Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 03-02-2011, 12:35 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Default Another reason to stop hating on Justin Bieber

I really don't know why everybody hates on this kid so much (jealous haters!). For his 17th birthday, Justin Bieber has asked people to donate $17 to mycharity: Water, which helps provide clean water projects in developing countries. He's close to tripling his goal of $17,000!

http://mycharitywater.org/p/campaign?campaign_id=13922
Old 03-02-2011, 03:23 PM
Miss Foxy

Aww I love Justin!!! He's also helping his father who wasn't there for him and is a criminal achieve his dream of being a rapper. Sure the guy is a piece of crap, but Justin is being selfless in helping him. This kid amazes me..He's awesome. Thanks for the link I am going to donate!!!
Old 03-02-2011, 03:57 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Aww I love Justin!!! He's also helping his father who wasn't there for him and is a criminal achieve his dream of being a rapper. Sure the guy is a piece of crap, but Justin is being selfless in helping him. This kid amazes me..He's awesome. Thanks for the link I am going to donate!!!
what a loser

the dad i mean
Old 03-02-2011, 04:16 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
what a loser

the dad i mean
I know.. I was thinking that myself how he can he ask his son to help him accomplish his dream yet was in prison and out of his life?? This kid gives me hope in the world. The dad should be trying to make a relationship with Justin like being his #1 fan and supporting Justin not thinking of himself. He's trying to capitalize off his sons achievements.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:05 PM
County Mike

Not hating on him, but doesn't $17,000 seem a little weak for someone who's making that about every hour?

Instead of asking people to donate to his charity, why doesn't he just donate enough to get it done. I'm sure he could part with a million and not really miss it too much.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:07 PM
rearnakedchoke

all canadians are like this .. just can't sing as good ...
Old 03-02-2011, 05:20 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Not hating on him, but doesn't $17,000 seem a little weak for someone who's making that about every hour?

Instead of asking people to donate to his charity, why doesn't he just donate enough to get it done. I'm sure he could part with a million and not really miss it too much.
Bieber does a lot of concerts where the proceeds go to charity and each ticket that he sells for his normal concerts - $1 goes to support that charity. Pencils of Promise is one of those charities - they build new schools. He actually won an award for his support of this charity.

He has bills to pay just like everybody else.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:22 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Bieber does a lot of concerts where the proceeds go to charity and each ticket that he sells for his normal concerts - $1 goes to support that charity. Pencils of Promise is one of those charities - they build new schools. He actually won an award for his support of this charity.

He has bills to pay just like everybody else.
Well, that's good to hear. I was just saying, asking other people to donate to a charity in your name is nice, but not as generous as actually donating to it yourself. Knowing he also donates to good causes is a plus.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Buc Nasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
all canadians are like this .. just can't sing as good ...
Sure they are!

Old 03-02-2011, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post

My first thoughts exactly.