Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 01-27-2011, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
Oh I stare em down buddy......real fast........I knock them out good!

And if that doesn't work......I kill em with KINDNESS!!!!!!!!!!

So evil!!!!

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 01-27-2011, 02:34 PM
DonnaMaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
So evil!!!!

~Amy
yup.....killing em with kindness is SUPER evil..........it takes longer but it works..........

I used it on my former superintendent...............he's gone now...........

and he doesn't even know what hit him..............
Old 01-27-2011, 07:42 PM
Chuck

Not trying to stir the pot here but I do find 2 things interesting....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
like a thread...locked.. and unlocked..
This question was never actually answered. I've asked it before and never really gotten an answer either.

Nobody is or really can question a Mod's authority on here and that's ok. This isn't a democracy and everyone on here understands and accepts that but sometimes it's hard to find any logic in why or how a thread gets locked. I've seen threads VERY heated and never get locked and I've seen threads that were fairly tame get locked. I've seen threads locked and unlocked by different MOD's and I've seen threads locked and MOD's continue to post to get their last word in (although not recently).

So if there is a standard out there it would probably help the members if we actually knew what it was. Compliance is a lot easier if you know the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I locked a thread that was going no where.
But that certainly can't be the litmus test for locking a thread can it? Not only is it amazingly subjective but I have seen countless threads "go nowhere and never get locked. So how do you all decide?
Old 01-27-2011, 07:49 PM
DonnaMaria

So........

"To lock or NOT to lock.............THAT is the question............."

sorry.......just being goofy.............

anyway..............

I think it can't help but be subjective. I don't know if there can be a hard fast rule when it comes to locking a thread. It has to be done on a case by case basis...........kind of like parenting. There are grey areas.

BUT I probably don't know what I'm talking about. ..........lol
Old 01-27-2011, 07:56 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
I think it can't help but be subjective. I don't know if there can be a hard fast rule when it comes to locking a thread. It has to be done on a case by case basis...........kind of like parenting. There are grey areas.
QFT
Old 01-27-2011, 08:03 PM
Miss Foxy

Turn the gosh dang page already the thread was locked... Amy is not conspiring with Tyburn nor doing his dirty work for him...Nor does she have to explain for that much!! Take it to the PM this ishh is annoying..
Old 01-27-2011, 08:12 PM
Chuck

Quote:
So........

"To lock or NOT to lock.............THAT is the question............."

sorry.......just being goofy.............

anyway..............

BUT I probably don't know what I'm talking about. ..........lol

Subjective to a point sure... but as parents you and I still have standards we use to guide our decision making right? The decision to discipline or not discipline should never be subjective. I think to what degree we actually discipline is. Time out vs. spanking for example... Our rules or standards dictate what behavior we discipline, our grace, mercy or being "subjective" determines to what degree.

My.02 anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Turn the gosh dang page already the thread was locked... Amy is not conspiring with Tyburn nor doing his dirty work for him...Nor does she have to explain for that much!! Take it to the PM this ishh is annoying..
You do realize you don't have to click on every thread right?
Old 01-27-2011, 08:14 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post

Subjective to a point sure... but as parents you and I still have standards we use to guide our decision making right? The decision to discipline or not discipline should never be subjective. I think to what degree we actually discipline is. Time out vs. spanking for example... Our rules or standards dictate what behavior we discipline, our grace, mercy or being "subjective" determines to what degree.

My.02 anyway.

You do realize you don't have to click on every thread right?
Your point is?
Old 01-27-2011, 10:08 PM

I am glad the thread was locked.

When I see nonsense like accusing Britain of cowardice and all us snotty.

Well its gets dumb and if either or anyone wants to go through that with me personally I'll rebuff them personally.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:29 PM
DonnaMaria

And the teeth thing! Don't forget the teeth!

For the record, all the Brits that I know/have known have had absolutely lovely teeth! No complaints from me in the teeth/tooth department! And oral health is very important to me!!!

Don't sweat it Jon! It's because of the accent thing. American women just SWOON over the accent! That's why there is all the hate from the fellas!