Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-06-2011, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
He lost to the current champ.. that puts him in a #1 spot...he lost to 'Page... that still keeps him in the top 5.. and many people felt he won that fight.. I don't.. but many do.

Lyoto/Randy.. man.. still can't believe that fight is happening. But it's a nothing fight in regards to standings.... Lyoto wins.. don't do much.. Randy wins.. he won't be making a title run...

I would love to see Rashad/Lyoto fight again..
I comes down to whether or not you think Jones can win the title. If you think he can then he deserves the shot.
I don't think Rashad or Rampage could beat Shogun. I think Jones has a chance. Therefore i want to see them fight.

[
Old 02-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Miss Foxy

I think a title shot is premature.. Sure he has had some good fights, but that's not enough to just give him a title shot. He needs to stand in line!
Old 02-07-2011, 03:44 PM
rearnakedchoke

he deserves the shot ... he's man handled everyone in front of him .. people thought bader would be too strong and bones shrugged off his td attempts with ease ... i ain't saying he'll beat shogun, but he has the tools ... st. pierre got a shot with two shots in the octagon at 23 ... brock got a shot after a win over herring ... sometimes there is no rhyme or reason to dana making these matches ... the fight with shogun was booked and he needed a replacement .. he could have done thiago silva, but bones is more deserving imo
Old 02-07-2011, 03:56 PM

This could be a very good fight
I think it depends if the Title Fight pressure gets to Jones if it doesn't I see Jones winning decisively that kid is a beast!!
Old 02-07-2011, 03:58 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
This could be a very good fight
I think it depends if the Title Fight pressure gets to Jones if it doesn't I see Jones winning decisively that kid is a beast!!
if he does win decisively, dare i say "welcome to the bones jones era" ... as long as rogan doesn't say it ..
Old 02-07-2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
if he does win decisively, dare i say "welcome to the bones jones era" ... as long as rogan doesn't say it ..
Yup I agree. Now if Shogun Knocks him out I will have no other choice but to Kneel before him.

Because he would have ended The Machida Era and the Bones Jones Era.

Old 02-07-2011, 04:20 PM
Primadawn

Well it's not like this was a really orchestrated fight...they needed someone to fill in and they made the choice that it would be Jones--and he's stepping up to the plate with VERY little notice, with limited training time and just coming off the Bader fight.
He has something huge to lose here too, it's not like it's a gimme for Jones.

Having said that, I will now make my prediction in black and white. Jones will beat Shogun!
Old 02-07-2011, 06:00 PM

I dont know who wins this fight when i look at it... Jones striking to me is overated but his wrestling looks unstoppable... He looked gasses aginat bonnar in the 3rd round though so idk about his cardio... The last time shogun had knee surgery he came back with bad cardio too.....To many question marks for this fight to predict!!!
Old 02-07-2011, 06:37 PM
Chris F

Jones will win but one has to worry about coming back in only 6 weeks for a title shot. Did not see the Bader fight so not sure how much he used in that fight but Rua can be a tougn nut to crack. There is no way Rua can stop JOnes' takedowns. For Rua to win he must land a early strike or just beat him with fundmental Jits
Old 02-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Crisco

I think Jones is an incredible athlete. If they can get him the belt now they will have an American Black GSP to market who actually finishes fights,.