Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 01-10-2011, 05:32 PM
Chris F

Default Fight Night Champion 3-1-11

http://www.ea.com/fight-night/videos...001165140aRCRD

Looks different that is for sure. A story? sure hope it still has great boxing. Still looking to see the roster if tieven has one. Anyone else planning to get it? JB?
Old 01-10-2011, 06:13 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

I'm getting it the day it comes out.

The boxing is gonna be the same, with a slight alteration to the TSC from past fight nights. The story looks cool, and I trust EA will do a better job on the delivery than 2K did when they made Don King Prizefighter and gave it a "story" based career mode.

I saw a roster list a while back, and it's pretty much the same as FNR 4, but a few new guys. Here is a short video that reveals some of the roster. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfA4o-QkqzU

Sadly, still no Mayweather...
Old 01-11-2011, 05:44 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I'm getting it the day it comes out.

The boxing is gonna be the same, with a slight alteration to the TSC from past fight nights. The story looks cool, and I trust EA will do a better job on the delivery than 2K did when they made Don King Prizefighter and gave it a "story" based career mode.

I saw a roster list a while back, and it's pretty much the same as FNR 4, but a few new guys. Here is a short video that reveals some of the roster. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfA4o-QkqzU

Sadly, still no Mayweather...
I have the 2K game and it is very ify at best. Not any good fighters either. I cannot afford this till it is arounf 20 bucka dn even then it may have to wait till Christmas or something. Thanks for the link man,
Old 01-11-2011, 05:55 PM
Chris F

Found the roster. I still cannot believe they do not have Ray Mancini but they do have Butterbean? come on now. And I am surprised no Ward either. And they got rid of Jake Lamotta. Must not like Italians. I only saw 2. Also glad they added Arreola thay will drive my wife nuts.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:53 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
Found the roster. I still cannot believe they do not have Ray Mancini but they do have Butterbean? come on now. And I am surprised no Ward either. And they got rid of Jake Lamotta. Must not like Italians. I only saw 2. Also glad they added Arreola thay will drive my wife nuts.
I believe Mancini is licensed in the 2k game. You need to unlock him though by playing through the game in career mode. There is actually a lot of cool fighters in Prizefighter, but not as many as EA.

It all comes down to licensing really. Butterbean has been involved in the series since the Knockout Kings era, so he was probably easy to get on board. I'm surprised they didn't retain Ward or Lamotta too.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:27 AM
Chris F

Quote:
I believe Mancini is licensed in the 2k game. You need to unlock him though by playing through the game in career mode. There is actually a lot of cool fighters in Prizefighter, but not as many as EA.

It all comes down to licensing really. Butterbean has been involved in the series since the Knockout Kings era, so he was probably easy to get on board. I'm surprised they didn't retain Ward or Lamotta too.
must not got that far in prizefighter yet. guess I will need to get boxing.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:23 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Demo is supposed to be available tomorrow:

http://www.facebook.com/easportsfightnight
Old 02-13-2011, 03:45 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

I just downloaded the demo this weekend with my buddies, and we honestly feel like this may not only be the best boxing game ever created, but maybe the best fighting game period. Obviously we gotta wait to take it all it all in after it comes out, but all I can say is wow. The camera angles and animations are just wicked, and it's definitely just a fun game to play. The demo only has 4 fighters; Ali, Tyson, Pacquiao, and Cotto, and you can only fight a 3 round fight. Still, the gameplay is very addictive and I can't wait for the full version to drop on March 1st.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:09 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
I just downloaded the demo this weekend with my buddies, and we honestly feel like this may not only be the best boxing game ever created, but maybe the best fighting game period. Obviously we gotta wait to take it all it all in after it comes out, but all I can say is wow. The camera angles and animations are just wicked, and it's definitely just a fun game to play. The demo only has 4 fighters; Ali, Tyson, Pacquiao, and Cotto, and you can only fight a 3 round fight. Still, the gameplay is very addictive and I can't wait for the full version to drop on March 1st.
No Way!

Street Fighter II Ultra Turbo Kick Your Momma In The Head While Your Dad Goes Out Looking For Prostitutes and Drugs As Little Jimmy Cries In the Corner Because He Doesn't Have a Loving Family So He Later in Life Becomes Addicted to Crack and Gets AIDS then Passes Them Onto Another Prostitute Who Then Passes It Onto Another Deadbeat Dad Who Ruins Another Child's Life and the Whole Process Just Becomes One Vicious Cycle of Sad People Wandering the Earth In Need of Love and Family while Passing AIDS to other Losers Over and Over Super Duper Edition is the best game ever!

It is impossible to top the story line or game play from that edition of Street Fighter II.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:01 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
No Way!

Street Fighter II Ultra Turbo Kick Your Momma In The Head While Your Dad Goes Out Looking For Prostitutes and Drugs As Little Jimmy Cries In the Corner Because He Doesn't Have a Loving Family So He Later in Life Becomes Addicted to Crack and Gets AIDS then Passes Them Onto Another Prostitute Who Then Passes It Onto Another Deadbeat Dad Who Ruins Another Child's Life and the Whole Process Just Becomes One Vicious Cycle of Sad People Wandering the Earth In Need of Love and Family while Passing AIDS to other Losers Over and Over Super Duper Edition is the best game ever!

It is impossible to top the story line or game play from that edition of Street Fighter II.
This game got an "M" rating because of it's story mode, so the jury is still out I guess....