Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-04-2011, 06:11 PM
Miss Foxy

It kills me to say that about Chael, but I know right is right and wrong is wrong. I don't think Chael should use this as an opportunity to knock Bisping down. He should understand what it's like to be in this guys shoes..
Old 03-04-2011, 06:34 PM

I'm waiting for my apology too!

No doubt about it, Chael is very entertaining, you never know what he'll come up with next! I'm kinda getting to like the guy.

Please, Joe Silva, make this fight happen. Amen.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:43 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
You have any information/links confirming 4 times the normal amount??? I have never found any...

Like I said.. I would like to see the result of the failed test.. and compare that to the other failed test levels...
It was reported by every major MMA news source numerous times while the whole thing was going on. Regardless of that, the fact is he still dropped dirty. It don't matter if it was .01% higher than normal levels, he still failed the test and failed to properly disclose the information.

Simply saying "I told you once so I shouldn't have to tell you again", may fly when you are trying to be a strict parent, but not when you are a professional fighter who has to answer to the athletic commissions and fight promoters. I have a hard time buying it simply based on the fact that Chael has been around this sport for 14 years. He should know the proper procedures in any state he is licensed to fight in, and especially in California and Nevada. Heck, Chael also claims to work for the Oregon Athletic Commission, so he really can't expect everybody to buy his story when it's a claim that has so many holes in it. Chael wouldn't be the first athlete to use this type of disorder as an excuse to cover his ass in the event of a dirty test, and Chael knew that as long as he appealed the charges he would likely get a reduction. People think that getting the punishment reduced equals a win for Sonnen, but it don't really mean crap. James Toney sat in front of that same commission and talked mad trash to the commissioners while saying "somebody spiked my water" and he got a sentence reduction too. At the very same hearing, Hermes Franca admitted he was guilty of using steroids to recover from an injury and didn't argue with them, and they gave him the maximum penalty. Basically, if you give them the rope, they will hang you to make themselves look like they are doing their job, but if you put up a fight of any kind they just reduce the sentence to shut you up and move on to the next case.

Last edited by J.B.; 03-04-2011 at 11:54 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:10 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
It was reported by every major MMA news source numerous times while the whole thing was going on. Regardless of that, the fact is he still dropped dirty. It don't matter if it was .01% higher than normal levels, he still failed the test and failed to properly disclose the information.

Simply saying "I told you once so I shouldn't have to tell you again", may fly when you are trying to be a strict parent, but not when you are a professional fighter who has to answer to the athletic commissions and fight promoters. I have a hard time buying it simply based on the fact that Chael has been around this sport for 14 years. He should know the proper procedures in any state he is licensed to fight in, and especially in California and Nevada. Heck, Chael also claims to work for the Oregon Athletic Commission, so he really can't expect everybody to buy his story when it's a claim that has so many holes in it. Chael wouldn't be the first athlete to use this type of disorder as an excuse to cover his ass in the event of a dirty test, and Chael knew that as long as he appealed the charges he would likely get a reduction. People think that getting the punishment reduced equals a win for Sonnen, but it don't really mean crap. James Toney sat in front of that same commission and talked mad trash to the commissioners while saying "somebody spiked my water" and he got a sentence reduction too. At the very same hearing, Hermes Franca admitted he was guilty of using steroids to recover from an injury and didn't argue with them, and they gave him the maximum penalty. Basically, if you give them the rope, they will hang you to make themselves look like they are doing their job, but if you put up a fight of any kind they just reduce the sentence to shut you up and move on to the next case.
You are aware that it was a doctor prescribed medicine ain't you? Or that not matter compared to your obvious hatred? Are you a Medical expert? How do you know the elevation being so high was on purpose? While I can do without Cheals trash talk I think some folks are going overboard by hating him for taking a Doctor prescribed medicine which just happens to be Testosterone!
Old 03-05-2011, 01:10 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENTUCKYREDBONE View Post
You are aware that it was a doctor prescribed medicine ain't you? Or that not matter compared to your obvious hatred? Are you a Medical expert? How do you know the elevation being so high was on purpose? While I can do without Cheals trash talk I think some folks are going overboard by hating him for taking a Doctor prescribed medicine which just happens to be Testosterone!
LOL...It has nothing to do with liking Chael or disliking him.

