Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-05-2009, 12:35 AM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,480
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default Stuff You Didn't Know About Death

http://www.scribd.com/doc/114/Stuff-...ow-About-Death
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-05-2009, 12:48 AM
bradwright
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
i knew that,,
well maybe not quite all of that,,
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-05-2009, 12:49 AM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,480
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

I wanted to highlight some things and talk about it but it wouldn't let me copy the text.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-05-2009, 12:52 AM
TexasRN's Avatar
TexasRN TexasRN is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texan living in NC
Posts: 4,709
Default

Ooh, yeah. Let's talk death.


~Amy
__________________
__________________________________________

My son made this for me:
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-05-2009, 12:54 AM
medic92
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I thought I'd heard all the euphemisms for death but "just add maggots" was a new one.

I was more schooled in near-death euphemisms. "Circling the drain" was always my favorite. On ambulance calls when we called in a report on the way to the hospital we generally used "DND" which was short for "Damn Near Dead". I wish I could remember more.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-05-2009, 01:00 AM
bradwright
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic92
I thought I'd heard all the euphemisms for death but "just add maggots" was a new one.

I was more schooled in near-death euphemisms. "Circling the drain" was always my favorite. On ambulance calls when we called in a report on the way to the hospital we generally used "DND" which was short for "Damn Near Dead". I wish I could remember more.
this is going to be fun,,wait while i get some popcorn,,
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-05-2009, 01:09 AM
TexasRN's Avatar
TexasRN TexasRN is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texan living in NC
Posts: 4,709
Default

We used to say "levophed, leave 'em dead"....cuz um, they are pretty much goners at that point.

I'll have to think of some others. Most of my stuff is L&D oriented and it can get pretty bad. Medical humor is awesome.


~Amy
__________________
__________________________________________

My son made this for me:
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-05-2009, 04:41 AM
lyndsey823
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

i've learned so many sayings and stories from my boyfriend, he was a medic for years. 99% of them i can't repeat here!! lol. some of the stories about bodies they'd found and accident scenes just grossed me out!!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-05-2009, 04:49 AM
medic92
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndsey823
i've learned so many sayings and stories from my boyfriend, he was a medic for years. 99% of them i can't repeat here!! lol. some of the stories about bodies they'd found and accident scenes just grossed me out!!
There's not a lot worse than a bunch of medics getting together and trading war stories. We've cleared restaurants by talking a little too loud and forgetting that not everyone wants to hear about the guy that left an imprint of his body in the front end of a semi. (Yeah, that was a call I was on. The guy actually lived for about 20 minutes after we got him to the ER. He actually got hit twice by two different semis. I'll share the story sometime when I have a little more time.)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,480
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic92
There's not a lot worse than a bunch of medics getting together and trading war stories. We've cleared restaurants by talking a little too loud and forgetting that not everyone wants to hear about the guy that left an imprint of his body in the front end of a semi. (Yeah, that was a call I was on. The guy actually lived for about 20 minutes after we got him to the ER. He actually got hit twice by two different semis. I'll share the story sometime when I have a little more time.)
Sometimes I cringe at what Hollywood shows but I have seen much worse in the hospital. I don't know if it is because a general audience couldn't handle what it really looks like, or maybe the folks generating it haven't seen it....or maybe it has more of an impact when you are standing beside it seeing it in real space and time.

But some people have to use humor (me), it helps to deal with it and do your job without freakin' out like a pansy ass. lol
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.