Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 02-02-2011, 01:33 AM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I was looking for this quote earlier in response to the discussion about tolerance, the author is unknown; but it's still a great point especially the last sentence:
Quote:
If we continue to teach our children about tolerance and intolerance rather than good and evil, we will end up with an entire generation that tolerates evil. Tolerance is the last virtue of a degenerate society.

Depending on what you are tolerating.. I would agree. Tolerating races, belief systems, sexual preference.. it pretty easy.. Tolerating those that would oppress others.. harm others.. no.

But when you have religions at war with each other... who it to say that the newer or older religion is the correct one?

Religion is the most intolerant groups.. because they all think that they are right... they all believe that they are right.

Is religion bad?? No.. but it is the root cause of most major conflicts...
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-02-2011, 02:06 AM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Depending on what you are tolerating.. I would agree. Tolerating races, belief systems, sexual preference.. it pretty easy.. Tolerating those that would oppress others.. harm others.. no.

But when you have religions at war with each other... who it to say that the newer or older religion is the correct one?

Religion is the most intolerant groups.. because they all think that they are right... they all believe that they are right.

Is religion bad?? No.. but it is the root cause of most major conflicts...
Actually religion is bad... in fact it's a wonderful tool from Satan to break communion with Christ.

God hates religion.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-02-2011, 02:25 AM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Actually religion is bad... in fact it's a wonderful tool from Satan to break communion with Christ.

God hates religion.
Agreed. As my dad used to say, "Satan is the author of religion, GOD is the Author of relationships."
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-02-2011, 02:46 AM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
For it to be TRUTH, that's not possible.

An example: Modern science states that water is composed of 2 molecules of hydrogen and one molecule of oxygen. What if another group of scientists state that water is actually composed of 2 oxygen molecules and one hydrogen molecule? Then another group of people claims that the primary ingredient in water is actually nitrogen, not hydrogen. Still another group claims that water is really made of unicorn tears. So, can they all be right? No, only one of them can be right or they are all wrong.
Nate.. you have to know that I do respect you.. I NEVER mean anything personal when I argue/debate/bicker with you... ESPECIALLY regarding religion. That you stand up for what you believe.. is great... One of the coolest things I did in Detroit was shake hands with The Rock that is you... Your creed can not honestly be questioned.

That being said....

People once knew that the sun revolved around the earth... and that was the TRUTH.. till they were proven wrong...

People once KNEW that the great god Ra.. took the sun across the sky in a canoe every day...that was the TRUTH



Quote:
It's the same with GOD. Some people believe in the personal GOD of the Bible. Some believe in an impersonal "god-force" type of energy that has no direct dealings with people at all. Some believe that GOD resides inside of us and we are all divine. Others believe in no god at all. They can't all be right. If only one of these is right, then it cancels out all the others. It's simple logic.

It's like the statement: "There are no absolutes." That sentence is logically impossible. Either it's false or it's true and it makes itself false by its very existence. In other words, the statement "There are no absolutes" is an absolute, thus it's impossible for it to be true.
I totally understand what you are saying... I really do... I just don't think your are right... I was totally behind you at one point but I had several hard lessons in life that has lead me to believe other wise...

I was in real pain over it... totally torn.. I was depressed.. and suicidal.. in some aspects.. I was 22 and still VERY stupid in some ways...and I read a book... and I came across a point of view that made total sense to me.. I didn't agree with it.. but I saw a light.. then I thought of the word... omniscience.. then I came across the word... omnipotence and then omnipresence and I realized.. that being two of the three.. didn't mean the third was a given. Then I came across a word... and this word blew the others away...omnibenevolence.. and then I had peace.. When I read (and understood) that word.. I honestly felt a pressure leave me...I know it sounds hokey.. or "dumb" to some people... but I realized that I was searching for something.. and with out one of those three words... that made sense to me.. because .. to me.. if omniscience is a given... they why create at all.. if the reason.. was just cause... then I have issues (best not gone into)...

So in my mind.. God is the creator of all... Alpha and Omega... but is looking to see what happens... and I am sorry if that is offensive to some.. but that's the way that it is for me... and that's the best I can do here.. cause I do belive that putting this down in text really doesn't get the meaning behind my words...

Maybe one day we can have a great discussion...and probably make no real headway in understanding each other better.. but it would be a good discussion...
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-02-2011, 02:48 AM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Actually religion is bad... in fact it's a wonderful tool from Satan to break communion with Christ.

God hates religion.

I can get behind that easily...
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 02-02-2011, 02:54 AM
BamaGrits84
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I was looking for this quote earlier in response to the discussion about tolerance, the author is unknown; but it's still a great point especially the last sentence:
Thanks for providing me with a facebook status. Too good not to share.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-02-2011, 03:41 AM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Nate.. you have to know that I do respect you.. I NEVER mean anything personal when I argue/debate/bicker with you... ESPECIALLY regarding religion. That you stand up for what you believe.. is great... One of the coolest things I did in Detroit was shake hands with The Rock that is you... Your creed can not honestly be questioned.

That being said....

People once knew that the sun revolved around the earth... and that was the TRUTH.. till they were proven wrong...