I don't need to be a doctor to see that plenty of other professionals and yes, DOCTORS, said the testimony from the doctor that diagnosed Chael was sketchy. It's a FACT, athletes who use PED's have used this excuse in the past and Chael has proven himself to be full of crap on more than one occasion. So yeah, I question the validity of his claim.

Just saying "a doctor prescribed it to me" doesn't mean you can have it in your system in excess levels when you take your drug test. Chael knows the procedures, and he failed to follow them. Besides, you are aware that it's VERY easy to get a doctors prescription for just about anything, especially if you know the right people and have a little bit of money.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:43 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:

ok.. I have been looking around the net for this 4 times higher than normal amounts... still haven't found it... If you hve it.. show it.

Franca.. admitted it.. got what he deserved.

Sherk fought it.. and had plenty of "evidence" saying he was "screwed".. Bonner was popped.. Sylvia.. popped... what does that have to do with anything...
Old 03-05-2011, 02:04 PM
cubsfan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I'm waiting for my apology too!

No doubt about it, Chael is very entertaining, you never know what he'll come up with next! I'm kinda getting to like the guy.

Please, Joe Silva, make this fight happen. Amen.
Indeed. They deserve each other.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:00 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Cause Bisping.. made every MMA fighter look like a moron.. the knee I can get past..it wasn't the first and it wasn't the last illegle strike in MMA...

But to act like he did by spitting on/at the opposing corner... It's similiar to Paul Daley...Tito Ortiz... Nate and Nick.. Rich Clementi (though I thought that was VERY funny myself..)... just bad sportsmanship.. shows a lack of maturity... and just all around "crappy 'tude"...

Granted.. I don't think Chael is the poster boy for "role model".. but he hasn't done anything in the cage that's illeagle.

And before the hates come out with flames of doping.. Chael was suspended for "doping".. he was suspended for failing to disclose .. which he had done "many" times before and was fine... I would like to see he tests on the fights that he did disclose properly.. and compare the results to the Andy fight....just to see if the "over the limit" levels were similiar...
you forgot to add Renato Sobral to your list and your correct...whilst Chael Sonnen is a mouth...and a drug taker also if the suspension is warrented...he's not known for bad behaviour inside the cage...just a smack talker before and after
Old 03-05-2011, 05:31 PM
bradwright

actually i didn't like Chael very much in the beginning but he is starting to grow on me a bit...
on the other hand i kinda liked Bisping in the beginning but he is starting to show us a side of himself that i dont find appealing at all...

so i hope this fight takes place and Sonnen pounds the crap out of him...a couple of months ago i think i would have wanted to see a different outcome...but not anymore.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:46 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Quote:
LOL...It has nothing to do with liking Chael or disliking him.

I don't need to be a doctor to see that plenty of other professionals and yes, DOCTORS, said the testimony from the doctor that diagnosed Chael was sketchy. It's a FACT, athletes who use PED's have used this excuse in the past and Chael has proven himself to be full of crap on more than one occasion. So yeah, I question the validity of his claim.

Just saying "a doctor prescribed it to me" doesn't mean you can have it in your system in excess levels when you take your drug test. Chael knows the procedures, and he failed to follow them. Besides, you are aware that it's VERY easy to get a doctors prescription for just about anything, especially if you know the right people and have a little bit of money.
He did put down on paper that he had an injection! He has disclosed the injections in the past. That has been posted on here if you bothered to read. Unless you are a medical professional or have info we don't you are just talking junk. The same thing Sonnon does! From what I have read it was not the Shots they got him on but the technicality that he did not verbally disclose it. If your gonna harp on Sonnon for that are you gonna hate on the others that got popped? Or Diaz for his pot? To me it seems as if you are harping on treatment for a medical condition when you know nothing about it. A treatment which has been used for a long time by several people!