Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 01-20-2011, 07:42 PM
Miss Foxy

Default Fight night 24

http://www.bjpenn.com/profiles/blogs...ueira-hardy-vs
A light heavyweight bout between former UFC light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz and Antonio Rogerio Nogueira is now official as the main event for UFC Fight Night 24: Ortiz vs. Nogueira. Also, a welterweight bout between Dan "The Outlaw" Hardy and Anthony "Rumble" Johnson, along with another welterweight bout between The Ultimate Fighter 7 winner Amir Sadollah and Duane "Bang" Ludwig are official for the card.

UFC officials announced the bouts to take place on the March 26th card.

As previously reported, UFC Fight Night 24: Ortiz vs. Nogueira is set to go down on March 26th at Key Arena in Seattle, Washington.

"The Huntington Beach Bad Boy," Ortiz, will enter into the March 26th bout in a must-win situation. In his most recent fights, Ortiz has occurred losses to Chuck Liddell, Lyoto Machida, Forrest Griffin and Matt Hamill, along with one draw with Rashad Evans. Ortiz's last victory came over four years ago, via first round TKO over Ken Shamrock at UFC Ortiz vs. Shamrock 3: The Final Chapter.

"Lil Nog" will come into the fight after having a seven-fight win streak snapped by Ryan Bader via unanimous decision at UFC 119: Mir vs. Cro Cop. Previous to the loss, Nogueira had back-to-back victories in his first two UFC fights with Luiz Cane and Jason Brilz. The win over Cane at UFC 106: Griffin vs. Ortiz 2 gave Nogueira the Knockout of the Night honors. At UFC 114: Rampage vs. Evans, Nogueira and Brilz shared Fight of the Night honors.

The UK native, Hardy, will be looking to get back on the winning track after enduring back-to-back losses to Georges-St-Pierre at UFC 111: St-Pierre vs. Hardy, and Carlos Condit. at UFC 120: Bisping vs. Akiyama. Hardy had rolled off seven consecutive wins before the two recent losses. Though in a losing effort, "The Outlaw" competed for the UFC Welterweight Title in the aforementioned fight against St-Pierre.

Johnson is entering the bout with Hardy after a year and a half out of the Octagon, since losing to Josh Koscheck via submission at UFC 106: Ortiz vs. Griffin 2. "Rumble" was expected to fight John Howard at UFC on Versus 1: Vera vs. Jones, but he had to pull out of the bout due to a knee injury. Johnson has been awarded Knockout of the Night honors with his victory of Kevin Burns at The Ultimate Fighter 8 Finale, along with Fight of the Night honors in his aforementioned bout with Koscheck.

The Brazilian jiu-jitsu purple belt, Sadollah, enters the bout with Ludwig after earning a unanimous decision win over Peter Sobotta at UFC 122: Marquardt vs. Okami. The outcome of the fight allowed Sadollah to successfully rebound from a loss he had previously suffered to Dong Hyun Kim at UFC 114: Rampage vs. Evans. Sadollah has won three of his last four fights, including unanimous decision victories over Phil Baroni, Brad Blackburn and the aforementioned Sobotta.

In his return to the welterweight division, Ludwig defeated Nick Osipczak via split decision at UFC 122. His two previous fights were in the lightweight division, where Ludwig suffered back-to-back losses to Jim Miller at UFC 108: Evans vs. Silva, and Darren Elkins at UFC on Versus: Vera vs. Jones. In his professional MMA career, "Bang" holds a knockout win over former UFC lightweight champion Jens Pulver.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:43 PM
Miss Foxy

Yes!! Amir and Hardy on the same card!! I am all kinds a' happy over here!!
Old 01-21-2011, 05:24 AM
lc87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
I would love to see hardy go to sleep AGAIN!!!!!!
Old 01-21-2011, 06:32 AM
Buc Nasty

Quote:
I thought I was the only Hardy fan on the forum ....... now there are TWO of us!
Old 01-21-2011, 01:52 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post
I thought I was the only Hardy fan on the forum ....... now there are TWO of us!
Word!! I freakin' love Hardy!!!
Old 01-21-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc87 View Post
I would love to see hardy go to sleep AGAIN!!!!!!
After the Gsp loss I became a Hardy fan he showed a lot of heart.

I don't really dislike Hardy but I have to admit that the Carlos Condit knock out was Amazing!!!!
Old 01-25-2011, 05:43 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Word!! I freakin' love Hardy!!!
I got to meet Hardy in Charlotte.. I talked to him for a bit.. he was still sporting the black eye from GSP....REALLY nice guy... looking forward to him fighting Anthony... Not a fan of Rumble.. but he does have some skills.. will be a good test for Dan.

Can't wait for Ortiz to be put to pasture...
Old 01-25-2011, 05:46 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
I got to meet Hardy in Charlotte.. I talked to him for a bit.. he was still sporting the black eye from GSP....REALLY nice guy... looking forward to him fighting Anthony... Not a fan of Rumble.. but he does have some skills.. will be a good test for Dan.

*Lucky* (Napoleon Dynamites voice)
Old 01-25-2011, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post

Damn Dana really wants to get Rid of Ortiz putting him against Nogueira???
He is going to sleep for sure
Old 01-25-2011, 07:48 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
Damn Dana really wants to get Rid of Ortiz putting him against Nogueira???
He is going to sleep for sure
Tito has by far one of the worst stand up games I have ever witnessed. I think my 7yr old Nicholas has a better stance than Tito! Honestly!! I do love wearing his brand though..