Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 01-13-2011, 12:31 PM
Buc Nasty

Yeah, Heroes season one was brilliant but it went downhill after that. Could have been such a good show but they kept watering down the characters and had way too much Claire/Noah crap in every episode.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:51 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Heroes got too crazy. I think it went in the same direction as LOST. Once they started time travelling, the whole show became pointless.
Thats when I stopped watching Lost, after missing an episode I was baffled by what exactly was going on.

The Cape seemed like a bad Batman Dark Knight rip off, way to many similarities between both pictures scenes.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Thats when I stopped watching Lost, after missing an episode I was baffled by what exactly was going on.

The Cape seemed like a bad Batman Dark Knight rip off, way to many similarities between both pictures scenes.
I agree that they borrowed too much from The Dark Knight. But I do think that, beyond that, the concept of the show is good. Agreed that it can be better, but we'll see what happens.

As for Heroes, every season one episode after 4 was awesome. Every season after that was bad. Tim Kringle didn't know what he was doing, and started writing gimmicks rather than stories. He thought that building up the tension twice as long (eight episodes for Season 2 to get its story going versus four in Season 1). The Cape seems to be on a better track, but I hope the stories become a little more punchy fast-paced.

If it doesn't last, at least we had a decent mid-season replacement than yet another sitcom involving smart-mouthed kids and stupid parents. Or single middle-aged women complaining about their relationships.