred...I like America so much because it reminds me of what England was and should still be. When I visit it...its like a home away from home...the people their are what the people here used to be like.

but its also a double edged sword, because it shows just how far we have fallen from our very own ideals. How we lost something that was precious and hasnt been replicated by America (The Crown) I am either born about 200 years too late, or I am born in the correct time but in the wrong country.

I am like an Englishman of 1770. Thats why I can cope with both America and its anti-monarchist views, OR Britian with its politically silent monarchy.

I belong in a time when both were regarded true, by both sides of the atlantic before the war. When Kings were good to their subjects, and their subjects could live in freedom and peace.

I am a relic I am so out of place
Old 03-09-2011, 05:03 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post

I said Yes, but, only The Republic of Texas has a get out of Union free card...and secondly, if they did Decide to pull out of the Union, there was an issue of what the rest of the States would do when they found their Capitol City was in one of the De-unionised States that was back under British Rule

They said they hadnt thought of that one

Loyalists
Texas only had the legal right before the civil war. After the south lost Texas lost the legal ability to do anything in terms of leaving the union.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:10 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
Texas only had the legal right before the civil war. After the south lost Texas lost the legal ability to do anything in terms of leaving the union.
Are you certain of that? I thought it was a stipulation that Texas was only in the union with the clause...and after the war, it was repatrioted into the Union. I was under the impression that Clause was in opporation before, and after the war, but not during the confederacy or war itself.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:31 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I subscribed to a friend called The Mad Monarchist...he produces videos of Monarchs throughout history and around the whole world...so not just British Monarchy.

He had posted a Video about King Loius XIV of what, within a century would become The French Republic...as I was chatting to him I discovered his aggreement with a group of people who had posted on his channel comments page...one of which seemed to be advocating a complete revolution, back to Monarchy in the United States...and the obvious relationship would have been, rather then invent a new Monarchy (as had been offered and rejected by Congress to George Washington shortly after 1783) they were saying what should happen was a return of the old collonies to Britian, Via the commonwealth, in the hope that Britian would then expand as the Federal Republic began to collapse. Their hope would then be presumably a return to proper monarchic rule.

I didnt have the heart to tell them that, even in Britian, the Church and State are more in word then deed, and that although England is a Constitutional Monarchy in principle, it may aswell just be a Government Democrasy...I didnt want to tell them, that when the next succession happens we could, truely, could, see the end of the oldest Monarchy in the western world, and a complete end of The British Commonwealth.

What was really...kinda distressing for me...was that being a Royalist, I had more in common with these American Loyalists, then the post modern British Parliamentarian. They were more Pro-England, and Pro-Monarchy, then most people who live in this country.

There is an arguement to be said that The United States of America, is infact the True modern day English...because their Revolution was using British Standards against the British...who taught them what Freedom was in the first place? Who taught them morals, and Christian principles? Their Direct European and British Heratage...they werent Americans at the time of the Revolution...they were BRITISH CITIZENS IN AMERICA...they were Judging England by its very standards...and when it came up short...they acted just like an Englishman....they said Cherio, and did it themselves!

...and unlike England now...Americans are still happy and enthusiastic, still opinionated, still hold their country as sacred...I like America so much because it reminds me of what England was and should still be. When I visit it...its like a home away from home...the people their are what the people here used to be like.

but its also a double edged sword, because it shows just how far we have fallen from our very own ideals. How we lost something that was precious and hasnt been replicated by America (The Crown) I am either born about 200 years too late, or I am born in the correct time but in the wrong country.

I am like an Englishman of 1770. Thats why I can cope with both America and its anti-monarchist views, OR Britian with its politically silent monarchy.

I belong in a time when both were regarded true, by both sides of the atlantic before the war. When Kings were good to their subjects, and their subjects could live in freedom and peace.

I am a relic I am so out of place
I can relate.. Trust me! I feel ya!!
Old 03-09-2011, 05:52 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Like finds Like Foxy... ;)

Quote:
I then pointed out that infact only a few States could claim any allegience to the Most Excellent British Empire...
Old 03-09-2011, 05:58 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Like finds Like Foxy... ;)

teehee!!
Old 03-09-2011, 06:35 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
I can relate.. Trust me! I feel ya!!
Perhaps we belong...together