Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-27-2011, 07:22 PM
rearnakedchoke

bisping with the intentional illegal knee .. still don't know why they allowed the fight to go on after that ...

and spitting was stupid ... bisping talks so much garbage and had the tides turned in this fight with rivera doing the talking ... still, bisping without a win over a top ten fighter ...
Old 02-28-2011, 01:38 AM

The knee was tough on Jorge but I don't think it was on purpose.

I am a little disapointed that Bisping didn't take the insults better - he does know how to dish it out.

But things can get to you and I can appreciate that he was very emotional and therefore lost it. I'd want to hurt that cornerman badly!

I am glad he apoligised though.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:39 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Miguel Torres had a great tweet last night: "Wow, so Bisping learned how to wrestle, and cheat. Guess Pride isn't dead after all."

Seriously, Bisping is a bigger heel than Chael & Brock could ever be, combined. There is no way that he could have thought that was legit knee, he walked straight over to Jorge's corner & told them "He's a pussy", then celebrated to the crowd as the doctors checked on Jorge. After the fight, he runs ver, spits into the corner again, runs back to Jorge who is surrounded by staff & starts yelling at him again, refusing to accept Jorge's congratulations. When Brock did that to Frank Mir, the world was up in arms about what a horrible man he was.

I cannot stand Bisping and it posses me off that because Jorge felt obligated to the fans, he contiued a fight that should have be stopped.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:27 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Michael Bisping’s conduct in the Octagon at UFC 127 was unconscionable, unprofessional, and smacks of a man with no morals or character. During the first round of their fight, Jorge Rivera had BOTH knees on the canvas when Bisping stopped, sized Jorge up, and delivered a massive knee to a vulnerable and downed opponent. This knee was illegal and clearly intentional. The rules that govern the sport are in place to protect the health and well being of the fighters. Bisping blatantly broke these rules and there has to be accountability. A professional fighter knows when to pull the trigger on a strike and when not to, so for Bisping to say he did not intend to throw the knee is disingenuous.
Bisping’s conduct after he was awarded the TKO is not acceptable. Taunting and spitting at and on Jorge’s coach Matt Phinney is the deplorable conduct of a school yard bully. Like all bullies Mr. Bisping needs to be punished. In this instance it would be appropriate if Bisping is fined and suspended by the athletic commission and/or the UFC.
Jorge Rivera could have decided to not continue fighting and walked away with the win because he was clearly dazed and not himself. Instead he took the warriors path and fought on. Jorge is to be commended for his toughness and desire to give the fans the fight they paid to see. Jorge takes great pride in the efforts he made to promote the fight and fully supports the pre-fight videos he used in an unprecedented manner to drive interest in UFC 127. In no way were Jorge’s remarks or videos anything more than marketing designed to take Michael Bisping out of his game.
Jorge would like his fans to know that he tried to give them the performance they deserve. He looks forward to the opportunity to step into the Octagon again fight for the UFC and his fans.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:13 PM
County Mike

Some people say they don't think the knee made a difference in the fight. I disagree 100%. If anyone takes a knee smash like that, they are NOT back to normal after a few minutes. It might take days before they're able to really focus and put forth 100% of effort again. Just because Jorge showed some aggressiveness after the knee does not mean he wasn't affected by it.

Really, the ref should have stopped the fight and awarded the win to Jorge. Asking the fighter if he wants to continue is completely unfair. Of course, he's going to say "yes". The one point deduction means nothing when the illegal act leads to the eventual fight stoppage and victory for the cheater.

Instead of taking a point away, Jorge should be allowed one free knee smash to Bisping's head. Then let the fight resume on equal grounds.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:13 PM
GnP

The knee was wrong although I am not 100% it was intentional however no one complained when hendo smashed Bisping when he was clealy KO'd and admitted it was intentional that is every bit as dangerous, everyone seemed to think it was fine as Bisping had mouthed off do deserved it. What's the difference?
Old 02-28-2011, 01:15 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnP View Post
The knee was wrong although I am not 100% it was intentional however no one complained when hendo smashed Bisping when he was clealy KO'd and admitted it was intentional that is every bit as dangerous, everyone seemed to think it was fine as Bisping had mouthed off do deserved it. What's the difference?
Nobody is saying what Hendo did was right. However, it clearly didn't affect the outcome of the fight since it was already over. The illegal knee affected the rest of the fight and gave Bisping an advantage towards winning it.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:15 PM
GnP

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Nobody is saying what Hendo did was right. However, it clearly didn't affect the outcome of the fight since it was already over. The illegal knee affected the rest of the fight and gave Bisping an advantage towards winning it.

Come on most on were celebrating it let alone condeming it. I agree the knee affected the fight although I think Bisping wins that fight everytime knee or no knee. Jorge is a veteran though if he felt dazed say he can't fight on and Bisping is disqualified it's not like he is rookie who does jot know how to play the game
Old 02-28-2011, 02:20 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/2/27/20...as-intentional

Quote:
"That knee was deliberate, and I'll tell you exactly how I know this, I went to sweep him, and first of all, I want to say that he was at the press conference talking about how he's the better fighter, he's got better jiu-jitsu, better wrestling, but he takes me down, fine. I go to sweep him and he holds on to the fence. He holds on to the fence the whole time. ...And then, within 30 or 40 seconds of doing that, he knees me [illegally] in the head. I'm on all fours, he winds up and knees me in the head. Then he puts his hands up, walks over to my corner and says, 'He's the p-ssy.' Now if that wasn't deliberate, I don't know what the f-ck is. ... I promoted the hell out of this fight, I talked a lot of sh-t about this fight, I talked a lot of sh-t about him, and it's my job as a professional to go out there and do what I do. ... You've seen all the videos. Did I ever mention one thing about this man's family in any way shape or form? We're all fairly educated, right? Show me where I did that. Just show me where I did that, and then he'll get his apology. But I'm not a classless piece of sh-t like he is, so I would never f-cking do that."
We heard from Michael Bisping and we heard from Jorge Rivera's management team but now we finally hear from the man who took the knee directly to the dome, Mr. "El Conquistador" himself. A lot of questions have been raised since the clearly illegal strike "The Count" landed in the middle of the first round. Was it incidental? Was it simply a heat of the moment occurrence? Did he do it on purpose? Was he trying to get even for all the inflammatory videos that went so viral in the lead-up to the fight? Bisping claimed he just got caught up in the ebb and flow of the fight and let it fly, simply stating it was an attempt to time it properly as Rivera was standing up, hence leaving him nearly defenseless against it. The 39 year-old Massachusetts native is calling ***** however, and says he knows it was deliberate because the cocky Brit walked over to his corner and called him a ***** directly after. He was also riling up the crowd while Rivera was still down being attended to by ringside physicians. When asked if he was able to continue, the former Ultimate Fighter contestant was all go and no quit. He knew his *** was on the line for all the checks his mouth had been writing in building up the co-main event contest. It certainly didn't help his cause, as he was disposed of rather easily in the second round, but not before doing what he could to back up his big talk. And as for the apology Bisping asked for after the fight, well, he's not likely to get that anytime soon. Now we turn the floor over to you, Maniacs, and ask you this simple question, Howie Mandel style -- deliberate or not deliberate?
Old 02-28-2011, 02:33 PM
County Mike

It was the most obviously deliberate illegal strike I've seen in the UFC, except for that dude who punched Koschek after the fight was over.