Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 03-05-2009, 04:22 AM
internationalharvester
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Well, I don't think it would start out as a state vs. state war. Besides, a majority of the military is very conservative and votes Republican, they're not going to turn their guns on American citizens to fight for liberal values.

When you swear in to the Army, you're not swearing loyalty to a person or a government official. You are swearing loyalty to the founding principles of the Constitution against all enemies foreign AND domestic. Meaning that if the President is compromising the inalienable rights of American citizens, then he could rightly be considered an enemy of the Constitution and thus an enemy of our military.

Soldiers know that and are not going to just blindly follow orders. The soldier must first determine if the order is lawful or not. If the order is not lawful, then the soldier has no obligation to obey it. Meaning that if the President ordered the Army to illegally search every home in America and confiscate all firearms, regardless of whether they are registered or not, then the military would not have to obey that order, because it's an unlawful order.

If fact, if the federal government did order police and soldiers to go through and confiscate all guns and firearms, then we would see mass desertions of our military and many of our police would simply refuse to enforce the law and resign their positions. This would require the government to call in foreign troops to enforce its authority, but the President who authorizes foreign soldiers to turn their weapons on American citizens would be forever known as one of America's greatest traitors.
haha Nate thats what I meant to say I just didnt have the words to tell the tale, nice work friend
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-05-2009, 04:51 AM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,299
Default

I actually wasn't sure how my comments would be received. I'm glad to see that others here understand the true mission of our military forces. Some people make the mistake of just assuming that the military is full of robots who are incapable of thinking for themselves and can only blindly follow orders without question. That couldn't be further from the truth.

For the most part, our military is full of people who truly believe in the phrase "GOD and Country" (notice that GOD comes first) and believe in the principles of liberty that this country was founded on. Liberal politicians looking to turn this nation into a socialist dictatorship have more to fear from our military than the American people do.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-05-2009, 04:56 AM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

OMG reading all these posts is there a case of hysteria or paranoia going on?? Come on it don't matter if Mickey Mouse was our president we are not going to have our country fall nor fight within....Seriously lighten up!!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-05-2009, 05:04 AM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
OMG reading all these posts is there a case of hysteria or paranoia going on?? Come on it don't matter if Mickey Mouse was our president we are not going to have our country fall nor fight within....Seriously lighten up!!
Well, that's kind of the point of this thread. Some Russian dude says that America will collapse in a year, so we're discussing that.

There's nothing wrong with paying attention to warning signs and preparing for the worst. It keeps you from being taken by surprise.

For instance, anyone who was paying attention to global terrorism throughout the 80s and 90s wasn't surprised by September 11th. In fact, for those who were paying attention to the warning signs, the only surprise about 9/11 was that it didn't happen sooner and that it doesn't happen more frequently.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-05-2009, 05:09 AM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Well, that's kind of the point of this thread. Some Russian dude says that America will collapse in a year, so we're discussing that.

There's nothing wrong with paying attention to warning signs and preparing for the worst. It keeps you from being taken by surprise.

For instance, anyone who was paying attention to global terrorism throughout the 80s and 90s wasn't surprised by September 11th. In fact, for those who were paying attention to the warning signs, the only surprise about 9/11 was that it didn't happen sooner and that it doesn't happen more frequently.
I understand the purpose of the thread hun. What I meant is that our Armed Forces aren't going to turn on each other like robots or that our leaders would allow anything like that to happen. I just wanted to be humorous, but I understand some people think different. No disrespect 2 anyone..goodnight...
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-05-2009, 12:52 PM
Deerstabber
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

No your right Melissa! The U.S. could never have a war where brother would fight brother! Wait a minute! Oh ya, wait, I think, wait for it! It has happened, remember the CIVIL WAR!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-05-2009, 12:57 PM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerstabber
No your right Melissa! The U.S. could never have a war where brother would fight brother! Wait a minute! Oh ya, wait, I think, wait for it! It has happened, remember the CIVIL WAR!!!!!
But that was back then when we were a savage nation based on Biblical principals!!!

We've came sooooo far since then....
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-05-2009, 01:14 PM
mikthehick
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

The way I see it, we're all going to die anyway.

If I die today or in 80 years, makes no difference. Crap like this, where the majority of America would believe it, is the key to starting mass hysteria. Very surprised they posted it on fox.

Oh well, carry on, i have too much to do than to worry about some idiot whose own country is unstable.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-05-2009, 03:19 PM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,587
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Well, I don't think it would start out as a state vs. state war. Besides, a majority of the military is very conservative and votes Republican, they're not going to turn their guns on American citizens to fight for liberal values.

When you swear in to the Army, you're not swearing loyalty to a person or a government official. You are swearing loyalty to the founding principles of the Constitution against all enemies foreign AND domestic. Meaning that if the President is compromising the inalienable rights of American citizens, then he could rightly be considered an enemy of the Constitution and thus an enemy of our military.

Soldiers know that and are not going to just blindly follow orders. The soldier must first determine if the order is lawful or not. If the order is not lawful, then the soldier has no obligation to obey it. Meaning that if the President ordered the Army to illegally search every home in America and confiscate all firearms, regardless of whether they are registered or not, then the military would not have to obey that order, because it's an unlawful order.

If fact, if the federal government did order police and soldiers to go through and confiscate all guns and firearms, then we would see mass desertions of our military and many of our police would simply refuse to enforce the law and resign their positions. This would require the government to call in foreign troops to enforce its authority, but the President who authorizes foreign soldiers to turn their weapons on American citizens would be forever known as one of America's greatest traitors.
I agree with others that I see Russia collapsing before the U.S would.

Nate, the next (below) is really a ? and then food for thought.

I thought that that's what they (the military) want to do when you join up--to break you down, strip you of "self" and "thinking on your own" because they want you to follow orders.

I'd like to think that if given orders that were "unlawful" soldiers would not proceed or follow through with them. BUT, what if they were given "misinformation" about a situation, in other words, manipulated to act/react by their highter ups. I think history (past and more recent) has shown that people (in high level government) and soldiers will/have committed illegal acts on the orders of their superiors.

Hopefully, nothing like that could/would ever happen on such a scale as to put us in another civil war, but "never say never"...

Last edited by Bonnie; 03-05-2009 at 08:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-06-2009, 03:17 PM
Moose
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
I agree with others that I see Russia collapsing before the U.S would.

Depends what happens with the Northwest Passage.

http://www.american.edu/ted/ice/northwest-passage.htm

Kind of an easy to read version of what could happen.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.