Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-27-2011, 03:59 PM
logrus

Round 1: Penn 10-9

Round 2: very close, but I had Peen sneaking it out. There is no 10-10 for a round so someone is losing it. In my case I felt Penn looked a hair better. 10-9 Penn

Round 3: Finch, nothing special about this round, Finch was strong but nothing to warrant anything other then 10-9.

Penn wins 29-28
Old 02-27-2011, 04:04 PM
Administrator

1st round = bj
2nd round = draw
3rd round = fitch
thats how they come up with 28-28

most people score a round on what they see last. i always tell my guys to finish the round hard to push the judges dec our way. lets take the 2nd round and start it with fitch on top for that min and a half then bj stands up and then takes fitch down and lets let the round end with bj going for the rnc. now who won the fight?
Old 02-27-2011, 04:10 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt hughes View Post
1st round = bj
2nd round = draw
3rd round = fitch
thats how they come up with 28-28

most people score a round on what they see last. i always tell my guys to finish the round hard to push the judges dec our way. lets take the 2nd round and start it with fitch on top for that min and a half then bj stands up and then takes fitch down and lets let the round end with bj going for the rnc. now who won the fight?
Fitch....well you did ask.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:16 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
2 of the judges had the second round a draw and 1 gave it to Fitch and all three gave the third to Fitch.
Thank you.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:20 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
its not that i dont like fitch i just dont like watching him fight. he just does nothing to finish a fight. i dont think the ufc wants to give him a title shot because he might win.
I aggree. But at lightweight I think Penn would have finished with the RNC...thats my whole point in all of this. Not that Penn is a bad fighter, or that he's lost it...my point is he's fighting in the wrong weight division.

He was never meant to be a welterweight, not when he fought you, not when he fought GSP, and not when he fought Fitch. His success lies at Lightweight, even with Frankie Edgar.

...and the UFC dont want to give him a title shot because they dont like him do they. They have never liked him. I'm not sure its because he doesnt finish, coz Georges is exactly the same in that regard...after all...who wants to see 5 rounds of him fighting either...heaven help us if they ever fight..how do you cancell out the skills of two guys whose main priority is to cancel each other out ahahahaha...I dont remember what triggered it...but I do remember when Jon Fitch and his entire camp were momentarily ejected from the UFC by President White. I dont think they will ever forgive him for whatever it was he did to cause that. Which may be why they gave Penn to him. Hoping a clear cut victory by Penn would knock him out of legitamate contendership...which is where he's been sat forever.

Having said that...I dont think he could beat GSP...so I dont think their fears will come true whilst Georges still reigns. At least I hope not anyway.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Fitch....well you did ask.
now tell me why?
Old 02-27-2011, 04:39 PM
bradwright

Quote:
now tell me why?
well honestly i thought Fitch out worked BJ enough in the second to win it.

i know BJ took him down but Fitch reversed it and although you or anyone here for that matter may not agree with me Fitch in my eyes gets more points for the reversal then BJ gets for the take down and the try at the RNC.
the only thing that might have saved him was getting up near the end of the round.
and we all know BJ dominated in the first and Fitch dominated in the third.

so to me Fitch wins.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
well honestly i thought Fitch out worked BJ enough in the second to win it.

i know BJ took him down but Fitch reversed it and although you or anyone here for that matter may not agree with me Fitch in my eyes gets more points for the reversal then BJ gets for the take down and the try at the RNC.
the only thing that might have saved him was getting up near the end of the round.
and we all know BJ dominated in the first and Fitch dominated in the third.

so to me Fitch wins.
why would the reversal be worth more than the takedown? so your not wanting guys to go for subs? bj went for a rnc and got reversed. interesting...
Old 02-27-2011, 04:57 PM
bradwright

Quote:
why would the reversal be worth more than the takedown? so your not wanting guys to go for subs? bj went for a rnc and got reversed. interesting...
the sub attempt wasn't one of his better ones...the reversal was good and that with the way the rest of the round went i thought Fitch did more.

dont get me wrong here i wasn't pulling for Fitch over BJ...actually it didn't matter to me who won the fight...i was already out of the sig competition and i have no preference over either fighter...i just thought Fitch won.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:03 PM
County Mike

It's nice to see Matt discussing the fights with us on here. We don't usually get to see his insight. Thanks Matt.