Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-17-2011, 05:25 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krupp View Post
I don't know why but I feel like Cro Cop/Gonzaga should be higher. Frankly that fight had me literally silent.
I saw that live
Old 02-17-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Seriously, a U.S. karate champ vs. a barbecue brawler, whatever.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Not me. Every single one of Matt's losses has left me dead silent. Typically goes from yelling & cheering to dead silent to leaving before I murder someone. I don't know how I managed to sit through the whole of Rampage/Machida after Matt lost in Detroit.
It makes me feel sick. If they show reruns of any of his losses, I turn it off, can't watch them.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:44 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
It makes me feel sick. If they show reruns of any of his losses, I turn it off, can't watch them.
Yup, me too! Back when I was analyzing fights for the UFC, I was assigned UFC 65. Hardest thing I've ever had to to, watching & re-watching that loss & working up the stats on it.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:09 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
I cry when he loses. Literally then I get in a horrible mood. It's the worst feeling.
I am glad I am not the only one.

After 123.. I didn't speak until Machida came out.. and then I was still "grrrrrr... leave me alone".. I wasn't much fun on the way home that night.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:16 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
I am glad I am not the only one.

After 123.. I didn't speak until Machida came out.. and then I was still "grrrrrr... leave me alone".. I wasn't much fun on the way home that night.
You no fun? Never!! haha!! I hated that fight.. Really I did. I am NO fun at all when my fighters lose especially my top 3... I especially hate when people tell me to calm down that it's only a fight I go off like a firecracker!!!!!I am very un-lady like I start cursing like a pirate..
Old 02-17-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
I don't know why but I feel like Cro Cop/Gonzaga should be higher. Frankly that fight had me literally silent. No fight before that had ever made me speechless after watching it. Even when Serra beat GSP I was cheering and clapping my hands.
Even Herb Dean was stunned. Remember how he put his hand up to the side of his face in horror when he saw the angle of Mirko's foot?
Old 02-17-2011, 07:20 PM
billwilliams70

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Even Herb Dean was stunned. Remember how he put his hand up to the side of his face in horror when he saw the angle of Mirko's foot?
Yes, I do remember that.

Regarding any of Matt's fights....I was most stunned when he lost recently to BJ Penn. But the Thiago Alves fight was pretty stunning too.

Later.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:29 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

I was live for the Thiago Alves one too...it was like everyone had got as excited as they could...Boomer was next to me bouncing up and down...and then he just dropped into his chair and said "oh no" you could see him deflate like a balloon

Personally, I think that Hughes/Penn (the first one) is the biggest upset of all time, because Hughes was in his first Reign, he had plowed through everyone...and BJ Penn was pretty much a platea. He'd been tooted as one of the best up and comers...but couldnt beat Pulver, nor Uno for the title at Lightweight...and got the Welterweight showdown as a gift from the management.

Noone expected him to win.

I think after that Jens/Penn 1 is the second biggest...for almost the same reasons reversed. BJ Penn was the unstoppable up and comer, and he just seemed destined to win...even two rounds into the fight he seamed destined to win. It was a suprise that Jens managed to defend his Title.

After that its got to be the first BJ Penn Frankie Edgar fight...again, for very similar reasons as number one. Penn was indestructable at Lightweight after the division reformed...he not only beat everyone, but he finished them all, in one of the best divisions. His pure skill was simply unmatched...he toyed with them and then destroyed them...and then Frankie Edgar...who isnt even someone special...caught Penn...Twice?? unheard of...absolutely unheard of.

Then I would put the Gonzaga/Crocop fight...coz it was so shocking, all of us present though Mirko had been killed or something. It was also bitterly ironic because of the trademark move that crocop likes to use.

After that...maybe the Lauzon/Pulver match. The returning Champion, and the tin can that turned out to be a right can of beans...I remember that because that was one of the first events I stayed up for. I was talking to Miss Jenn at the time...we spoke for hours after that coz I was litterally inconsolable...I hadnt cried so much in years
Old 02-17-2011, 09:17 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
I don't know why but I feel like Cro Cop/Gonzaga should be higher. Frankly that fight had me literally silent.
I remember that too. Buffalo Wild Wing in Live Oak, TX was packed that Thursday night. When that kick landed, the place exploded like a bomb had dropped. Killer!

Quote:
No fight before that had ever made me speechless after watching it. Even when Serra beat GSP I was cheering and clapping my hands.
LOL, same with this one. I was at Buffalo Wild Wings in Live Oak with my mom and sister who came from Missouri to visit that weekend. My mom watches a little and so does my sister so they knew GSP. When GSP got hit and running around like a wild man, everybody was laughing at GSP for letting Serra clown him like that.