People once KNEW that the great god Ra.. took the sun across the sky in a canoe every day...that was the TRUTH





I totally understand what you are saying... I really do... I just don't think your are right... I was totally behind you at one point but I had several hard lessons in life that has lead me to believe other wise...

I was in real pain over it... totally torn.. I was depressed.. and suicidal.. in some aspects.. I was 22 and still VERY stupid in some ways...and I read a book... and I came across a point of view that made total sense to me.. I didn't agree with it.. but I saw a light.. then I thought of the word... omniscience.. then I came across the word... omnipotence and then omnipresence and I realized.. that being two of the three.. didn't mean the third was a given. Then I came across a word... and this word blew the others away...omnibenevolence.. and then I had peace.. When I read (and understood) that word.. I honestly felt a pressure leave me...I know it sounds hokey.. or "dumb" to some people... but I realized that I was searching for something.. and with out one of those three words... that made sense to me.. because .. to me.. if omniscience is a given... they why create at all.. if the reason.. was just cause... then I have issues (best not gone into)...

So in my mind.. God is the creator of all... Alpha and Omega... but is looking to see what happens... and I am sorry if that is offensive to some.. but that's the way that it is for me... and that's the best I can do here.. cause I do belive that putting this down in text really doesn't get the meaning behind my words...

Maybe one day we can have a great discussion...and probably make no real headway in understanding each other better.. but it would be a good discussion...
LoL However to this day no one has been able to prove the bible wrong So you point is moot till they do which will never happen. Thanks I needed a good laugh with theis blizzard and all
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-02-2011, 04:07 AM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
LoL However to this day no one has been able to prove the bible wrong So you point is moot till they do which will never happen. Thanks I needed a good laugh with theis blizzard and all
You prove it right then... I am hardly one to say that they Bible is "wrong".. but boy are there "questions.."

Where is the Ark? Why was that the only boat to float during the Great Flood?

Do you really believe that the parting of the Red Sea actually happened? Prove it...Well it was proven that it could happen.. at the right time and place.. with the right amount of wind..but with that kind of wind.. people could hardly crawl.. let alone walk...

living 40 years in the desert??? Mana?? in the realm of possibility...sure...

ermmm....Noah was given an incredible age of 950 in Genesis 9:29

Dinosaurs in the Bible??? sure there is Leviathan and behemoth.. but those are hardly descript are they?

What about the other books that did not become part of the Biblical canon. Who made that decision?? And Why... and why do people who read the Bible religiously (no pun intended)... don't know of them...

so.. please.. don't give me your "lol".... There is a huge difference between Faith and Fact
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02-02-2011, 08:39 AM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
You prove it right then... I am hardly one to say that they Bible is "wrong".. but boy are there "questions.."

Where is the Ark? Why was that the only boat to float during the Great Flood?

Do you really believe that the parting of the Red Sea actually happened? Prove it...Well it was proven that it could happen.. at the right time and place.. with the right amount of wind..but with that kind of wind.. people could hardly crawl.. let alone walk...

living 40 years in the desert??? Mana?? in the realm of possibility...sure...

ermmm....Noah was given an incredible age of 950 in Genesis 9:29

Dinosaurs in the Bible??? sure there is Leviathan and behemoth.. but those are hardly descript are they?

What about the other books that did not become part of the Biblical canon. Who made that decision?? And Why... and why do people who read the Bible religiously (no pun intended)... don't know of them...

so.. please.. don't give me your "lol".... There is a huge difference between Faith and Fact
spare me you ignorance and hatred of the scripture. You made the claim now you have the burden. BTW the History Channel (hardly evangelical) did a show with all the things you listed and have proven scientifically they were plausible in their day and age. as for dinosaurs well that is a non issue because most scholars do nto think that either of them are such but actually describe modern creatures. So thanks again for your hilarious foolishness. Glad I can fill in for Dave while he away and give you a target for your complete asinine mentality. Now either prove it is false or shut your lying tongue son of Satan
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 02-02-2011, 11:58 AM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
spare me you ignorance and hatred of the scripture. You made the claim now you have the burden. BTW the History Channel (hardly evangelical) did a show with all the things you listed and have proven scientifically they were plausible in their day and age. as for dinosaurs well that is a non issue because most scholars do nto think that either of them are such but actually describe modern creatures. So thanks again for your hilarious foolishness. Glad I can fill in for Dave while he away and give you a target for your complete asinine mentality. Now either prove it is false or shut your lying tongue son of Satan
Where did I say I hate the scripture?

You said prove the Bible false.. I said prove it true... From a sceintific point of view.. (not that I am a sceintist)...it's easier to do one than the other.. I don't condone or condem anyone for their belifes.. are yours so weak that you have to call someone ignorant and hateful and attack them when I just basically said what I belive... and what I belive (in my opinion).. makes much more sense than what alot of other people belive...


I have seen a bunch of History Channel programs on the Bible.. and such... they don't do much for me...

My asinine mentality???
My lying tounge of satan..???

You know... out of all the people that post on this site.. I have only wanted to intentionally insult one... not that I haven't insulted some by accident.. you can now count yourself among that number...

Now why don't you go have a seat at the kiddies table in the kitchen and let the adults talk for awhile....
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.