Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 01-20-2011, 11:57 PM

This doesn't seem that different than Matt saying he just wanted to have fun in his last fight with BJ. I see nothing wrong with Matt's comment and see nothing wrong with BJ's. Doesn't sound like an excuse. They sound like two fighters that have nothing left to prove. They've both proven themselves and are now in it for other reasons. Having fun, showing spirit. Sounds good to me.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:39 AM
wavetar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Pride View Post
This doesn't seem that different than Matt saying he just wanted to have fun in his last fight with BJ. I see nothing wrong with Matt's comment and see nothing wrong with BJ's. Doesn't sound like an excuse. They sound like two fighters that have nothing left to prove. They've both proven themselves and are now in it for other reasons. Having fun, showing spirit. Sounds good to me.
Yeah, but the difference is, Matt's never made lame excuses when he's lost fights, so it's easy to believe he just wants to have fun...'cause you know he's still believing he's gonna kick ass at the same time...that's his fun! With BJ, he's cried wolf too many times on the lame excuse train, so it just sounds bad. There's nothing wrong with his words per se...it's just the assumption that he's once again talking out of his arse.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:42 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
Im not sure if we're on the same page here Vizion but I recently read this on a web site. I'm sorry I dont have a source

Due to the success of the show 1000 ways to die

The creators and writers of the show are in the final stages of negotiations
with Bj Penn's camp, his fans and Bj himself!!!
To make a spin off of the show 1000 Ways to Die Called

"Bj Penn and hes 1000 excuses of why he lost."

Im not a big fan of Bj but I think I might tune in to see the premier.

Based on the paperback autobiography by BJ Penn
Foreward by BJ's mom and Tito Ortiz.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 01-21-2011, 02:24 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavetar View Post
Yeah, but the difference is, Matt's never made lame excuses when he's lost fights, so it's easy to believe he just wants to have fun...'cause you know he's still believing he's gonna kick ass at the same time...that's his fun! With BJ, he's cried wolf too many times on the lame excuse train, so it just sounds bad. There's nothing wrong with his words per se...it's just the assumption that he's once again talking out of his arse.

ding ding ding!!!!! Winner!
Old 01-21-2011, 01:54 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Pride View Post
Such a great post!!
Old 01-21-2011, 03:57 PM
Rev

in the words of our friend JB
"haters"
Old 01-21-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
in the words of our friend JB
"haters"
Who is Hating?
Old 01-21-2011, 04:27 PM
Rev

Whats everyone gonna say when BJ owns this dude? BJ just beat the greatest ww of all time, I think that means that he is real. If that BJ shows up to fight any ww, it's curtains. Now i know the GSPLGD (GSP league of groin defenders) is going to come with all kind of serious "FACT", so I will now sit back and enjoy the show while yall, um, set me straight.

go ahead.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:28 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Whats everyone gonna say when BJ owns this dude? BJ just beat the greatest ww of all time, I think that means that he is real. If that BJ shows up to fight any ww, it's curtains. Now i know the GSPLGD (GSP league of groin defenders) is going to come with all kind of serious "FACT", so I will now sit back and enjoy the show while yall, um, set me straight.

go ahead.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:32 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
I love winning.. btw..
So do I Miss Foxy