Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-07-2011, 01:20 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
I never said that Maynard won the title, I stated that Pettis was told he woudl fight the winner and there was no winner of that fight. A draw does not equate to a loss, if it did then it would be reflected that way in Maynards record, but its not. There is really nothing wrong with what the UFC is doing.
If He won, he would have the Title...he doesnt have the Title...therefore he LOST his contendership by default.

A Draw at Title level DOES equal a loss, because it DOESNT equal a Win...because if it did, then it would result in a new title holder.

Also it IS reflected on Maynards Record...the rematch will be the SECOND time he fights for a title he FAILED to get the first time.

And stop stiring Chuck...one day your a help, the next day nothing but a hindrance
Old 03-07-2011, 01:57 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
If He won, he would have the Title...he doesnt have the Title...therefore he LOST his contendership by default.
but he came REAL CLOSE didn't he.... can't wait to see it again!!

Quote:
A Draw at Title level DOES equal a loss, because it DOESNT equal a Win...because if it did, then it would result in a new title holder.
No it doesn't.. it equals a draw neither man lost.. neither won...tha'ts why there are 3 columns in the records 9actaully 4.. but that's rare unless you are a Gumby type fighter...

Quote:
Also it IS reflected on Maynards Record...the rematch will be the SECOND time he fights for a title he FAILED to get the first time.
as a draw.. not a loss

Quote:
And stop •••• stiring Chuck...one day your a help, the next day nothing but a hindrance
ohhhh.. bad wordy from Dave... are people either with you or against you Dave?
Old 03-07-2011, 04:31 AM
Chuck

Quote:
And stop stiring Chuck...one day your a help, the next day nothing but a hindrance
LOL.... Dave I put virtually no effort into being either... I think for the most part I'm pretty objective on here. I just call it as I see it.

Do you disagree with anything I said???

Or just not like it?

You know the truth only hurts when it's supposed to.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:57 AM
Max

Quote:
1. If He won, he would have the Title...he doesnt have the Title...therefore he LOST his contendership by default.

2. A Draw at Title level DOES equal a loss, because it DOESNT equal a Win...because if it did, then it would result in a new title holder.

3. Also it IS reflected on Maynards Record...the rematch will be the SECOND time he fights for a title he FAILED to get the first time.

A
1.I agree he did not win, in fact Ive never once said he won, I have said over and over there was no winner in that fight, and I am correct when I say that. Just because he did not win does not mean he lost, the fight was a draw.

2. No it does not equal a loss it equal's a draw. If it equaled a loss there would be a loss on Maynard's record, this is not the case though, Maynard has yet to lose a fight.

3. I never said it was not reflected on his record, if you read what I posted I stated, "A draw does not equate to a loss, if it did then it would be reflected that way in Maynards record, but its not". The fight between Maynard and Edgar is reflected as a draw on both of their records. Maynard's record is 10-0-1 (1NC) and Edgar's record is 13-1-1. Maynard does not have a loss there for he did not lose the fight with Edgar. In fact its even listed on the UFC website as a draw.

Its clear that Dana is a man of his word, he said that Pettis would get the winner of the fight and since there was no winner he had to make a rematch before giving Pettis his title shot.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:31 AM

Dave your wrong Maynard has beaten the champion... He is 1-0 with a draw vs the champion... He deserves another shot...
Old 03-07-2011, 12:05 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
Dave your wrong Maynard has beaten the champion... He is 1-0 with a draw vs the champion... He deserves another shot...
No he doesnt. Not when the shot was promised to someone else.

They fought, he failed to win the championship, a draw is not enough to win a championship, the contendership was lost...Frankie Edgar keeps the belt, ergo he is still the champion...even though it was a draw, technically there is a winner who still has the belt, and a loooser who hasnt got the belt.

Time for Anthony Pettis.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Buc Nasty

No Dave, just no.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:33 PM
Rev

Hey Dave, maybe you should write a letter to someone about it.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:48 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
No he doesnt. Not when the shot was promised to someone else.

They fought, he failed to win the championship, a draw is not enough to win a championship, the contendership was lost...Frankie Edgar keeps the belt, ergo he is still the champion...even though it was a draw, technically there is a winner who still has the belt, and a loooser who hasnt got the belt.

Time for Anthony Pettis.
Dave, that's just obviously false. If it's ruled a draw, then technically it's a draw. Period.

Maybe you could argue that there was an effectual winner & loser (still a false statement), but to say that a draw is technically a loss makes about as much sense as saying that the English have technically nice dental work!
Old 03-07-2011, 06:14 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Dave, that's just obviously false. If it's ruled a draw, then technically it's a draw. Period.

Maybe you could argue that there was an effectual winner & loser (still a false statement), but to say that a draw is technically a loss makes about as much sense as saying that the English have technically nice dental work!