Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-27-2011, 05:43 AM
cheachea

Default Let's talk about GSP vs Anderson Silva

GSP is awesome, but I think he will get DESTROYED if he fights Anderson Silva. I kind of feel sorry for GSP. What are your thoughts on this everyone ?
Old 02-27-2011, 12:04 PM
GnP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheachea View Post
GSP is awesome, but I think he will get DESTROYED if he fights Anderson Silva. I kind of feel sorry for GSP. What are your thoughts on this everyone ?
I couldn't disagree more, I think this is a very close fight ofcouse GSP stand a chance of getting knocked out but so does everyone who fights Anderson. However I see GSP taking him down and controlling the fight. On the feet us has to pop his jab and move against a much bigger fighter. I would preferto see this at a catch weight of 177 or there abouts
Old 02-27-2011, 01:35 PM
Rev

Gsp will get beat. Will he make it last a few min? Yeah, with wrestling. But he will get beat.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:32 PM
rearnakedchoke

i think gsp takes him down and possibly stops him ... he is going to put on some weight and gsp isn't going to put on fat ... he is already strong ... gsp has better ground and pound than chael and better sub defense ....
Old 02-28-2011, 03:03 AM
Chuck

GSP is easily one of the best P4P fighters in the world and arguably the best. I think it's ridiculous to say Anderson would destroy him. Beat him? Sure. But fighters at GSP's level don't get destroyed. IMO.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:20 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

I think Anderson will win! I just hope its with a KO or sub. The main concern is I wonder if either fighter will want to aggressively engage or just counter fight.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:52 PM
Rev

I feel like Anderson will have to come forward more, because we all know that GSP aint gonna. AS is a counter fighter and a counter fighter vs GSP =BORING
Lets just hope something happens to them and they decide to come to fight.
If both show up ready to lay it on the line, I will admit, it could go either way but I still feel like AS has the advantage.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:03 PM
County Mike

I think GSP has a fair chance of winning that fight. If he adds size correctly, he could do a very similar job as Chael.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:59 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
I think GSP has a fair chance of winning that fight. If he adds size correctly, he could do a very similar job as Chael.
Agreed. GSP has the skills and the camp to beat Anderson he just needs to gain the size properly.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:06 PM

This is one of those fights where I honestly dont know who would win. I like both Fighters but since GSP would be the underdog I guess I Think it would be more impressive if he wins.