Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 03-02-2011, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
LOL AWESOME!!!
"Hey man, youve got some sick jits, where do you train?" "Down at the wal-mart."

outstanding!!
Old 03-02-2011, 06:48 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
LOL AWESOME!!!
"Hey man, youve got some sick jits, where do you train?" "Down at the wal-mart."

outstanding!!
Old 03-02-2011, 01:27 PM
cubsfan47

Everyday Low Prices on MMA training? Cool.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:47 PM
Chuck

I don't understand why everybody is trashing his idea? Why do people automatically assume because it's in a Wal Mart it's a joke or going to be low quality?

I think it's a pretty smart idea. Wal Mart's are always in good locations, plenty of parking, good exposure, no worries of your Anchor tenant leaving like you would in a strip mall.

Is having a gym in a strip mall next to some knock off cellular place or a crap restaurant really that much better???
Old 03-02-2011, 02:26 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I don't understand why everybody is trashing his idea? Why do people automatically assume because it's in a Wal Mart it's a joke or going to be low quality?

I think it's a pretty smart idea. Wal Mart's are always in good locations, plenty of parking, good exposure, no worries of your Anchor tenant leaving like you would in a strip mall.

Is having a gym in a strip mall next to some knock off cellular place or a crap restaurant really that much better???
There's a big difference between a gym and learning martial arts as most people know how to lift weights and do cardio.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:30 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
There's a big difference between a gym and learning martial arts as most people know how to lift weights and do cardio.
I'm not following you.............. How does that apply?

Not arguing bro, just not quite sure what you're trying to say here.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:10 PM
ufcfan2

Surpise they didn't call it WAL-MMArt!!
Old 03-02-2011, 03:15 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcfan2 View Post
Surpise they didn't call it WAL-MMArt!!
Clever!
Old 03-02-2011, 04:10 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post

I don't care that it's walmart.. I love walmart just not in California they are dirty and crowded. I am a target shopper, however when I was living in Texas you could find me at Walmart!!
My thing is how clean is it.. I would want to know what type of cleaning they conduct and also the trainers if they have background checks etc... I can care less if it's walmart.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:05 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
I don't care that it's walmart.. I love walmart just not in California they are dirty and crowded. I am a target shopper, however when I was living in Texas you could find me at Walmart!!
My thing is how clean is it.. I would want to know what type of cleaning they conduct and also the trainers if they have background checks etc... I can care less if it's walmart.
All Wal Mart's are not created equal, this is very true!

I personally wouldn't automatically discount them or what they're able to teach just because of the location they chose. That's all I was saying.

There's a website somewhere that has pictures of people in Wal Mart.. have you seen it? It's pretty funny!