Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 03-07-2009, 02:52 AM
lyndsey823

Default My boss would kill me if he saw me write this

But, ah, I just want to slap some sense into the 2 girls getting tattooed right now.

Ok, I work at a tattoo shop at night. I set up and clean stations, get the all the inks ready, help sell tattoos and piercings. But tonight I just had to walk away from the counter. We see SOOOO many weird things come through. But why oh why would one of these girls get "Property of TimeBomb" and the other girl get "Flavor of the Week" on their lower backs. Ugh, I just don't get it!! Well I get it, but come on.

Oh well, nothing I can do. It's not my "job" to talk people out of ridiculous stuff. If it weren't for lame brain people I wouldn't have a job. Well a second job anyway, lol.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:07 AM
Hughes_GOAT

yes, "Tramp Stamps." still in demand.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:10 AM
logrus

I wouldn't be questioning the girls as much as the tattooer. I know a couple guys who refuse things like that, They see the body a canvas, and the tattoo represents them as the artist. They would never want them or their business represented that way.

Course I don't speak for every person who does tattoo's, most just dont care and see it as an easy buck.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:18 AM
lyndsey823

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus
I wouldn't be questioning the girls as much as the tattooer. I know a couple guys who refuse things like that, They see the body a canvas, and the tattoo represents them as the artist. They would never want them or their business represented that way.

Course I don't speak for every person who does tattoo's, most just dont care and see it as an easy buck.
at first, they were refusing to do tattoo's like this when i first started working here years ago. but SO many people come here asking for stupid work like this, they just started charging crazy amounts. they want to do good work, stuff they are in this business for. but when you get people like this who are adamant about getting stupid stuff, you gotta do what you gotta do i guess.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:25 AM
lyndsey823

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
yes, "Tramp Stamps." still in demand.
ah yes, the tramp stamp. i am guilty of having one. one of the few instances where i should have listened to my mom!!
Old 03-07-2009, 03:43 AM
County Mike

There's nothing wrong with a tattoo on the lower back. It's just a matter of WHAT you put there. Some dude's name is a BAD idea. "Flavor of the Week" might be even worse.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:45 AM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
There's nothing wrong with a tattoo on the lower back. It's just a matter of WHAT you put there. Some dude's name is a BAD idea. "Flavor of the Week" might be even worse.
lol,,that pretty much covers what i was thinking,,
Old 03-07-2009, 04:05 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndsey823
ah yes, the tramp stamp. i am guilty of having one. one of the few instances where i should have listened to my mom!!
tramp stamps are nice. what's wrong with yours?
Old 03-07-2009, 04:05 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer

My lower back tat says "Hair beyond this point"
Old 03-07-2009, 04:06 AM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer
My lower back tat says "Hair beyond this point"
Are you the guy that wrote the gum article????