Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 02-24-2011, 07:19 PM
BamaGrits84

Default Gay Marriage Topic Turned Soap Box

I'm going to comment assuming everyone already knows about Obama's call to just stop defending the federal law that banned gay marriage because it is undefendable. I'm not legal expert, but how can a current law just all of a sudden be undefendable? It is still the law and therefore anyone or state that acts against it is in fact breaking federal law correct? Unless this law itself has been overturned, and as far as I know is has not been YET, how is it undefendable? I think Flo was right, we have a dictator, but this one instead of control by force wants to control by catering to anyone who cries foul and forcing it on the rest of us. I really just don't understand how or why it is the majority of America can oppose things like gay marraige and the current healthcare reform act then the jack @sses in Washington just keep forcing it on us?! You know what is wrong with our nation - to many people are self centered. "If it is not good for me it is unfair." Unfair is when the majority of people get screwed over by a handful of people! I'm sick of our government. I wish we could just run off state government and leave a federal national security ONLY. Each state pays per capita into the military funding. The meanest, balliest, person who fears no one but God get control of the military. The end. If you don't like the laws in your state move to another one, but don't try to change the ones you are in except by voting for a person who supports your ideas. If the majority of the people in your state don't agree with you find a state where people do. If you complain about it you sit in jail until you decide which state suits you then we give you a bus ticket and a DO NOT COME BACK stamp on your passport.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:41 PM
CAVEMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
I'm going to comment assuming everyone already knows about Obama's call to just stop defending the federal law that banned gay marriage because it is undefendable. I'm not legal expert, but how can a current law just all of a sudden be undefendable? It is still the law and therefore anyone or state that acts against it is in fact breaking federal law correct? Unless this law itself has been overturned, and as far as I know is has not been YET, how is it undefendable? I think Flo was right, we have a dictator, but this one instead of control by force wants to control by catering to anyone who cries foul and forcing it on the rest of us. I really just don't understand how or why it is the majority of America can oppose things like gay marraige and the current healthcare reform act then the jack @sses in Washington just keep forcing it on us?! You know what is wrong with our nation - to many people are self centered. "If it is not good for me it is unfair." Unfair is when the majority of people get screwed over by a handful of people! I'm sick of our government. I wish we could just run off state government and leave a federal national security ONLY. Each state pays per capita into the military funding. The meanest, balliest, person who fears no one but God get control of the military. The end. If you don't like the laws in your state move to another one, but don't try to change the ones you are in except by voting for a person who supports your ideas. If the majority of the people in your state don't agree with you find a state where people do. If you complain about it you sit in jail until you decide which state suits you then we give you a bus ticket and a DO NOT COME BACK stamp on your passport.
Sounds good to me!
Old 02-24-2011, 11:37 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

This country was originally set up for each state to run its own business!
Old 02-26-2011, 03:17 PM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
I knew it would happen!

Marauding gay horde
Old 02-26-2011, 07:36 PM

I have to admit...I loves me some Onion.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:01 PM
Crisco

I really don't have the energy to be against legalizing gay marriage.

God says it's wrong and I agree with him but if the United States government wants to change its mind I don't really care.

Gay marriage being legal won't change anything anyway. To many other issues that are more pressing.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:22 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
I really don't have the energy to be against legalizing gay marriage.

God says it's wrong and I agree with him but if the United States government wants to change its mind I don't really care.

Gay marriage being legal won't change anything anyway. To many other issues that are more pressing.
What about the fact that the President has in a way by passed congress and the Senate to what in effect is make a law on his own? If he really wants DOMA repealed (Which is weaker than I like but I can live with it) he could put it up to a referendum. But he's probably afraid that most of America is against it. Although come to think about it that should be left to the states according to our Constitution!