Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 03-07-2011, 04:47 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Default Anti Gun Senator Shoots intruder!

02Anti-Gun Senator Shoots Intruder
Site Administrator posted on March 02, 2011 17:55

Anti-Gun Senator Shoots Intruder
Field and Stream

State Senator R.C. Soles (D - NC) Long time Anti-Gun Advocate State Senator R.C. Soles, 74, shot one of two intruders at his home just outside Tabor City, N.C. about 5 p.m. Sunday, the prosecutor for the politician's home county said.

The intruder, Kyle Blackburn, was taken to a South Carolina hospital, but the injuries were not reported to be life-threatening, according to Rex Gore, district attorney for Columbus, Bladen andBrunswick counties.

The State Bureau of Investigation and Columbus County Sheriff's Department are investigating the shooting, Gore said. Soles, who was not arrested,declined to discuss the incident Sunday evening.
"I am not in a position to talk to you," Soles said by telephone.
"I'm right in the middle of an investigation."
The Senator, who has made a career of being against gun ownership for the general public, didn't hesitate to defend himself with his own gun when he believed he was in immediate danger and he was the victim.
In typical hypocritical liberal fashion, the "Do as I say and not as I do" Anti-Gun Activist Lawmaker picked up his gun and took action in what apparently was a self-defense shooting.
Why hypocritical you may ask?
It is because his long legislative record shows that the actions that he took to protect his family, his own response to a dangerous life threatening situation, are actions that he feels ordinary citizens should not have if they were faced with an identical situation.

It has prompted some to ask if the Senator believes his life and personal safety is more valuable than yours or mine.
But, this is to be expected from those who believe they can run our lives, raise our kids, and protect our families better than we can.

Posted in: 2nd Amendment Articles
Old 03-07-2011, 04:56 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

I hope this becomes HUGE news.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Dethbob

Oh, it’ll get buried, no doubt about that. They’ll publish the story but ‘just the facts’, leaving the D off the end of his name and downplaying the connection to his voting record.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:50 PM
billwilliams70

Oh, it did get burried. This happened in 2009!

I searched Google News for R.C. Soles and nothing came up, then I searched the interwebz and found this.

http://www.starnewsonline.com/articl...CLES/908239980

Here's the article talking about the indictment: http://www.starnewsonline.com/articl...cles/100109828

Later.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:03 PM
Dethbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70 View Post
Oh, it did get burried. This happened in 2009!
Excellent work, great find!
Old 03-07-2011, 06:05 PM
billwilliams70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethbob View Post
Excellent work, great find!
Well, I wanted the link.....I thought it was an intersting story worth sharing on FB....but since it's almost two years old, I'll pass.

Later.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:12 PM
Twinsmama

http://www.starnewsonline.com/articl...703/?p=1&tc=pg

more to the story. do this mean he got in trouble for shooting at someone on a different occassion. i'm confused but i did space out half way thru the article.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:19 PM
billwilliams70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsmama View Post
http://www.starnewsonline.com/articl...703/?p=1&tc=pg

more to the story. do this mean he got in trouble for shooting at someone on a different occassion. i'm confused but i did space out half way thru the article.
Oh Emm Gee! Another one, and it's new.

Seems like police officers in Tabor City need to practice running through the woods.

This article says nothing about who shot whom. However, the irony that an anti gun senator would shoot an intruder is still pretty funny.

Later.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:54 PM
Crisco

Definition of irony?
Old 03-07-2011, 07:39 PM
Dethbob

That's awesome!

"State Sen. R.C. Soles pleaded guilty on Feb. 25 2010 at the Columbus County Courthouse to a reduced charge of assault with a deadly weapon and was fined $1000 after shooting a man."

"doctors think the detective may have a torn rotator cuff"

"went into the water without his shirt or pants – which were lost earlier"

"the officer may have a torn ACL"

"Soles pleaded guilty to assault and paid a $1,000 fine"

Of course, no mention of his party affiliation or voting record. I bet they’ll try to pass him of as a Republican.