Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-21-2011, 06:59 PM
Miss Foxy

Default Dana on Rampage vs Evans II

http://www.fightofthenight.com/news/...evans-rematch/

When Quinton Jackson suddenly became in need of a new opponent for UFC 130 recently, the rumor mill quickly threw out Rashad Evans name as the likely replacement.

In the end it was Matt Hamill who was called up instead, and from the sounds of things UFC president Dana White wasn’t exactly in a hurry to put on Ramapage Vs Evans 2.

“Talking’s fun before the fight, but if you do all this talking and then you go in there and don’t fight, who wants to see that sh*t again?” stated White in a new interview with USA Today. “Rampage-Rashad, the f*ckin’ snoozefest? I don’t want to see that f*ckin’ fight again.”
According to White, Rampage Vs Hamill should produce a better end product for the fans.

“Matt Hamill and Rampage might not talk a bunch of (crap) about each other before the fight, but when have you not seen Matt Hamill fight? Matt Hamill’s going to go in there and try to beat him.”It’s an interesting assessment from the UFC head honcho. Certainly Rampage Vs Evans didn’t produce the fireworks people had been hoping for, but it did do big business, with over a million pay-per-view buys sold thanks to the pre-fight hype.

Rampage Vs Hamill will definitely not do anything like those sort of numbers, but on this occasion it seems White is placing more value on the fans entertainment rather than purely on profits.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:59 PM
Miss Foxy

Exactly!! He's giving us what we want and that's a fight..
Old 02-21-2011, 07:54 PM

I didnt think it was that bad a fight
Old 02-21-2011, 07:56 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion View Post
I didnt think it was that bad a fight
I don't think it was horribly bad, but for all the talk it wasn't that exciting..
Old 02-21-2011, 08:00 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
I don't think it was horribly bad, but for all the talk it wasn't that exciting..
Agreed. It like if you hear that this new steakhouse is the greatest place that has ever existed, but when you eat there, it's only on par with Shoney's, the hyp emakes it taste that much worse.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:19 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

LOL, one thing Dana does well is attempt to put together the most interesting fights for the fans.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:20 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
LOL, one thing Dana does well is attempt to put together the most interesting fights for the fans.
Word!! One thing though is he needs to throw gsp out there!! That's what the fans want... I'm hungry like a wolf for that!!!!!!
Old 02-21-2011, 08:24 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Word!! One thing though is he needs to throw gsp out there!! That's what the fans want... I'm hungry like a wolf for that!!!!!!
Well, Shields deserves the shot. He's been the best WW for many many years to never fight in the UFC.

I truly hope that GSP/Silva gets made this year and it would probably be held at the Dallas Cowboys Stadium...I'd get tickets for sure!
Old 02-21-2011, 09:44 PM
CAVEMAN

I don't know about this one........the Hamill/Rampage fight could end up back firing too!