Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-09-2011, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
We have seen wrestlers dominate the masters of bjj.. Black belts and wait.. Gracies?!! Anything is possible..That's the beauty of it..
i like how people make it seem like chael just got caught and it wouldnt possibly happen again... He gets caught every single time he faces anyone with a good guard... From babalu to filho to Anderson etc... The guy has terrible submisssion defense!!!! It a miracle he lasted as long as he did with anderson without getting subbed.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:03 AM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
haha yep

go bj!!!!
A deals a deal viva Lesnar!!!
Old 02-09-2011, 04:53 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
i like how people make it seem like chael just got caught and it wouldnt possibly happen again... He gets caught every single time he faces anyone with a good guard... From babalu to filho to Anderson etc... The guy has terrible submisssion defense!!!! It a miracle he lasted as long as he did with anderson without getting subbed.
lol, actually most of his loses came by armbar or triangle choke, Silva beat him with both..

Reminds me of Trigg, guess Foxy loves him too...
Old 02-09-2011, 05:18 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
I think for the majority of the fight Anderson was too busy getting his ass handed to him to even try a sub.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I think for the majority of the fight Anderson was too busy getting his ass handed to him to even try a sub.
Thank You Chuck
Old 02-09-2011, 09:36 AM
logrus

Quote:
Actually he tried to sub him a few times throughout the fight. Other times he threw it out there to test whether it was the right time or not.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:55 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Actually he tried to sub him a few times throughout the fight. Other times he threw it out there to test whether it was the right time or not.
This is just my opinion brother but I would say ANY time a guy pummels you for 4.5 rounds is the right time.

Anderson never gave up, kept trying and ultimately found a way to win... he deserves credit for that. BUT... it's not like getting his ass kicked for 22 straight minutes was part of his master plan. Chael, love him or hate him, won every single round and dominated Anderson in a way we haven't seen in years. He deserves credit as well.

What baffles me are the people who criticize GSP for "not trying to finish fights" and DON'T give credit to Chael for his performance. He did exactly what they cry out for... he tried to finish the fight. He could have stalled or danced the last 2 rounds and won but he didn't.

If I can look past my hatred for the Diaz brothers and recognize what they do INSIDE the Octagon I just don't understand why some of you Chael haters can't do the same.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:38 PM
logrus

Quote:
This is just my opinion brother but I would say ANY time a guy pummels you for 4.5 rounds is the right time.

Anderson never gave up, kept trying and ultimately found a way to win... he deserves credit for that. BUT... it's not like getting his ass kicked for 22 straight minutes was part of his master plan. Chael, love him or hate him, won every single round and dominated Anderson in a way we haven't seen in years. He deserves credit as well.

What baffles me are the people who criticize GSP for "not trying to finish fights" and DON'T give credit to Chael for his performance. He did exactly what they cry out for... he tried to finish the fight. He could have stalled or danced the last 2 rounds and won but he didn't.

If I can look past my hatred for the Diaz brothers and recognize what they do INSIDE the Octagon I just don't understand why some of you Chael haters can't do the same.
I give credit for Chael bringing the house, problem is he forgot to close the door for the 12th time and Silva walked right on through. Thats pretty much where I am making fun of him at. His inability to defend against a hold he has lost to a half a dozen times.

Chaels activity on the ground was nothing more then a cheap ploy to keep it on the ground, 75% of the punches he threw had very little on them, he was not going for the finish but trying to pad the numbers. Besides who has he finished in the UFC, nobody, well how about in WEC, once again nobody.

In the end why should he get a rematch with Silva, its not like it was controversy surrounding the match, fans really aren't demanding it, an lets face Sonnen hasn't beaten anybody to get it.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:03 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:

Chael brought every hater he has on himself, and he did it on purpose. I am a huge fan of Anderson, and I love to hate on Chael for his nonsense but I have always given Chael credit for what he was able to do in that fight (even if he did do it with 4 times the legal amount of testosterone in his system and that is not subjective, it's a fact). However, it's Silva-haters/Chael-nuthuggers who CONSTANTLY blow what happened in that fight out of proportion. I mean, seriously, how can so many people treat Sonnen like MMA royalty when his only real accomplishment is a great performance in a fight that he lost?

I also don't get why people keep saying Sonnen deserves credit for trying to finish the fight rather than stalling the last 2 minutes. He was using a mixture of stalling and attacking the entire fight. Throwing little dinky pitter-patter shots isn't effective striking. It's doing enough to keep the fight from getting stood up. He knew he couldn't just lay on Silva, because Anderson kept attacking from the bottom and the ref would have just stood them up. I doubt he wanted to take his chances and give Silva the opportunity to stalk him on the feet for the last 2 minutes while he backpedaled, so Sonnen did the only thing he could do.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:37 PM

OMG