Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 02-12-2011, 01:02 PM

Default chuck smith condones abortion....

i have never listened to chuck smith til i came across this clip....

what do yall think

it made me mad.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr1yPfM-8tg
Old 02-12-2011, 01:37 PM
Crisco

I agree with him.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
i have never listened to chuck smith til i came across this clip....

what do yall think

it made me mad.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr1yPfM-8tg
He's no Christian, that much is clear.

Chuck Smith: "I'm sure the LORD would not condemn her."

Of course, the LORD would condemn her for murdering her child, based on the opinions of human doctors, rather than having faith in Him! This man clearly has no faith in GOD and the fact that he is using his radio platform to subvert this woman's faith in GOD is nothing short of Satanic.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:38 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post

Of course, the LORD would condemn her for murdering her child, based on the opinions of human doctors, rather than having faith in Him! This man clearly has no faith in GOD and the fact that he is using his radio platform to subvert this woman's faith in GOD is nothing short of Satanic.
Condemn yes....but also forgive.

God is quite clearly able to work with Murderers...his Son was born into a Royal Lineage, the pinnicle of which saw a King who was both an adultorer and a Murderer

What I dislike about the clip is that the Mother comes to the church for advise...and the priest suggests abortion...that is completely wrong! what is the point in killing the child if it will likely die in utero? let it die naturally, at least you have a hope and a chance that it might survive...their is always hope.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post

i agree

the lack of reverence for God is terrible today. In two ways, the respect and fear we SHOW him and the respect and fear we actually have for his power.

we take His name in vain like it means nothing, in Christ's time people were stoned for less, were they legalistic then..... yes, but at least they had a reverence for God

we rationalize everything we want..... using our own fallible intellect.... to the point of condoning abortion, homosexuality, adultery, etc....
Old 02-12-2011, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
I agree with him.
so does Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post

God is quite clearly able to work with Murderers...his Son was born into a Royal Lineage, the pinnicle of which saw a King who was both an adultorer and a Murderer

What I dislike about the clip is that the Mother comes to the church for advise...and the priest suggests abortion...that is completely wrong! what is the point in killing the child if it will likely die in utero? let it die naturally, at least you have a hope and a chance that it might survive...their is always hope.
forgive yes, but also consequences

God was quite clear that David's son with bathsheba died because of his sin and that he couldn't build the temple because of his killings

there are numerous children that are supposed to die in utero..... tubal pregnancies, low amniotic fluid, but it is God's decision

i've always wondered if I gave a lady a baby,I mean forced her at gunpoint to take my baby, if she didn't want it would it be okay for her to kill it?

isn't that the logic behind allowing abortions in rape cases?
Old 02-12-2011, 05:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:

To put our faith in doctors and modern medicine ahead of GOD is a sin. Period. If we don't put our faith in GOD above all to the point of entrusting our very lives and our children's live into His Hands, then we are sinning.

This woman is obviously having a moment of doubt and this Satanic preacher is taking advantage of her weakness and trying to convince her to kill her baby.

So, yes, GOD can forgive. But we shouldn't sin with the attitude of "Oh GOD's going to forgive me anyway, so it's okay." We need to try to discourage fellow Christians from sinning.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:36 PM
Crisco

K. So leave her 2 yr old baby and husband to fend for themselves while both she and the child die during birth or in the course there of.

This is hardly murder.

Your wasting lives for no reason. The survival of the child is not even in question. It will not live... Where is the sense in depriving her husband and daughter of a wife and mother?
Old 02-12-2011, 06:37 PM
Crisco

Quote:

It is because the child is a threat to the mothers life it's not simply a question of whether the child will live or die there are other lives in the balance.. There is a very strong possibility the mother will die if carried to term.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
It is because the child is a threat to the mothers life it's not simply a question of whether the child will live or die there are other lives in the balance.. There is a very strong possibility the mother will die if carried to term. <---- EPIC FAIL
how many children have you given birth to, or at least witnessed?

what kind of doctor are you exactly?

and don't you claim to be a christian? exactly where does God fit into this equation for you? God decides who dies not you. You are condemning God for killing the mother when it is His choice to or not to, then you, who have no right to take life will flippantly take the baby's life.

It is God's life to take, not yours or hers.

with this exact same logic i can kill ANYONE i want under the pretense of saving lives, meaning i could kill chuck smith and save countless babies' lives from abortion..... absurd? yes, but the exact same logic