Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-07-2011, 01:00 PM
bradwright

Silva wanders around the octagon waiting to see what his opponent will do.

GSP on the other hand already knows what his opponents will do before he ever gets into the octagon with them...and that folks is why he has a real good chance of beating Anderson.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:44 PM
rearnakedchoke

gsp has the frame to put on some good size ... he'll stil be the smaller fighter ... what he does against shields will be a good indication on how a silva fight could go .. i am not saying silva and shields are similar .. LOL ..but if gsp can take shields down and avoid subs, then he might be able to do the same to ... i don't know if gsp will take down shields too many times though .. he might want to keep that fight standing and beat shields that way ...
Old 02-07-2011, 03:45 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
So what?

It would be a fight deserving of the hype. These are arguably the number one and number two best pound for pound fighters in the world.
In different weight classes - AS is way bigger than GSP and is known for finishing his opponents. The UFC hype machine would be working overtime on a fight that would last 10 seconds - for a fight that never should have happened.

Quote:
Sonnen fans/Silva haters need to let it go already.
First of all, JB, just because someone doesn't want a certain fight to win doesn't make them a "hater". I am not a fan of AS as a fighter, but I respect his as a man, so lay off the labeling, it's gotten quite stale

Quote:
When the best thing about a guy's career is a fight where he performed well but still got choked out, it's safe to say his fanboys are grasping at straws.
JB, stop with the pejoratives already, it makes me lose respect for you. I am a Chael fan, but if I am a boy I guess you are too, and a keyboard warrior to boot
Quote:
His embarrassments aren't subjective, they are embarrassments no matter how you cut it.
You just made a subjective opinion
Quote:
If you are gonna talk big, you gotta back it up, and losing is not backing it up no matter how fanboys try to spin it. Then, the outside stuff like the testosterone and money laundering are just icing on the cake of failures over the last year.
How about you not worry about his money laundering case - your opinion on his personal matters is not helpful, or necessary. As for the testosterone case, I'm sure there are 50 page threads on this website about that - I could care less. Fact is, Chael is a great fighter and he did to AS what no one else has. He deserves a second shot and WILL GET ONE.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 02-07-2011, 03:57 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
wrong answer

Old 02-07-2011, 03:57 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
In different weight classes - AS is way bigger than GSP and is known for finishing his opponents. The UFC hype machine would be working overtime on a fight that would last 10 seconds - for a fight that never should have happened.
Now size is the only deciding factor in a fight...right?

Quote:
First of all, JB, just because someone doesn't want a certain fight to win doesn't make them a "hater". I am not a fan of AS as a fighter, but I respect his as a man, so lay off the labeling, it's gotten quite stale

JB, stop with the pejoratives already, it makes me lose respect for you. I am a Chael fan, but if I am a boy I guess you are too, and a keyboard warrior to boot You just made a subjective opinion
How about you not worry about his money laundering case - your opinion on his personal matters is not helpful, or necessary. As for the testosterone case, I'm sure there are 50 page threads on this website about that - I could care less. Fact is, Chael is a great fighter and he did to AS what no one else has. He deserves a second shot and WILL GET ONE.
You are a hater. Sorry if that term rubs you the wrong way, but it's true. We are all haters from time to time, and you have been wanting to see Silva lose ever since he beat Franklin. That is a pretty classic case of haterdom.

You are clinging to the hypergonads of Chael and his one shining achievement and acting as if he should get an automatic rematch without having to put in the work like everybody else. Face it, Chael LOST and he embarrassed the UFC in the press over and over again, a fact which is NOT subjective. He's lucky they haven't just cut ties with him completely, let alone just handing him an instant rematch.

With that being said, I would love to see Silva/Sonnen 2. It would bring me great joy to watch Silva beat the "Oregonian gangster" for a second time.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:04 PM
rearnakedchoke

i think chael should have to fight gsp ... once gsp beats him, he should get a shot at anderson
Old 02-07-2011, 04:13 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
You are a hater. Sorry if that term rubs you the wrong way, but it's true.
JB, drop the 21st century pejorative lessons, ok? I don't hate Anderson Silva.

Quote:
You are clinging to the hypergonads of....
You lost me at "hypergonads"

Quote:
With that being said, I would love to see Silva/Sonnen 2. It would bring me great joy to watch Silva beat the "Oregonian gangster" for a second time.
Now you're making sense, even though you'll be wrong!

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 02-07-2011, 04:18 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
JB, drop the 21st century pejorative lessons, ok? I don't hate Anderson Silva.
Drop the oversensitivity and realize that it's just a figure of speech.

Embrace your inner hater and always remember...

Old 02-07-2011, 04:22 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Drop the oversensitivity and realize that it's just a figure of speech.

Embrace your inner hater and always remember...

I hate Floyd Mayweather Jr. and I'll openly admit to it. Join the player haters ball with me Vizion!

Old 02-07-2011, 04:39 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Rock knows wassup! Lol