Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-01-2011, 03:16 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
LOL I think all fighters rely on their own Mad Skills.

Brock has Mad Skilz of Size and Strength.

So you believe size and strength are considered a skill? Are you saying that with a straight face? lol
Old 02-01-2011, 03:19 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
So you believe size and strength are considered a skill? Are you saying that with a straight face? lol
LOL, well it's a skill to use it properly. There are plenty of large strong men who don't use it or know how to use it. Brock is in that elite percentage of big badasses.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Yup very much so .... you see I didn't even blink
Old 02-01-2011, 03:24 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
LOL, well it's a skill to use it properly. There are plenty of large strong men who don't use it or know how to use it. Brock is in that elite percentage of big badasses.
I simply can NOT find any fault in that statement!

()
Old 02-01-2011, 03:31 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:

()
You're so bad!
Old 02-01-2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:

()

Quote:
There are plenty of large strong men who don't use it or know how to use it

LOL OMG LOL its funny how a little editing can totally change the meaning of the statement
Old 02-01-2011, 03:56 PM

Quote:
bj was basically arguing that Brock's success was mostly due to athleticism and size, which doesn't make any sense. He also said Brock's wrestling isn't that good, well you don't become a NCAA champ by having mediocre wrestling regardless of size and strength. You also don't become the UFC heavyweight champ by laying on top of guys. The other factor is that Brock didn't lay & pray on anybody, he ALWAYS finished his opponents. A win is a win regardless of how it happens and to say that he just bullied his opponents is nuts. This is the upper echelon of fighting and you can't bully your way to the top without mad skills.
i said technique wisehis wrestling isnt that great... You want to watch perfect technique watch cael sanderson or buvaisar satiev not brock lesnar. Not to mention like i said that no one has paid attention to... Brock stopped wrestling for 7 years... You think hes still the wrestler he was in college???
Old 02-01-2011, 05:27 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
i said technique wisehis wrestling isnt that great... You want to watch perfect technique watch cael sanderson or buvaisar satiev not brock lesnar. Not to mention like i said that no one has paid attention to... Brock stopped wrestling for 7 years... You think hes still the wrestler he was in college???
LOL, "not that great"? Do you think if his wrestling wasn't "that great" that he'd be able to hold Mir down? You gotta be nuts, that stuff doesn't happen just because Brock is big and athletic. These are the best fighters on the planet and it takes great technique at this level, let alone to become the UFC champion. And yes, Brock's wrestling isn't as good as he was in college because he's training wrestling for MMA, not Greco Roman which is significantly different, but it's not that hard to get it back if he had to train for it. I don't think ANY MMA fighter's wrestling is as good as it was in college simply because it's a different type of wrestling and there's less time to dedicate because one must develop other skills.

I hadn't wrestled in over 10 years and I'm able to hang with the black belt instructors of jiu jitsu at my dojo. You make it sound like something Brock had done for 20 years of his life is magically gone forever. You do something that much, it becomes routine.

It's pretty obvious that you're just bagging on Brock.

Last edited by rockdawg21; 02-01-2011 at 05:33 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:48 PM

bobby"the black brock" lashley isn't exactly getting talked about, except to point out that he isn't doing anything and isn't getting talked about

where's bob sapp?

to say brock is a washed up wrestler that is just big doesn't hold water
Old 02-01-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
LOL, "not that great"? Do you think if his wrestling wasn't "that great" that he'd be able to hold Mir down? You gotta be nuts, that stuff doesn't happen just because Brock is big and athletic. These are the best fighters on the planet and it takes great technique at this level, let alone to become the UFC champion. And yes, Brock's wrestling isn't as good as he was in college because he's training wrestling for MMA, not Greco Roman which is significantly different, but it's not that hard to get it back if he had to train for it. I don't think ANY MMA fighter's wrestling is as good as it was in college simply because it's a different type of wrestling and there's less time to dedicate because one must develop other skills.

I hadn't wrestled in over 10 years and I'm able to hang with the black belt instructors of jiu jitsu at my dojo. You make it sound like something Brock had done for 20 years of his life is magically gone forever. You do something that much, it becomes routine.

It's pretty obvious that you're just bagging on Brock.

i agree and just want to add, that there was a reason that brock was a great wrestler, and it wasn't just training and practice

you can train the h@#$ out of richard simmons and i just don't see him being a mma great

take away all of brocks training and accompolishments and you would still have a raw set of natural talent. That talent may be merely understanding and applying leverage or being able to take pain or whatever, but everyone isn't trained into being a champion, you can't make a ncaa champion out of nothing, there has to be something there to work with