Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #71  
Old 01-27-2011, 11:01 AM
TexasRN's Avatar
TexasRN TexasRN is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texan living in NC
Posts: 4,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
Oh I stare em down buddy......real fast........I knock them out good!

And if that doesn't work......I kill em with KINDNESS!!!!!!!!!!

So evil!!!!


~Amy
__________________
__________________________________________

My son made this for me:
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 01-27-2011, 02:34 PM
DonnaMaria
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
So evil!!!!


~Amy
yup.....killing em with kindness is SUPER evil..........it takes longer but it works..........

I used it on my former superintendent...............he's gone now...........


and he doesn't even know what hit him..............
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 01-27-2011, 07:42 PM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Not trying to stir the pot here but I do find 2 things interesting....


Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
like a thread...locked.. and unlocked..
This question was never actually answered. I've asked it before and never really gotten an answer either.

Nobody is or really can question a Mod's authority on here and that's ok. This isn't a democracy and everyone on here understands and accepts that but sometimes it's hard to find any logic in why or how a thread gets locked. I've seen threads VERY heated and never get locked and I've seen threads that were fairly tame get locked. I've seen threads locked and unlocked by different MOD's and I've seen threads locked and MOD's continue to post to get their last word in (although not recently).

So if there is a standard out there it would probably help the members if we actually knew what it was. Compliance is a lot easier if you know the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I locked a thread that was going no where.
But that certainly can't be the litmus test for locking a thread can it? Not only is it amazingly subjective but I have seen countless threads "go nowhere and never get locked. So how do you all decide?
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 01-27-2011, 07:49 PM
DonnaMaria
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

So........

"To lock or NOT to lock.............THAT is the question............."


sorry.......just being goofy.............

anyway..............

I think it can't help but be subjective. I don't know if there can be a hard fast rule when it comes to locking a thread. It has to be done on a case by case basis...........kind of like parenting. There are grey areas.

BUT I probably don't know what I'm talking about. ..........lol
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 01-27-2011, 07:56 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
I think it can't help but be subjective. I don't know if there can be a hard fast rule when it comes to locking a thread. It has to be done on a case by case basis...........kind of like parenting. There are grey areas.
QFT
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 01-27-2011, 08:03 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Turn the gosh dang page already the thread was locked... Amy is not conspiring with Tyburn nor doing his dirty work for him...Nor does she have to explain for that much!! Take it to the PM this ishh is annoying..
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 01-27-2011, 08:12 PM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
So........

"To lock or NOT to lock.............THAT is the question............."


sorry.......just being goofy.............

anyway..............

I think it can't help but be subjective. I don't know if there can be a hard fast rule when it comes to locking a thread. It has to be done on a case by case basis...........kind of like parenting. There are grey areas.

BUT I probably don't know what I'm talking about. ..........lol


Subjective to a point sure... but as parents you and I still have standards we use to guide our decision making right? The decision to discipline or not discipline should never be subjective. I think to what degree we actually discipline is. Time out vs. spanking for example... Our rules or standards dictate what behavior we discipline, our grace, mercy or being "subjective" determines to what degree.

My.02 anyway.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Turn the gosh dang page already the thread was locked... Amy is not conspiring with Tyburn nor doing his dirty work for him...Nor does she have to explain for that much!! Take it to the PM this ishh is annoying..
You do realize you don't have to click on every thread right?
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 01-27-2011, 08:14 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post


Subjective to a point sure... but as parents you and I still have standards we use to guide our decision making right? The decision to discipline or not discipline should never be subjective. I think to what degree we actually discipline is. Time out vs. spanking for example... Our rules or standards dictate what behavior we discipline, our grace, mercy or being "subjective" determines to what degree.

My.02 anyway.



You do realize you don't have to click on every thread right?
Your point is?
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 01-27-2011, 10:08 PM
Jonlion's Avatar
Jonlion Jonlion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,306
Default

I am glad the thread was locked.

When I see nonsense like accusing Britain of cowardice and all us snotty.

Well its gets dumb and if either or anyone wants to go through that with me personally I'll rebuff them personally.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 01-27-2011, 10:29 PM
DonnaMaria
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

And the teeth thing! Don't forget the teeth!

For the record, all the Brits that I know/have known have had absolutely lovely teeth! No complaints from me in the teeth/tooth department! And oral health is very important to me!!!

Don't sweat it Jon! It's because of the accent thing. American women just SWOON over the accent! That's why there is all the hate from the fellas!

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.