Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-27-2011, 03:51 AM

Michael Bisping vs. Jorge Rivera
Round 1
Marc Goddard is the referee for the middleweight co-main event, and he gets to work early, stepping between Bisping and Rivera as Bisping wanders into the Octagon and toward the American corner. There is no touch of gloves in the final instructions, nor as the fight begins. Both men rush to the center of the cage and meet, with Rivera firing first. His big right hand glances and Bisping returns fire with a one-two. Another right from Rivera and Bisping goes low, plowing Rivera down to the ground with a double-leg. Bisping grabs the cage as he attempts to mount and is warned. No matter, as they’re soon back on the feet with Rivera throwing up his arms. Rivera’s right hand finds its mark again, stumbling the Brit and prompting him to shoot again. Rivera stuffs this one, but falls to another attempt seconds later. Bisping scoots Rivera around in guard and lands short elbows. Bisping stands and drills his left knee into the forehead of Rivera, who is clearly grounded on both knees. Leon Roberts halts the action instantly and the doctors rush to check on Rivera, who was not knocked out cold, but does appear dazed. They ask Rivera to stand and he does. Roberts asks Rivera if he can continue, and Rivera asserts that he can. Roberts docks Bisping a point for the infraction and the action resumes with two minutes left in the opening round. Rivera clocks Bisping with a right hook. Bisping shoots and is stuffed. He throws hands for a minute, landing a few rights, and then finds success on another takedown attempt. He stands and throws downward at Rivera, who eats a few punches while scrambling back to his feet.

Jordan Breen scores the round 9-9
Tomasz Marciniak scores the round 10-9 Rivera
Jeff Sherwood scores the round 9-9
Old 02-27-2011, 03:51 AM
Administrator

Who? When is BJ up?
Old 02-27-2011, 03:53 AM

Apparently he spit on Jorge's corner people. He semi-apologized, saying he is "sensitive".
Old 02-27-2011, 03:53 AM
Buzzard

Bisping is such a @%&$*.

EDIT: Didn't mean to insult pufta's by comparing them to Buttfling, erm, Bisping.

The illegal knee sure didn't seem accidental. Props to Jorge for continuing. At one point though, I thought the ref said the fight was to be stopped, then they asked Jorge if he could continue.

Last edited by Buzzard; 02-27-2011 at 04:00 AM. Reason: Because
Old 02-27-2011, 03:54 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Why did they show Dizzee Rascal? Who the heck is that?
Old 02-27-2011, 03:55 AM

I don't think I could be happy with a win if I've previously leveled the opponent with an illegal knee like that.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
I don't think I could be happy with a win if I've previously leveled the opponent with an illegal knee like that.
I think he'll take them any way he can. Rogan says "A classy guy", yeah that was all pure class, Joe.

Round 2
A cracking right hand from Rivera sends Bisping backward to the canvas, but the Brit quickly regains his legs. He snaps a stiff left jab off in Rivera’s face. Now it’s a series of huge, wind-up right hooks by Bisping. Rivera is covering up on his feet and Bisping begins mixing it up, alternating punches and short elbows to the head and body. One big right hook drops Rivera to a knee, and a few more punches seal the deal, as Goddard calls it off at 1:54 of the second round. Bisping immediately rushes to Rivera’s corner, and then comes back toward Rivera, but Goddard gets between them. He has some words for Rivera -- “Go home, loser,” among them -- but the two do embrace after cooling down.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I think he'll take them any way her can. Rogan says "A classy guy", yeah that was all pure class, Joe.
I'm sure he will.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Who? When is BJ up?
Up next!
Old 02-27-2011, 03:59 AM

I really want Bj to win.