Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 02-10-2011, 12:45 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I don't see any connection with severe climates and natural "disasters" and sin. I'm was sure if he took a stand on that based on his post.

I agree with him in saying the "world" ie mankind is evil. Not the world as in Earth.
biblically there is a lot of connection. Remember when Jesus calmed the storm? If Jesus caused the sotrm than he was rebuking himself, wehn actually Satan ( The prince of the air as he is called) caused it thus it is inherintly evil. Thus Jesus Rebuked and it calmed. So yes there is a direct correlation as Vizion said and it is biblical, that is nto my opinion but a fact of scripture. God allows Satan to use the elements to cause harm circa Job's family has a huge wind destroy the home and kill his kids. I could go on but I think you get the point
Old 02-10-2011, 01:12 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
I think most people are inheritantly good but can be influenced to do evil.

Who wrote about Adam and Eve? I always wondered that. I mean, no othe people were there so who knew what to write?

shhhhhhhhhh........

sorry.. couldn't resist... but things like that are what make me have questions.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:13 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
but things like that are what make me have questions.
Things like that are what make you have excuses. The answers are obvious.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 02-10-2011, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
Things like that are what make you have excuses. The answers are obvious.
I have no excuses.

OK.. who did write about Adam and Eve?
Old 02-10-2011, 01:54 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
I have no excuses.
Really? You call yourself 'Spiritwalker' - I assume you are a 'spiritual person'.

Most 'spiritual' people I've met are either bitter ex-Catholics, not raised in the church, apostate Christians, and usually universally Biblically illiterate. You say you have no excuses, but you do. Your question precludes that you are seeking to challenge my knowledge, though you already know the answer.

A spiritual person cannot except the Truth of God because it offends them. They do not want to see the Light and are therefore lost, yet willfully lost.

You say you have no excuses, but the reality is that the Bible teaches just the opposite about you:

For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. - Roman 1:20

Time to accept the reality.

Old 02-10-2011, 02:05 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Really? You call yourself 'Spiritwalker' - I assume you are a 'spiritual person'.

Most 'spiritual' people I've met are either bitter ex-Catholics, not raised in the church, apostate Christians, and usually universally Biblically illiterate. You say you have no excuses, but you do. Your question precludes that you are seeking to challenge my knowledge, though you already know the answer.

A spiritual person cannot except the Truth of God because it offends them. They do not want to see the Light and are therefore lost, yet willfully lost.

You say you have no excuses, but the reality is that the Bible teaches just the opposite about you:

For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. - Roman 1:20

spiritwalker is the new buzzard only not as obvious. It is not worth your time he has a hard heart and blind eyes do not cast your pearls before the swine.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:22 AM

Quote:
That would be "correct".. I also have had the name for over 20 years.. if you look up the term.. you will find several things.. if you know anything about native Americans... you will understand more..

And you took your name from the band with the album "drunk at church"??

Quote:
do you mean that a "bitter ex-catholic" wasn't raised in the church? how can that be? I am hardly illiterate but I am not a scholar of the Bible.. though I have read it several times..

My question was exactly that.. a question.. sometimes a cigar is just a cigar...

Quote:
The Bible hardly offends me.. that's just plain silly to say... You accept the truth of the Bible.. on Faith... and that is a wonderful thing... I am looking for "something different"

Quote:

I have never doubted that God exists... not for one second. The idea that evolution happened by "chance" to bring all of this about... makes no sense.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
spiritwalker is the new buzzard only not as obvious. It is not worth your time he has a hard heart and blind eyes do not cast your pearls before the swine.

heh.. funny.. I have read Matthew also...I remember that.. I don't see that I have a hard heart.. I see that I have an open mind and heart...

so do you subscribe to the NLB? surely not? so you are calling me a "dog"?
Old 02-10-2011, 02:39 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
I am looking for "something different"
So, what are your requirements for belief?

Old 02-10-2011, 02:44 AM

Quote:
So, what are your requirements for belief?

That "all of this" is from an Author??? Only a little common sense...

Here is one for you..

Is there life on other planets? If so, did God have another Son.. on that planet? and did this Son follow a similar path?