Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 01-15-2011, 03:38 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Bonnie, I'm sorry but I gotta burn ya a little on this...

The people who call Silva and GSP boring are not nearly enough to outnumber the casual fans who would immediately drop their plans, and their $50, to see that fight. Not to mention the fact that even most of the flock of fans who call those two boring would still end up buying that fight (which not only makes them haters, but cannibals as well )
Old 01-15-2011, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Bonnie, I'm sorry but I gotta burn ya a little on this...

The people who call Silva and GSP boring are not nearly enough to outnumber the casual fans who would immediately drop their plans, and their $50, to see that fight. Not to mention the fact that even most of the flock of fans who call those two boring would still end up buying that fight (which not only makes them haters, but cannibals as well ).

The only way I see a fight that big getting less than a million buys is if...

1. It's on tape delay
2. A serious incident causes some sort of public backlash
or
3. It just gets HORRIBLY promoted by the UFC.

All three of those scenarios are highly unlikely. The only thing that could really derail the hype behind a fight that big at this point would be if one of the two men loses a fight before they face each other, which is possible.
Hey, I said I could be wrong. And, I'm planning on buying it. Who knows, I might be the one to give him his million! Then you can add insult to my injury and tell me I was wrong.

Just like I'm allowing I could be wrong, I'm allowing you could be too.

Old 01-15-2011, 05:41 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Hey, I said I could be wrong. And, I'm planning on buying it. Who knows, I might be the one to give him his million! Then you can add insult to my injury and tell me I was wrong.

I could be wrong. I won't deny that. I just think it's highly unlikely.

However, like any fight, timing is key. The time to make that fight is right now, and all it takes is one loss by either man to downgrade the value in the short term. It's a big fight no matter what happens, but the longer those two go without losing, the bigger the hype surrounding the fight will be. The UFC would actually have it in their best interest to not feed either man any opponent they truly feel has a chance of winning at this point, but we all know that anything can happen, so it's really just a game of chance the longer they wait to make the super-fight a reality.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:28 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post

I would agree with you, Bonnie. However, I would buy that fight also and I haven't bought a fight with GSP or Silva in a long time now.

But I agree with JB, it has to be soon or it will lose it's appeal.