Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 02-28-2011, 01:53 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 6,004
Default

apparently Belfort has called out Bisping, but i can't find any article about it.
I'd love to see that.
Bisping was talking crap while the ref was checking on Rivera after the knee. that is just classless.
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-28-2011, 02:16 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
apparently Belfort has called out Bisping, but i can't find any article about it.
I'd love to see that.
Bisping was talking crap while the ref was checking on Rivera after the knee. that is just classless.
i think he twittered that he was fighting bisping at 130 ... it sounded quite official like the fight was already agreed upon
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-28-2011, 02:25 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 6,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
i think he twittered that he was fighting bisping at 130 ... it sounded quite official like the fight was already agreed upon
I just found it!

http://mmajunkie.com/news/22637/vito...el-bisping.mma
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-28-2011, 02:43 PM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Jorge takes great pride in the efforts he made to promote the fight and fully supports the pre-fight videos he used in an unprecedented manner to drive interest in UFC 127. In no way were Jorge’s remarks or videos anything more than marketing designed to take Michael Bisping out of his game.
Jorge would like his fans to know that he tried to give them the performance they deserve. He looks forward to the opportunity to step into the Octagon again fight for the UFC and his fans.
I guess you can say the same thing about the Illegal
knee.


I'm not saying I agree with Bispings knee but come on.
Fighters use to get Soccer kicked in the Head in Pride and would still comeback and win the fight. A lot of fighters have gotten kicked or kneed and the fight has been allowed to continue but the fact that it's Bisping who did it he should get fired right? LoL this is ridiculous.

To say that Hendos punch is less dangerous than Bisping's knee is just stupid.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-28-2011, 03:14 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 6,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I guess you can say the same thing about the Illegal
knee.


I'm not saying I agree with Bispings knee but come on.
Fighters use to get Soccer kicked in the Head in Pride and would still comeback and win the fight. A lot of fighters have gotten kicked or kneed and the fight has been allowed to continue but the fact that it's Bisping who did it he should get fired right? LoL this is ridiculous.
To say that Hendos punch is less dangerous than Bisping's knee is just stupid.
Poor Bisping.. I think his behavior is definitely swaying our thoughts a bit
the main point about the knee is that it's illegal in the UFC, and the nature of it was intentional. the way Jorge was postioned, having his head snapped back by that knee could have damaged his neck. Bisping had him in a clinch where his vision was completely unobstructed.
If you watch the clip when Bisping walks back to his corner he can be seen flipping off Rivera's cornermen. it's hard to defend that.
I thought the Hendo shot was uncalled for too, but it wasn't illegal.

Much like the Penn vs Fitch decision this stuff can be debated for months and it won't change anything
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 02-28-2011, 03:48 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I guess you can say the same thing about the Illegal
knee.


I'm not saying I agree with Bispings knee but come on.
Fighters use to get Soccer kicked in the Head in Pride and would still comeback and win the fight. A lot of fighters have gotten kicked or kneed and the fight has been allowed to continue but the fact that it's Bisping who did it he should get fired right? LoL this is ridiculous.

To say that Hendos punch is less dangerous than Bisping's knee is just stupid.
in pride you knew you were getting kicked in the head .. because of the rules, jorge was in a position that he should have expected a knee, maybe a punch .. he was working to get up, probably felt bisping's hands on his head and wasn't ready for a strike as the only legal weapons were on his head ... the fight should have been stopped and a dq given ..
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-28-2011, 04:00 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
Rivera got what he deserved for talking all the s^!/ he did. I agree Michael Shouldn't have spit on the stupid conner men but they asked for it.


what was this suppose to mean?

I'm so Happy for Michael Finishing this Chump!
Rivera talked a lot of crap about Bisping on youtube, and interviews he straight disrespected him and I can't say I blame Bisping for what he did.. I have that same temperament..
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-28-2011, 04:42 PM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

I think what really bothers everyone is the fact that once again Bisping won. Not just that but he stopped this guy and people love calling him out for not finishing fights and having pillows for hands. It reminds me of Floyd were people just hate him simply to be on the Hate Floyd bandwagon.The outrage here is simply the hate and dislike towards Bisping, and not really that he hit Rivera with an Illegal knee.



War Bisping!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02-28-2011, 04:50 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 6,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I think what really bothers everyone is the fact that once again Bisping won. Not just that but he stopped this guy and people love calling him out for not finishing fights and having pillows for hands. It reminds me of Floyd were people just hate him simply to be on the Hate Floyd bandwagon.The outrage here is simply the hate and dislike towards Bisping, and not really that he hit Rivera with an Illegal knee.

War Bisping!
just because you say it doesn't make it true.

I liked the way Bisping was keeping his cool going into the fight. At the weigh ins I thought a little "now it's time to back it up punch" talk from Bisping was warranted and I looked forward to a good fight.
The illegal knee and the way he acted afterwards is what bothered me.
Jorge did all of his crap talking with a sense of "look at me pushing Bisping's buttons".

I think he's a good fighter. I like watching him fight.
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 02-28-2011, 04:54 PM
GnP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I think what really bothers everyone is the fact that once again Bisping won. Not just that but he stopped this guy and people love calling him out for not finishing fights and having pillows for hands. It reminds me of Floyd were people just hate him simply to be on the Hate Floyd bandwagon.The outrage here is simply the hate and dislike towards Bisping, and not really that he hit Rivera with an Illegal knee.



War Bisping!

+1
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.