Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-03-2009, 01:28 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Default Sherdog accusing Matt of greasing

there's a big difference between this quick stroke (by Stitch no less) and GSP's cornerman rubbing all over GSP's upper body. but hey, GSP fans need something to hang onto i guess?

this was the Alves fight btw.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:29 AM
Hughes_GOAT

without going back and looking at the fight, i wouldn't be surprised if this was actually after the fight and Stitch was fixing Matt's cut. why would Stitch be working Matt's corner during the fight anyway?
Old 03-03-2009, 01:31 AM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT

there's a big difference between this quick stroke (by Stitch no less) and GSP's cornerman rubbing all over GSP's upper body. but hey, GSP fans need something to hang onto i guess?

this was the Alves fight btw.
I like how even after the put it in super-slow motion, it's still less than 2sec long!

On the other hand, the GreaSeP gifs last about 5sec long each, in normal speed!
Old 03-03-2009, 01:34 AM

Who's that standing in front of Matt, do you know? Is it an official...

Does Sherdog hound/bash other fighters like they do Matt?

They are ****heads!
Old 03-03-2009, 01:35 AM
Champ2be

Be honest guys if this was another fighter ya'll would totally be calling them a cheater. Im not calling Matt a cheater in any way, shape or form, but this is not much different than what GSP's video looked like. Doesnt matter if it was 2 seconds or 5 seconds it doesnt take long for vasoline to set in. AGAIN I AM NOT CALLING MATT A CHEATER, BUT LOOK AT IT FROM ALL PERSPECTIVES!!!
Old 03-03-2009, 01:43 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ2be
Be honest guys if this was another fighter ya'll would totally be calling them a cheater. Im not calling Matt a cheater in any way, shape or form, but this is not much different than what GSP's video looked like. Doesnt matter if it was 2 seconds or 5 seconds it doesnt take long for vasoline to set in. AGAIN I AM NOT CALLING MATT A CHEATER, BUT LOOK AT IT FROM ALL PERSPECTIVES!!!
it's way different because

1.) this may be after the fight and not during.

2.) it wasn't rubbed in for seconds and seconds to his chest, neck and shoulders. it was a quick swipe on one side of his body, not all over like GSP.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:48 AM
Champ2be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
it's way different because

1.) this may be after the fight and not during.

2.) it wasn't rubbed in for seconds and seconds to his chest, neck and shoulders. it was a quick swipe on one side of his body, not all over like GSP.
Ok, Im not gonna argue. Im just saying that if this was another fighter most people on here would be all over this GIF. This is not after the fight BTW, I have it recorded and went and looked. And even being on the just on the shoulders COULD affect a few submissions. Look I am Pro Matt Hughes all the way, but I try and look at things from every angle. Nothing against the big guy.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:50 AM
Allons-y

If you watch it in real time,what happens is that Stitch is finishing up putting vaseline on Matt's eyebrows between rounds, then brushes something off his shoulder. Here it is in realtime (0:17): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d1EV...layer_embedded.

It was less than half a second done by an impartial cutman with an official watching. In GSP's case, it was done not once, but twice, by a personal cornerman, for an extended period of time.

It's completely different.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
If you watch it in real time,what happens is that Stitch is finishing up putting vaseline on Matt's eyebrows between rounds, then brushes something off his shoulder. Here it is in realtime (0:17): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d1EV...layer_embedded.

It was less than half a second done by an impartial cutman with an official watching. In GSP's case, it was done not once, but twice, by a personal cornerman, for an extended period of time.

It's completely different.
Good call Ben and Goat! Totally different! And I'm not saying that because it happens to be Matt. If that's all that had happened with GSP, there would be no controversy right now.

Thanks for the vid link, Ben, so people can see for themselves EXACTLY what happened instead of what Sherdog is trying to make of it.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:07 AM
Allons-y

If anyone here has a Sherdog account:

1) Shame on you!!
2) Copy/Paste my post onto their forums for me.