Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 01-23-2011, 12:18 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Default GSP to MW???

Is Anderson Silva vs Georges St. Pierre finally going to happen?

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/1/22/19...oing-to-happen

It just might be on the horizon according to Dana White's latest video blog:

"After Anderson Silva wins that fight on the 5th and then Georges St. Pierre needs to beat Jake Shields in Toronto; if that happens then we're probably going to do that fight. Alright? So if they both win then that fight makes all the sense in the world. And Georges St.Pierre said he'd move up to 185 and stay there."

Yes, you read that right. And no, the UFC's head honcho has never sounded so matter of fact when talking about putting a fight together between two of the pound-for-pound greatest in the history of the sport of mixed martial arts. According to Mr. White, all that needs to happen for this superfight, and make no mistake this is the very definition of a superfight, to go down is "The Spider" has to navigate his way through the fast hands of Vitor Belfort at UFC 126 on Feb. 5 while "Rush" has to get past Jake Shields at UFC 129 on April 30. At that point, all obstacles will be overcome and there will be nothing standing in the way of what would undoubtedly be the biggest fight in the history of the UFC. Can you taste it, Maniacs? It's almost here.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:21 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

I see GSP beating Shields pretty easily.... If anything, playing it safe... and winning a UD..

GSP vs Andy... Calling it now.

either a one round bomb fest... a three round.. ground game... or a 5 round UD to Andy...
Old 01-23-2011, 02:06 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Talk about an awesome matchup. These 2 flipflop the P4P list all the time. Would be amazing to see it!
Old 01-23-2011, 10:14 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

If this happens in 2011, it would be huge for the UFC.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:08 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

This wouldnthe the most epic battle of Haters vs. Huggers the Intra-Webs has ever seen! Watching those who detest all things GSP having to suddenly support Silva & visa versa will be hysterical to watch. NO ONE will be able to avoid the great division for long for, in the desperate attempt to win Flame Wars, the simplistic view of "if you're not with me, you're against me" will quickly rise to prominence & those that thought themselves innocent bystanders will suddenly find themselves labelled as a Hater or a Hugger, entirely against their will. The ruin & decimation will be terrible to behold!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2011, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
This wouldnthe the most epic battle of Haters vs. Huggers the Intra-Webs has ever seen! Watching those who detest all things GSP having to suddenly support Silva & visa versa will be hysterical to watch. NO ONE will be able to avoid the great division for long for, in the desperate attempt to win Flame Wars, the simplistic view of "if you're not with me, you're against me" will quickly rise to prominence & those that thought themselves innocent bystanders will suddenly find themselves labelled as a Hater or a Hugger, entirely against their will. The ruin & decimation will be terrible to behold!!!!!!

I need a "like" button for this post!

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 01-23-2011, 11:29 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I need a "like" button for this post!

~Amy
Haha, seriously! These forums need a karma system!!!
Old 01-23-2011, 11:38 PM

Would either be looked at the same after a loss to the other? Would their hype still be the same?
Old 01-23-2011, 11:40 PM
LESS TALK MORE ACTION

I'm excited for the fight to happen. Ill pay my $$$ and watch but I'm going to call it as the most boring fight of all time. No joke I think it will be a snooze fest.

The only exciting fights that AS has had are against aggressive opponents. GSP is probably the least aggressive fighter of all time.

When GSP's confidence is low it is very clear in his fighting. Hes going to have to much at stake in this fight. He wont press the action.

Go ahead folks let me have it! Am I wrong?
Old 01-23-2011, 11:47 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNESSEAN View Post
I'm excited for the fight to happen. Ill pay my $$$ and watch but I'm going to call it as the most boring fight of all time. No joke I think it will be a snooze fest.

The only exciting fights that AS has had are against aggressive opponents. GSP is probably the least aggressive fighter of all time.

When GSP's confidence is low it is very clear in his fighting. Hes going to have to much at stake in this fight. He wont press the action.

Go ahead folks let me have it! Am I wrong?
yes you are wrong....GSP takes him to the ground and pounds on him for a bit then subs him with an arm bar...the whole thing should take about a minute and a half or so i would say.

it will be bye bye Anderson....the goof needs a good Sh** kicking....and GSP is just the guy to give it to him....so there.

Last edited by bradwright; 01-23-2011 at 11:52 PM.