Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan47 View Post
In before lock!
Me too.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:00 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I don't believe the world is evil, Man can be evil, Satan is evil. The world is a paradise given to us and we have the free will to make our life decisions.
WRONG.
The world (as in man) IS evil. The world WAS a paradise, before the Fall of Adam and Eve. Now, it is has been subjected to the penalty of their sin as well. Do you think Adam and Eve's world had natural disasters? Freezing climates?

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 02-09-2011, 10:39 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
WRONG.
The world (as in man) IS evil. The world WAS a paradise, before the Fall of Adam and Eve. Now, it is has been subjected to the penalty of their sin as well. Do you think Adam and Eve's world had natural disasters? Freezing climates?
I'm not entirely sure the all caps was necessary bro do you?

I agree with you completely I just think it's a matter of perspective. Your definition of the "world" and hers might be different.

When I say the world is evil I don't mean planet Earth.. I'm speaking about society, humanity... the inherent nature of man.

I don't think a lake in Georgia is evil. I don't think an Oak tree in Central park is evil. I do however think they are part of the world. So rather than busting out the caps maybe seek clarification?

And for the record I DO think we would have had natural disasters and freezing climates had Adam and Eve not sinned. I don't connect nature with man's sinful nature. But that's just my opinion.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I'm not entirely sure the all caps was necessary bro do you?

I agree with you completely I just think it's a matter of perspective. Your definition of the "world" and hers might be different.

When I say the world is evil I don't mean planet Earth.. I'm speaking about society, humanity... the inherent nature of man.

I don't think a lake in Georgia is evil. I don't think an Oak tree in Central park is evil. I do however think they are part of the world. So rather than busting out the caps maybe seek clarification?

And for the record I DO think we would have had natural disasters and freezing climates had Adam and Eve not sinned. I don't connect nature with man's sinful nature. But that's just my opinion.
I'm confused...then why do you say you agree completely with him? If the world was a paradise before Adam and Eve sinned, why would there have been severe climates and natural disasters? God created that paradise...
Old 02-09-2011, 11:06 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I'm confused...then why do you say you agree completely with him? If the world was a paradise before Adam and Eve sinned, why would there have been severe climates and natural disasters? God created that paradise...
I don't see any connection with severe climates and natural "disasters" and sin. I'm was sure if he took a stand on that based on his post.

I agree with him in saying the "world" ie mankind is evil. Not the world as in Earth.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:06 AM
County Mike

I think most people are inheritantly good but can be influenced to do evil.

Who wrote about Adam and Eve? I always wondered that. I mean, no othe people were there so who knew what to write?
Old 02-10-2011, 01:21 AM

Quote:
I don't see any connection with severe climates and natural "disasters" and sin. I'm was sure if he took a stand on that based on his post.

I agree with him in saying the "world" ie mankind is evil. Not the world as in Earth.
Sorry, I got the part where you agreed with him mixed up with the other stuff you said. I get that you don't see a connection with nature and sin-- you said you believed even if Adam and Eve had not sinned that they still would have had extreme climates and natural disasters. I was asking why would there be such disasters in the paradise-world God created for them. Wasn't everything perfect for them before they sinned?
Old 02-10-2011, 01:34 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
I don't think a lake in Georgia is evil. I don't think an Oak tree in Central park is evil. I do however think they are part of the world.
That's not what I said.

Quote:
Look at this world Chuck, it's far from paradise isn't it?

When Adam and Eve lived it was perfect, THEY were perfect creations, yet aside from one thing.

Pride.

This Earth has suffered God's judgment as well as man. Look at what happened to the Earth during the Flood. God can stop any natural disaster from occuring, but he doesn't, because it is part of our punishment for being men. For being related to Adam and Eve.

The freezing climates, the inhospitable places...same thing. God took out his wrath and made something so perfect, very much imperfect yet through His Grace, livable.

Same with predators...your cat, yes, your cat exists thanks to the Fall of Adam and Eve just as well. In Paradise there was no death, no bloodshed. God created the predatory creatures after the fall.

Maybe the lesson here is that we are not t o purpose our lives for the things of this world and what it can offer us, because this world offers no Grace like God's and this world offers no salvation like God's. Ultimately we will not answer to the world, but to God. This world and its fallen state reminds me of that daily.

Old 02-10-2011, 01:39 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
I think most people are inheritantly good but can be influenced to do evil.
Nobody is inherently good. We are inherently evil and rebellious to God. Where the distinction lies is that some people are raised to fear and obey God, while others aren't. The former mentioned are called the "wise".

Quote:
Who wrote about Adam and Eve? I always wondered that. I mean, no othe people were there so who knew what to write?
I believe Moses did when he was atop Mt Sinai 40 days talking to God.