Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 01-24-2011, 10:23 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
you mean kinda like when BJ and HIS nuthugger empire came crashing down ?.......dont bet all your money on it..i would hate to see you homeless.
Low blow!!! lol.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-24-2011, 10:23 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
Let's wait and see if GSP gets through Shields.

I am not writing off Shields. His perf against the Dutchman wasn't all too great, but I believe Shields may have just the right kind of mettle to stop GSP.

His cardio is strong, and he's very powerful.

GSP has beaten a lot of guys, but someone has his number. Nobody thought Frankie would beat BJ, or Chael beat AS, but they did (well, Chael mostly did).

I'm with Foxy - I'm on the GSP Hater train and am looking forward to his derailment :happydancing:
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-25-2011, 02:07 AM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNESSEAN View Post
but I'm going to call it as the most boring fight of all time. No joke I think it will be a snooze fest.
I agree. I can imagine the first minute of the fight will look pretty much exactly like the 25th minute and it will end with a very close and controversial split decision or a draw. Resulting in the worst fight and biggest waste of time in the history of the UFC.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-25-2011, 04:06 AM
lc87
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
Let's wait and see if GSP gets through Shields.

I am not writing off Shields. His perf against the Dutchman wasn't all too great, but I believe Shields may have just the right kind of mettle to stop GSP.

His cardio is strong, and he's very powerful.

GSP has beaten a lot of guys, but someone has his number. Nobody thought Frankie would beat BJ, or Chael beat AS, but they did (well, Chael mostly did).

I'm with Foxy - I'm on the GSP Hater train and am looking forward to his derailment
Your joking about the cardio right. He looked gassed before the first round was over.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-25-2011, 05:39 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Resulting in the worst fight and biggest waste of time in the history of the UFC.
Nate...you are just being ridiculous.

I realize you don't like either fighter, but I also don't care if it is a 25 minute snooze-fest...it's a big-money fight.

How could you possibly deny how big this fight is for the sport?
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-25-2011, 06:08 AM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,668
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Nate...you are just being ridiculous.

I realize you don't like either fighter, but I also don't care if it is a 25 minute snooze-fest...it's a big-money fight.

How could you possibly deny how big this fight is for the sport?
You really don't care?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-25-2011, 06:14 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
You really don't care?
Nope.

Just like I don't care that the Packers and Steelers are in the Super Bowl and I hate them both. I will still watch, because it's the Super Bowl.

The fact that it's happening is exciting enough for me. I don't try to put high expectations on the athletic process. It's unrealistic, and only sets you up to be let down.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-25-2011, 06:25 AM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,668
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Nope.

Just like I don't care that the Packers and Steelers are in the Super Bowl and I hate them both. I will still watch, because it's the Super Bowl.

The fact that it's happening is exciting enough for me. I don't try to put high expectations on the athletic process. It's unrealistic, and only sets you up to be let down.
This is true...unfortunately. However, I think you already know what the reaction will be if this fight happens and it ends up being a snoozefest.

My only consolation, if this happens, will be if it gets less than 1,000,000 ppv.

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-25-2011, 06:30 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
This is true...unfortunately. However, I think you already know what the reaction will be if this fight happens and it ends up being a snoozefest.

My only consolation, if this happens, will be if it gets less than 1,000,000 ppv.



I highly doubt both of those scenarios, but I've been wrong before.

I think it will be a great fight that does well over 1 million buys.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-25-2011, 12:46 PM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc87 View Post
Your joking about the cardio right. He looked gassed before the first round was over.
That was 1 fight. He's looked better than that before, and he did win anyways. I think Shields is not like to be easily man handled as some of GSP's more recent victims.
__________________


Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.