bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
i knew that,,
well maybe not quite all of that,,
Old 03-05-2009, 12:49 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

I wanted to highlight some things and talk about it but it wouldn't let me copy the text.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:52 AM
Super Moderator

Ooh, yeah. Let's talk death.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 03-05-2009, 12:54 AM
medic92

I thought I'd heard all the euphemisms for death but "just add maggots" was a new one.

I was more schooled in near-death euphemisms. "Circling the drain" was always my favorite. On ambulance calls when we called in a report on the way to the hospital we generally used "DND" which was short for "Damn Near Dead". I wish I could remember more.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:00 AM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic92
I thought I'd heard all the euphemisms for death but "just add maggots" was a new one.

I was more schooled in near-death euphemisms. "Circling the drain" was always my favorite. On ambulance calls when we called in a report on the way to the hospital we generally used "DND" which was short for "Damn Near Dead". I wish I could remember more.
this is going to be fun,,wait while i get some popcorn,,
Old 03-05-2009, 01:09 AM
Super Moderator

We used to say "levophed, leave 'em dead"....cuz um, they are pretty much goners at that point.

I'll have to think of some others. Most of my stuff is L&D oriented and it can get pretty bad. Medical humor is awesome.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 03-05-2009, 04:41 AM
lyndsey823

i've learned so many sayings and stories from my boyfriend, he was a medic for years. 99% of them i can't repeat here!! lol. some of the stories about bodies they'd found and accident scenes just grossed me out!!
Old 03-05-2009, 04:49 AM
medic92

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndsey823
i've learned so many sayings and stories from my boyfriend, he was a medic for years. 99% of them i can't repeat here!! lol. some of the stories about bodies they'd found and accident scenes just grossed me out!!
There's not a lot worse than a bunch of medics getting together and trading war stories. We've cleared restaurants by talking a little too loud and forgetting that not everyone wants to hear about the guy that left an imprint of his body in the front end of a semi. (Yeah, that was a call I was on. The guy actually lived for about 20 minutes after we got him to the ER. He actually got hit twice by two different semis. I'll share the story sometime when I have a little more time.)
Old 03-05-2009, 01:14 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic92
There's not a lot worse than a bunch of medics getting together and trading war stories. We've cleared restaurants by talking a little too loud and forgetting that not everyone wants to hear about the guy that left an imprint of his body in the front end of a semi. (Yeah, that was a call I was on. The guy actually lived for about 20 minutes after we got him to the ER. He actually got hit twice by two different semis. I'll share the story sometime when I have a little more time.)
Sometimes I cringe at what Hollywood shows but I have seen much worse in the hospital. I don't know if it is because a general audience couldn't handle what it really looks like, or maybe the folks generating it haven't seen it....or maybe it has more of an impact when you are standing beside it seeing it in real space and time.

But some people have to use humor (me), it helps to deal with it and do your job without freakin' out like a pansy ass. lol