Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 01-13-2011, 08:50 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
I think the samet way about this bout.
I think it's worth buying though as there are some really good fights on the card. I'm really looking forward for the two in bold. Jones/Bader is good enough to be a main event IMO. Winner of that probably gets a shot at Rua when he comes back.

* Middleweight Championship bout: Anderson Silva (c) vs. Vitor Belfort
* Light Heavyweight bout: Forrest Griffin vs. Rich Franklin
* Welterweight bout: Jake Ellenberger vs. Carlos Eduardo Rocha
* Light Heavyweight bout: Jon Jones vs. Ryan Bader
* Bantamweight bout: Miguel Torres vs. Antonio Banuelos
Old 01-13-2011, 08:51 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
I think it's worth buying though as there are some really good fights on the card. I'm really looking forward for the two in bold. Jones/Bader is good enough to be a main event IMO. Winner of that probably gets a shot at Rua when he comes back.

* Middleweight Championship bout: Anderson Silva (c) vs. Vitor Belfort
* Light Heavyweight bout: Forrest Griffin vs. Rich Franklin
* Welterweight bout: Jake Ellenberger vs. Carlos Eduardo Rocha
* Light Heavyweight bout: Jon Jones vs. Ryan Bader
* Bantamweight bout: Miguel Torres vs. Antonio Banuelos
Im gonna be there in the flesh.. That's my birthday, plus before all the controversy with Chael we were expecting him to fight that day.. Then the 6month suspension...and well you know the rest.. I am now interested mainly in Paul Kelly's fight..
Old 01-13-2011, 08:55 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Im gonna be there in flesh.. That's my birthday, plus before all the controversy with Chael we were expecting him to fight that day.. Then the 6month suspension...and well you know the rest.. I am now interested mainly in Paul Kelly's fight..
Awesome! I hope you have fun. I haven't been to a UFC event as they don't come to TX that often (last TX PPV card wasn't worth going to Houston) but I've been to pro football, baseball, hockey, basketball, and boxing. I'm sure you'll have a blast! Hope you have a good camera to share some photos with us!
Old 01-13-2011, 08:57 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Awesome! I hope you have fun. I haven't been to a UFC event as they don't come to TX that often (last TX PPV card wasn't worth going to Houston) but I've been to pro football, baseball, hockey, basketball, and boxing. I'm sure you'll have a blast! Hope you have a good camera to share some photos with us!
Thanks!! My favorite sporting events are hockey!! OMG I can't express to everyone how entertaining hockey truly is!!
Old 01-13-2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Tell me about it at least you live in San Antonio which is closed to the Houston and Dallas. I live in El Paso the only fighting we ever get is Antonio Escalante every now and then.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Im gonna be there in the flesh.. That's my birthday, plus before all the controversy with Chael we were expecting him to fight that day.. Then the 6month suspension...and well you know the rest.. I am now interested mainly in Paul Kelly's fight..
I would love a picture of Forrest and Miss Foxy
Old 01-13-2011, 10:17 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I would love a picture of Forrest and Miss Foxy
Lol. I will try.. Poor Forrest I don't root for him, but ok!! I will try!
Old 01-14-2011, 02:03 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Thanks!! My favorite sporting events are hockey!! OMG I can't express to everyone how entertaining hockey truly is!!
Yeah, there's nothing better than watching a pro or semi-pro hockey game! It's funny when you tell people how cool it is (especially anywhere in the south) and they look at you with a weird look on their face, yet, they'll go watch a boring Spurs game

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
Tell me about it at least you live in San Antonio which is closed to the Houston and Dallas. I live in El Paso the only fighting we ever get is Antonio Escalante every now and then.
Yeah, El Paso is really isolated for being such a large city. At least you have a Gracie BJJ camp there
Old 01-14-2011, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Yeah, there's nothing better than watching a pro or semi-pro hockey game! It's funny when you tell people how cool it is (especially anywhere in the south) and they look at you with a weird look on their face, yet, they'll go watch a boring Spurs game

Yeah, El Paso is really isolated for being such a large city. At least you have a Gracie BJJ camp there
I love El Paso I can't complain. I took a road trip to San Antonio to see Yngwie Malmsteen and Ripper Owens Play at some little bar and I fell in love with San Antonio. I really liked it
I went to the IMAX and I loved it we dont have one here so I was excited.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:15 PM
cubsfan47

Quote:
I think the samet way about this bout.
I won't buy this PPV. I agree with both of you. Also, times are still hard, and the budget is tight.