Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 02-07-2011, 04:06 PM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
I loved the lil Darth Vader commercial.
AHHH I loved that one definitely my Favorite
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-07-2011, 04:56 PM
adamt adamt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,511
Default

well the super bowl is no longer a family event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3L8Cvx7-9c


i think it is sad and deplorable that america has lost its values like it has

not to mention the millions of dollars that was spent in the name of entertainment.... like the guy who bought the seats for 75000.... i better not see another news story laying a guilt trip on me about all the starving kids in africa, or homeless people in LA..... i think it is the entertainment biz that have some splaining to do, not the rest of us
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-07-2011, 06:55 PM
DonnaMaria
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

well the afternoon class wasn't as impressed as i thought they would be with the soda commercial.

All I got was "Ms. H....did you see that guy get hit in the package wit his DRINK?!??!?!?"

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
well the super bowl is no longer a family event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3L8Cvx7-9c


i think it is sad and deplorable that america has lost its values like it has

not to mention the millions of dollars that was spent in the name of entertainment.... like the guy who bought the seats for 75000.... i better not see another news story laying a guilt trip on me about all the starving kids in africa, or homeless people in LA..... i think it is the entertainment biz that have some splaining to do, not the rest of us
It was pretty disappointment to be honest. I watched it with about 30 other people from our church and at one point our youth pastor actually stood in front of one of the TV's just to block the commercial.

Those commercials are fine at night or during certain programming but I don't think the SB should be "adult" entertainment.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-07-2011, 10:15 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is online now
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,312
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-07-2011, 10:40 PM
DonnaMaria
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
I loved the lil Darth Vader commercial.
Yep just watched that one and it was great! I loved it!!!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-07-2011, 10:43 PM
DonnaMaria
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

okay I just watched all the commercials and I STILL haven't a clue about what my preschoolers were talking about! I think they combined about 3 different ones!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-07-2011, 11:21 PM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,588
Default

I loved the Darth Vader one!

I saw a couple of pepsi ones but don't remember a guy getting hit...you know.

I liked the coke commercials.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-08-2011, 09:41 PM
DonnaMaria
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I loved the Darth Vader one!

I saw a couple of pepsi ones but don't remember a guy getting hit...you know.

I liked the coke commercials.

I think it was the Doritos one! There was a kid and a guy and they were doing rock-paper-scissors........jewels..........lol.

Totally inappropriate. And they must have gone on about it for an hour! Four year old boys love anything that has to do with anything connected to "potty" buisness!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-08-2011, 11:45 PM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
I think it was the Doritos one! There was a kid and a guy and they were doing rock-paper-scissors........jewels..........lol.

Totally inappropriate. And they must have gone on about it for an hour! ALL boys love anything that has to do with anything connected to "potty" buisness!
Fixed.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.