Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 03-09-2011, 06:34 PM
Chris F

Bama is right we have a duty to care for all those who are lost or living a false convert lifestyle.

Ezekiel 3:18-21 (New King James Version)
18 When I say to the wicked, ‘You shall surely die,’ and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life, that same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at your hand. 19 Yet, if you warn the wicked, and he does not turn from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul.
20 “Again, when a righteous man turns from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and I lay a stumbling block before him, he shall die; because you did not give him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he has done shall not be remembered; but his blood I will require at your hand. 21 Nevertheless if you warn the righteous man that the righteous should not sin, and he does not sin, he shall surely live because he took warning; also you will have delivered your soul.”
Old 03-09-2011, 07:04 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
Bama is right we have a duty to care for all those who are lost or living a false convert lifestyle.

Ezekiel 3:18-21 (New King James Version)
18 When I say to the wicked, ‘You shall surely die,’ and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life, that same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at your hand. 19 Yet, if you warn the wicked, and he does not turn from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul.
20 “Again, when a righteous man turns from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and I lay a stumbling block before him, he shall die; because you did not give him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he has done shall not be remembered; but his blood I will require at your hand. 21 Nevertheless if you warn the righteous man that the righteous should not sin, and he does not sin, he shall surely live because he took warning; also you will have delivered your soul.”
Thank you! This is what I was looking for. Biblical confirmation or correction. I told my husband I thought the Bible said this but couldn't find the verses. Can wait to share this with him tonight!
Old 03-09-2011, 07:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
I don't know why this has been on my heart so much lately, but I am starting to pondered if a lot of people who say they are Christians actually understands what that means. I hear so many people say the believe in God and accepting Jesus as their Savior is the only way to heaven, but I can't help but wonder if they actually believe in Jesus with their heart. I think if you have Jesus in your heart you suffer from conviction when you sin. You detest sin, you suffer remorse when you sin, and you desire deeply to remove it from your life. Do you think anyone who truely has Jesus in them could be any other way? I hear so many people say "I know it is wrong, but..." The "but" kills me if it is not followed by how they are trying to removed the sin. I know none of us are perfect, but I think it is the desire to be pleasing to the Lord that pulls at my heart so much. It just makes me wonder when I see someone living in a way that displays their lack conviction for their sin that makes me wonder the content of their hearts. I guess I wonder if people falsely believe they are saved because their actions do not reflect Jesus in their hearts.
Well, you are missing a key third step. Salvation requires us to confess AND believe AND submit.

We have to submit ourselves to GOD's Will and give up our own free will or else our conversion is false. As Christians we are no longer free (in the world's understanding of freedom), we are GOD's property - slaves of GOD who have been purchased with the blood of Christ. Thus, as slaves, our lives become about doing nothing but the will of our Master.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:49 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Well, you are missing a key third step. Salvation requires us to confess AND believe AND submit.

We have to submit ourselves to GOD's Will and give up our own free will or else our conversion is false. As Christians we are no longer free (in the world's understanding of freedom), we are GOD's property - slaves of GOD who have been purchased with the blood of Christ. Thus, as slaves, our lives become about doing nothing but the will of our Master.
Well the submit part is what I put with conviction and repentance. Thanks for making that point clear!

We are all flawed. It is when I see people saying these flaws are just who they are that concerns me. If you have the Holy Spirit in you that would cause you to not accept sin in your life, and you would desire to remove it.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:04 PM
CAVEMAN

If someone really belongs to the LORD and is living in sin, GOD will deal with them. "Take them to the woodshed", so to speak.

Proverbs 3: 11 & 12

11My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction:

12For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

Dr Adrian Rogers preached a great message about this very subject.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:15 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
Thank you! This is what I was looking for. Biblical confirmation or correction. I told my husband I thought the Bible said this but couldn't find the verses. Can wait to share this with him tonight!
Glad I could help. I went through the same struggle myslef and was led to these verses. Ironiclly enough it was a tract I found laying around about a women who was given a letter by a man who went to hell that was a friend she never warned him about hell and becoming a Christian.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:00 PM
Maglorius

A Broken and Contrite Heart, God will not despise.

http://www.desiringgod.org/resource-...ll-not-despise

This was the title to a sermon that John Piper did a couple of years ago and it was immense in helping me understand my sin and how to get through those times when I did sin. Here is a quote that hope helps everyone here.

" And today our focus is on Psalm 51 and how to be crushed with guilt well. I hope that you are detecting a pattern. What makes a person a Christian is not that he doesn’t get discouraged, and it’s not that he doesn’t sin and feel miserable about it. What makes a person a Christian is the connection that he has with Jesus Christ that shapes how he thinks and feels about his discouragement and his sin and guilt."

I have the very same thoughts about my brothers and sisters in Christ and I believe very strongly that we should be concerned with each others walk with Christ and keep each other accountable. I have a really good friend who went to Mexico with his wife's family who all confess to be christians and from my opinion would be. But when they were down in Mexico his in laws proceeded to get drunk and abuse alcohol. My friend confronted them on this(as he should) and they replied in their defenses "everyone struggles with something" to his reply was "your not struggling with alcohol your freely giving yourself to it." The really sad part to me is one of his in laws is a youth pastor and tried to quote some scripture to justify his actions. My buddy told me that there seemed to be no remorse in their actions, which than would lead me to think do they really know and understand sin and who Jesus is in that sin. The youth pastor should have known for sure.

My point is yes we all struggle with sin and have things in our lives we must guard our hearts against or they will take us down, but when you freely give yourself over to something that is sinful, than you are entering into a path of destruction. The most loving thing you can do is confront your brother/sister and help lead them to repentance. The most unloving thing is to leave them to their sin. I very much dislike the phrases "It's all Good." and "Each to their own." Now this is all in context to confessing Christian brothers and sisters, not to our non believing friends.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:29 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

I have not read a single post in this thread...but I confess, and I believe.

I just dont need to confess to you or the church, unless I want to make a public profession, which is entirely my own choosing.

I only need confess to GOD, and only need to believe in Him and His Word...I can pick and choose from Church Dogma and Tradition, and evalutate myself whatever is presented on here by anyone.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:39 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post

I just dont need to confess to you or the church, unless I want to make a public profession, which is entirely my own choosing.

I only need confess to GOD, and only need to believe in Him and His Word...I can pick and choose from Church Dogma and Tradition, and evalutate myself whatever is presented on here by anyone.
I agree whole heartedly!!
Old 03-11-2011, 09:53 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Then why are you posting?? It just seems rude to me.

I'm not trying to attack you Dave it just seems pretty insensitive to start a post by basically saying you don't care what anybody else has to say, but you want us to read what you have to say....

If you have the time to share your opinion then why not take the time to consider others?