Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 01-06-2011, 08:55 PM
que

Default BJ Penn learning how to box with Floyd Mayweather Sr.

PC: That's a good deal man. I'm glad to hear that. My phone has been blowing up because word got out that you are working with UFC lightweight/welterweight BJ Penn. How did that come about?

FM: Well, you know his strength and conditioning coach is Robert Garcia. Robert was Oscar's strength coach when I was with him, so he brought BJ down and we doing some stuff together. He was only supposed to be down here for a week, but he said he's learning so much that he's gonna stay two. If they really want to win this thing and look good, I would like to have him for 3 to 4 weeks, but trust me…the stuff I'm showing him in these 2 weeks will work if he uses it; trust me.

PC: How is the chemistry so far?

FM: BJ Penn is a cool dude man. I'll be honest, at first, it didn't seem like he could fight that good. I mean, I don't know about his ground game and all of that stuff, but he's got some pop and in just the 3 days I've been working with him, he has improved man. In his words, man, he told me, "I ain't never seen some of this stuff you're showing me man." And that's only after 3 days. BJ is learning fast man. He's a good guy.

PC: His next opponent is Jon Fitch, who is a wrestler and will have a height and size advantage…

FM: (Cutting in) Yeah, I heard he is about 6 foot tall and cuts a good bit of weight to make 170 pounds, but guess what? If BJ throws his shots the way I got him throwing his shots, he will win. See, those guys throwing shots different than the way we do it, so I'm teaching BJ how to keep it standing and be effective. Let me tell you something man, if he uses it, then it will work.

entire interview: http://www.MixedMartialArts.com/news...Mayweather-Sr/
Old 01-06-2011, 09:28 PM
Buc Nasty

Here's a funny video.

http://www.bjpenn.com/video/training-with-master-floyd
Old 01-06-2011, 09:36 PM

Just when I thought Mayweather Sr. couldn't go any lower

*excuse number one: BJ could have beaten Fitch but he suffered an injury to his hand because he was training with Mayweather Sr.*
Old 01-07-2011, 12:26 AM
sasquatch

Cool, I want to see his next fight, I didn't see his fights with Frankie, I heard he got whooped though, hopefully he comes back stronger.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:15 AM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post

*excuse number one: BJ could have beaten Fitch but he suffered an injury to his hand because he was training with Mayweather Sr.*
Troll in another thread Javi!! Grrrrr
Old 01-07-2011, 01:27 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:

LOL, yeah, after BJ loses, you'll hear him pointing the finger at BJ. "He didn't do what I told him to do. I told him to....blah blah blah." Would be funny if Roach started training Fitch in boxing just to get under Floyd Sr's skin and get another victory on him
Old 01-07-2011, 03:16 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:

there is only going to be one excuse here "i didn't lose that fight, look at me face, i got humped for 3 rounds ... is this ultimate fighting or ultimate wrestling"

LOL ... fitch should be able to handle BJ's stand up and get him down ... for some reason i want BJ to win this ... i don't know why ...
Old 01-07-2011, 03:43 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
there is only going to be one excuse here "i didn't lose that fight, look at me face, i got humped for 3 rounds ... is this ultimate fighting or ultimate wrestling"

LOL ... fitch should be able to handle BJ's stand up and get him down ... for some reason i want BJ to win this ... i don't know why ...
Old 01-07-2011, 03:48 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
LOL, yeah, after BJ loses, you'll hear him pointing the finger at BJ. "He didn't do what I told him to do. I told him to....blah blah blah." Would be funny if Roach started training Fitch in boxing just to get under Floyd Sr's skin and get another victory on him
It would probably be true too.

Hatton led with his chin after already getting lit up by Pacquiao. That, and the fact that Hatton was always a mediocre boxer with a drug and alcohol problem are not Floyd Sr's fault.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post

Come on bro you dont mean that! Take it back