Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 02-13-2011, 09:49 PM

Doctors are human and they do make mistakes, but I do feel like God uses them to save lives and I see God's hand at work with all these medicines they have discovered over the years for things like polio, measles, small pox, cancer, etc... These can be tools that God uses to do His will also. IMHO

She should put her faith in God that His will will be done for her and her unborn babies whatever that is. And I think that's what each of us should be praying for her and her babies....and we should also be praying for that pastor, Chuck Smith.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:02 AM
bradwright

God in no way shape or form interferes with what happens on earth..he just lets the chips fall where they may,to believe otherwise is just wishful thinking.
and if you really do think he does control things then explain Adam and Eve to me...or Jeffrey Dahmer...or Paul Bernardo..or Clifford Olson...or Gerard John Schaefer...or John Wayne Gacy.

when it comes to this situation i personally believe she did the right thing
when it was obvious that neither mother or child had much of a chance of survival if she didn't abort the baby.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
God in no way shape or form interferes with what happens on earth..he just lets the chips fall where they may,to believe otherwise is just wishful thinking.
and if you really do think he does control things then explain Adam and Eve to me...or Jeffrey Dahmer...or Paul Bernardo..or Clifford Olson...or Gerard John Schaefer...or John Wayne Gacy.

when it was obvious that neither mother or child had much of a chance of survival if she didn't abort the baby.

this is the definition of relativistic humanism

a belief in one's self as right, with no standard other than personal OPINION

my opinion doesn't matter it is the Creator's opinion that matters, His opinion is disclosed via His Holy Word
Old 02-14-2011, 01:33 AM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
this is the definition of relativistic humanism

a belief in one's self as right, with no standard other than personal OPINION

my opinion doesn't matter it is the Creator's opinion that matters, His opinion is disclosed via His Holy Word
so you have no explanation then....didn't think so.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:37 PM
Crisco

I call this self defense.

If a plague victum was running at you for help and was trying to give you a nice big hug would you pull the trigger?
Old 02-14-2011, 04:52 PM

I didn't hear the woman say she was going to get an abortion; she said the doctors were advising her to abort because there is little to no hope it will survive even if it is born. The doctors are going by what they see and their experience and they very well may be right in their assessment; only God knows for sure at this point what will happen. I don't think she said how far along she is?

If something starts happening to the baby where they need to go in and take it to try to save it and the mother, I think they should.

Amy might be able to tell us more about situations like this.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:43 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Or, leave it in GOD's hands and ask that His Will will be done regardless of the outcome. That's called faith.
Then why do anything? Why keep in good shape and take care of ourselves? why get a job? why join the military? if God has a plan for everything, should we have faith and not worry? if we can't change things, why put in the effort?
Old 02-15-2011, 01:36 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post

AdamT is right, this is nothing but humanistic nonsense. Just because we can't understand GOD's actions doesn't mean that they have no explanation or that GOD has no control. To expect to be able to comprehend an infinite GOD with our corrupted, finite minds is impossible. Just because GOD allows evil to prevail in this evil world, doesn't mean that He is not in control.

As for the examples of murderers that you listed, I've explained that before. We, as a human race, are corrupted, evil and hopeless without GOD.

We demand to live our own lives the way we want to live them without GOD's intervention; so in His mercy, GOD allows us to do that and we suffer the consequences of that decision everyday. That still doesn't mean that GOD is not in control.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:38 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
I call this self defense.

If a plague victum was running at you for help and was trying to give you a nice big hug would you pull the trigger?
That's a stupid comparison. The child is not maliciously trying to kill the mother and is doing nothing to intentionally harm her.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:42 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
Then why do anything? Why keep in good shape and take care of ourselves? why get a job? why join the military? if God has a plan for everything, should we have faith and not worry? if we can't change things, why put in the effort?
That's a good question, but it can't really be explained easily on an online forum. I can just speak from experience in my life that prayer and walking forward in faith has worked miracles in my life. The simple fact that I'm here, working for Matt Hughes and living in Hillsboro, IL are proof of that.

I can only encourage you to test GOD out on this. Put your life in His hands, seek His guidance and read your Bible. GOD will reveal His Will to you if you put your faith in Him.