Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 02-09-2011, 12:58 AM
bj44's Avatar
bj44 bj44 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
We have seen wrestlers dominate the masters of bjj.. Black belts and wait.. Gracies?!! Anything is possible..That's the beauty of it..
i like how people make it seem like chael just got caught and it wouldnt possibly happen again... He gets caught every single time he faces anyone with a good guard... From babalu to filho to Anderson etc... The guy has terrible submisssion defense!!!! It a miracle he lasted as long as he did with anderson without getting subbed.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02-09-2011, 02:03 AM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
haha yep


go bj!!!!
A deals a deal viva Lesnar!!!
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-09-2011, 04:53 AM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
i like how people make it seem like chael just got caught and it wouldnt possibly happen again... He gets caught every single time he faces anyone with a good guard... From babalu to filho to Anderson etc... The guy has terrible submisssion defense!!!! It a miracle he lasted as long as he did with anderson without getting subbed.
lol, actually most of his loses came by armbar or triangle choke, Silva beat him with both..

Reminds me of Trigg, guess Foxy loves him too...
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-09-2011, 05:18 AM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
i like how people make it seem like chael just got caught and it wouldnt possibly happen again... He gets caught every single time he faces anyone with a good guard... From babalu to filho to Anderson etc... The guy has terrible submisssion defense!!!! It a miracle he lasted as long as he did with anderson without getting subbed.
I think for the majority of the fight Anderson was too busy getting his ass handed to him to even try a sub.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-09-2011, 05:55 AM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I think for the majority of the fight Anderson was too busy getting his ass handed to him to even try a sub.
Thank You Chuck
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02-09-2011, 09:36 AM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I think for the majority of the fight Anderson was too busy getting his ass handed to him to even try a sub.
Actually he tried to sub him a few times throughout the fight. Other times he threw it out there to test whether it was the right time or not.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02-09-2011, 12:55 PM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Actually he tried to sub him a few times throughout the fight. Other times he threw it out there to test whether it was the right time or not.
This is just my opinion brother but I would say ANY time a guy pummels you for 4.5 rounds is the right time.

Anderson never gave up, kept trying and ultimately found a way to win... he deserves credit for that. BUT... it's not like getting his ass kicked for 22 straight minutes was part of his master plan. Chael, love him or hate him, won every single round and dominated Anderson in a way we haven't seen in years. He deserves credit as well.

What baffles me are the people who criticize GSP for "not trying to finish fights" and DON'T give credit to Chael for his performance. He did exactly what they cry out for... he tried to finish the fight. He could have stalled or danced the last 2 rounds and won but he didn't.

If I can look past my hatred for the Diaz brothers and recognize what they do INSIDE the Octagon I just don't understand why some of you Chael haters can't do the same.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02-09-2011, 01:38 PM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
This is just my opinion brother but I would say ANY time a guy pummels you for 4.5 rounds is the right time.

Anderson never gave up, kept trying and ultimately found a way to win... he deserves credit for that. BUT... it's not like getting his ass kicked for 22 straight minutes was part of his master plan. Chael, love him or hate him, won every single round and dominated Anderson in a way we haven't seen in years. He deserves credit as well.

What baffles me are the people who criticize GSP for "not trying to finish fights" and DON'T give credit to Chael for his performance. He did exactly what they cry out for... he tried to finish the fight. He could have stalled or danced the last 2 rounds and won but he didn't.

If I can look past my hatred for the Diaz brothers and recognize what they do INSIDE the Octagon I just don't understand why some of you Chael haters can't do the same.
I give credit for Chael bringing the house, problem is he forgot to close the door for the 12th time and Silva walked right on through. Thats pretty much where I am making fun of him at. His inability to defend against a hold he has lost to a half a dozen times.

Chaels activity on the ground was nothing more then a cheap ploy to keep it on the ground, 75% of the punches he threw had very little on them, he was not going for the finish but trying to pad the numbers. Besides who has he finished in the UFC, nobody, well how about in WEC, once again nobody.

In the end why should he get a rematch with Silva, its not like it was controversy surrounding the match, fans really aren't demanding it, an lets face Sonnen hasn't beaten anybody to get it.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 02-09-2011, 02:03 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
This is just my opinion brother but I would say ANY time a guy pummels you for 4.5 rounds is the right time.

Anderson never gave up, kept trying and ultimately found a way to win... he deserves credit for that. BUT... it's not like getting his ass kicked for 22 straight minutes was part of his master plan. Chael, love him or hate him, won every single round and dominated Anderson in a way we haven't seen in years. He deserves credit as well.

What baffles me are the people who criticize GSP for "not trying to finish fights" and DON'T give credit to Chael for his performance. He did exactly what they cry out for... he tried to finish the fight. He could have stalled or danced the last 2 rounds and won but he didn't.

If I can look past my hatred for the Diaz brothers and recognize what they do INSIDE the Octagon I just don't understand why some of you Chael haters can't do the same.
Chael brought every hater he has on himself, and he did it on purpose. I am a huge fan of Anderson, and I love to hate on Chael for his nonsense but I have always given Chael credit for what he was able to do in that fight (even if he did do it with 4 times the legal amount of testosterone in his system and that is not subjective, it's a fact). However, it's Silva-haters/Chael-nuthuggers who CONSTANTLY blow what happened in that fight out of proportion. I mean, seriously, how can so many people treat Sonnen like MMA royalty when his only real accomplishment is a great performance in a fight that he lost?

I also don't get why people keep saying Sonnen deserves credit for trying to finish the fight rather than stalling the last 2 minutes. He was using a mixture of stalling and attacking the entire fight. Throwing little dinky pitter-patter shots isn't effective striking. It's doing enough to keep the fight from getting stood up. He knew he couldn't just lay on Silva, because Anderson kept attacking from the bottom and the ref would have just stood them up. I doubt he wanted to take his chances and give Silva the opportunity to stalk him on the feet for the last 2 minutes while he backpedaled, so Sonnen did the only thing he could do.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 02-09-2011, 02:37 PM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

OMG
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.