Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 02-07-2011, 09:41 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post

#7 better worry, no way his 130 yrds passing will beat us and I dont see Marsh doing a 141 yrd rushing on us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
LoL Get of the Bandwagon!!!! Were have all this so called Gizzeheads been all this years?

Not even when Farve was in the team did they have fans....now all of a sudden everyone loves them????

Next year they won't even make it to the play offs and we will be back to win the Superbowl
Figured youd forget what I said a few weeks ago so I copied it and put it up there for you..
Old 02-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Chuck

Hey if you're actually a Packer fan then more power to you. Congrats. But lets keep it real here. The Steelers gave up 21 points off of turnovers and STILL had a chance to win it in the closing seconds. We almost made Super Bowl history by coming back from an 18 point deficit. I'm proud of our effort but not our performance.

Hat's off to GB for capitalizing on our mistakes and putting points on the board. They made the plays when they needed to and that's what Championship teams do.

I don't know that I could call them the greatest franchise ever but I think they are on a short list that would obviously include the Steelers.

I have nothing but respect for the Packers, the organization and their fans.

Congrats!!!
Old 02-07-2011, 02:15 PM
rearnakedchoke

wasn't lucky for christina aguiliera .. she couldn't even sing the anthem correctly .. LOL
Old 02-07-2011, 06:46 PM
ERStettin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Hey if you're actually a Packer fan then more power to you. Congrats. But lets keep it real here. The Steelers gave up 21 points off of turnovers and STILL had a chance to win it in the closing seconds. We almost made Super Bowl history by coming back from an 18 point deficit. I'm proud of our effort but not our performance.

Hat's off to GB for capitalizing on our mistakes and putting points on the board. They made the plays when they needed to and that's what Championship teams do.

I don't know that I could call them the greatest franchise ever but I think they are on a short list that would obviously include the Steelers.

Congrats!!!
Well this ought to be good. I am interested to hear who you think is the greatest NFL franchise ever if it is not the Packers?

We have had the greatest football coach of all time (Lombardi), the greatest team ever 60's Packers (played in 6 NFL championship games in 8 years, won 5 of them and the first two Super Bowls), and the most NFL championships....13.

We also know who is better between the Packers and the Steelers as well.

Just saying

Go Pack Go!

BTW, the Packers created those turnovers and took advantage of them. Props to the Steelers for coming back but in the end, it is who wins and the Packer franchise is the best at doing that in NFL history.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:29 PM
ERStettin

Not sure if this will copy correctly here or not. Going to try.

Franchise↓ NFL Championships↓ AFL Championships↓ AAFC Championships↓ Super Bowls↓ Total†↓
Green Bay Packers# 9 4 13
Chicago Bears 8 1 9
Cleveland Browns 4 4[6] 8
New York Giants 4 3 7
Pittsburgh Steelers 6 6
Washington Redskins 2 3 5
Dallas Cowboys 5 5
San Francisco 49ers 5 5
Detroit Lions 4 4
Indianapolis Colts 3 2 5
Oakland Raiders 1 3 4
Philadelphia Eagles 3 3
St. Louis Rams 2 1 3
New England Patriots 3 3
Arizona Cardinals 2 2
Canton Bulldogs* 2 2
Kansas City Chiefs 3 1 2
Buffalo Bills 2 2
Tennessee Titans 2 2
Denver Broncos 2 2
Miami Dolphins 2 2
Akron Pros* 1 1
Cleveland Bulldogs* 1 1
Frankford Yellow Jackets* 1 1
Providence Steam Roller* 1 1
New York Jets 1 1 1
San Diego Chargers 1 1
Baltimore Ravens 1 1
New Orleans Saints 1 1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1 1
Minnesota Vikings 1 1
Old 02-07-2011, 11:00 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post

Congrats!!!
This was one of those games where you figured whomever could get the key stops on defense was going to win the game. It just so happens the Packers were the better defense last night.

For some reason it seemed like Ben was off the whole night even prior to the knee getting tweaked, not only that but they really did abandon the run game pretty much even though they had some success with it. On the other side Rogers was simply better, he put the ball where it had to be and relied on his receivers to get it done,
Old 02-07-2011, 11:12 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Logrus is a legit cheesehead...I can vouch for him.

Congrats Logrus...Rodgers is animal.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:37 PM

Quote:
This was one of those games where you figured whomever could get the key stops on defense was going to win the game. It just so happens the Packers were the better defense last night.

For some reason it seemed like Ben was off the whole night even prior to the knee getting tweaked, not only that but they really did abandon the run game pretty much even though they had some success with it. On the other side Rogers was simply better, he put the ball where it had to be and relied on his receivers to get it done,
I agree with you Logrus No shame in losing against the Packers
We had a great comeback but fell short.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:12 AM

Quote:

The Packers definitely came out strong with their defense. They could have had, I think, at least 2, maybe three more TDs if not for those two or three bumbles; but they kept it together for the win. And I agree, the Steelers seemed to be off their game. His knee must not have been too tweaked, he made that run right after. I was wondering if it was just a ruse after that. If he was going to start running with the ball, I wanted them to tackle him and take him down hard. Clay Matthews did a good job I thought of trying to watch for that.