Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 03-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
He has bills to pay just like everybody else.
I doubt it.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:49 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
My first thoughts exactly.
Maybe he's trying to set an example and have other people do as he does in regards to donating to charities. I am sure he donates to many more things aside from that and also when celebrities do matching to causes it does really well.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:57 PM

Just my 2 cents.

I think it's incredibly hypocritical for a millionaire many times over to ask us "little people" to contribute to their pet charities. Many of us give to charities when we are able, or tithe on a regular basis.

It's probably not the best time to ask the average Joe for a donation when so many are struggling to scrape up rent/mortgage payments or out of work all together.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:58 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Just my 2 cents.

I think it's incredibly hypocritical for a millionaire many times over to ask us "little people" to contribute to their pet charities. Many of us give to charities when we are able, or tithe on a regular basis.

It's probably not the best time to ask the average Joe for a donation when so many are struggling to scrape up rent/mortgage payments or out of work all together.
Word.. Donate this way!! lol..But he's only a kid.. I see what you mean though.. Most of those donations are tax write-offs aren't they?
Old 03-02-2011, 09:15 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Just my 2 cents.

HAHAHAHAHA, FLO I LOVE YOUR NEW AVATAR!!!

I literally had to bite my knuckles to keep for bursting out laughing!!
Old 03-02-2011, 09:28 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Most of those donations are tax write-offs aren't they?
Yes, you should have received your charitable contribution receipt in your e-mail.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:23 PM
County Mike

A writeoff doesn't mean you get it back though. At best, you can reduce your taxable income by that amount so the amount you save (or get back) is only your taxed percentage.

If I donate $1000 to a charity the actual return difference from that would be around $200 at best. I'm still down $800.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:27 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
A writeoff doesn't mean you get it back though. At best, you can reduce your taxable income by that amount so the amount you save (or get back) is only your taxed percentage.

If I donate $1000 to a charity the actual return difference from that would be around $200 at best. I'm still down $800.
Good to know.. What I meant though was he can write it off can't he.. Either way I wish I had his piggy bank..
Old 03-02-2011, 10:40 PM
Rev

Quote:
Good to know.. What I meant though was he can write it off can't he.. Either way I wish I had his piggy bank..
At what point does it stop being called a "piggy" bank?
When it belongs to someone who has the money of most of these celbs, it should be a HOG bank or SOW bank even a BOAR bank.
Just my thoughts on this deep discussion.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Word.. Donate this way!! lol..But he's only a kid.. I see what you mean though.. Most of those donations are tax write-offs aren't they?
I know what you're saying, Miss Foxy, and yes, they are deductible if you give to a qualified charity. So if you gave, say, $100 and you are in a 25% tax bracket, you would save $25 on your taxes from your $100 contribution.

The entire amount is never deductible, AFAIK.