Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
In many Court case the judges rule that a personal car is not the property of the land owner. Meaning you do not give up you rrights just because you drive onto a lot owned by another. for this to be leagal. Than they would have to do an outright ban on all bumper stickers or else it is discrimination. SO unless the school distirct is ready to do that this man can sue and would win. He might loose in appeals because Orgean 6th court is extremely liberal but he would win at the SCOTUS level because they have ruled in favor on issues like this many times
with a society that is worrying about kids bringing guns to school... many parents are willing to let certain "rights' get bent...

and we are not talking about Bumper stickers.. but a flag...

and speaking of bumper stickers.. this teacher got fired.. for hers..

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bes...ker.hln?hpt=T2
Old 03-06-2011, 10:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Hollywood Mike. DYK the highest membership rates for the KKK is not even in the SOuth? Also the North made laws banning the blacks form living there till almost 1940's. The north won the war rewrote history to hide their own extrme racism.
Yeah, I've read that the last thing Abraham Lincoln wanted was integration of whites and blacks in America after the emancipation. His belief was that the freed slaves needed to be relocated out of the country (preferably Central America).

As far as racism today, while I was in the Army the most racist people I ever met were from the northwestern states like Oregon, Minnesota and Wisconsin. I don't think I met any racist whites from the South. Now racist blacks and racist Hispanics, that's a completely different story.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
i admire him for taking a stand but with 4 young children at home and probably having to sell stuff off just to pay the rent...
maybe he should take a stand when he is in a better financial position to do so.
So we should only fight for our freedoms when it is convenient for us or when it doesn't actually require any sacrifice on our part?
Old 03-06-2011, 11:42 PM
rearnakedchoke

i always thought the confederate flag was cool ... but i grew up watching the dukes of hazzard ... i understand that it was his own personal truck ... just a question ... what if the flag was a nazi flag? not saying they represent the same thing, but the freedom of expression issue ...
Old 03-06-2011, 11:54 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
I think the idea of the confederate flag representing racism is total BS anyway. Southern Pride does not mean you're a racist. That connection was falsely made a long time ago and for some reason it hasn't let go.
+1
Old 03-07-2011, 12:37 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
i always thought the confederate flag was cool ... but i grew up watching the dukes of hazzard ... i understand that it was his own personal truck ... just a question ... what if the flag was a nazi flag? not saying they represent the same thing, but the freedom of expression issue ...
If everyone has the same right to express themself there than yes even that flag. The CSA battle flag is nothing more than a symbol much like the fish ornament, the mason thing or even the stupid gay flag that is out there. All these people have a irgh tto express who they are even if what they have offends me or what I have offends them. I hold the urge to rear end cars with the Darwin fish all the time but hey they have a right to be wrong.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:05 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
I hold the urge to rear end cars with the Darwin fish all the time but hey they have a right to be wrong.
.. hmmmmmm

So evolution doesn't happen?? Or God doesn't cause evolution??? Prolly another thread.. but I had to ask..
Old 03-07-2011, 01:13 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
.. hmmmmmm

So evolution doesn't happen?? Or God doesn't cause evolution??? Prolly another thread.. but I had to ask..
Definitely another thread; but you'll find that there is no real evidence for macro-evolution, which is the main focus of Darwinism. We can see evidence of micro-evolution (adaptations within a species), but macro-evolution (ie: lizards evolving into birds) doesn't happen.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:26 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Definitely another thread; but you'll find that there is no real evidence for macro-evolution, which is the main focus of Darwinism. We can see evidence of micro-evolution (adaptations within a species), but macro-evolution (ie: lizards evolving into birds) doesn't happen.
This is how Darwin's theory should be taught:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clip...abies-butt-sex
Old 03-07-2011, 01:42 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
This is how Darwin's theory should be taught:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clip...abies-butt-sex
That's actually more logical than real evolutionary theory.

Punctuated equilibrium = a lizard lays a bunch of eggs and one of them just happens to have a bird in it. That bird somehow manages to survive long enough to find another bird (conveniently of the opposite gender) that hatched from a lizard egg and together they become the ancestors of every modern bird in existence.

I guess that makes sense because we used to have a dog who gave birth to fish and goats and chameleons and bald eagles all the time.

Directed panspermia = we were all transplanted on earth by aliens. Seriously that's what passes for scientific theory these days.