Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 01-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Default Marcus Davis cut from the UFC

This one kinda BLOW!!!!!! I always like Marcus!!!

Marcus Davis cut from the UFC after Jan. 1 loss to Jeremy Stephens

And his manager, Joe Cavallaro, tells MMA Fighting that the 38-year-old former boxer and "Ultimate Fighter" will be back:

"I spoke to Marcus and he'd dedicated. He felt good in the fight. He retained his power. It's one thing if he looked like s---, we might be having a different conversation. But this is what he does, and he can't wait to get back in there again."

Despite being rocked early in their UFC 125: "Resolution" fight, hard-hitting lightweight Jeremy Stephens roared back to stop "The Irish Hand Grenade" via knockout in the third round back on Jan. 1 to send Davis to his fourth loss in his last five fights. Can the former welterweight get back on his horse and make some noise on the regional circuit? Or have we seen the last of the grizzled veteran?

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/1/6/191...eremy-stephens
Old 01-06-2011, 08:44 PM
wavetar

I like Marcus, but it's no surprise...the guy frequently gets beat in the striking department...not good for an ex-boxer!!
Old 01-06-2011, 09:41 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavetar View Post
I like Marcus, but it's no surprise...the guy frequently gets beat in the striking department...not good for an ex-boxer!!
Pretty much what I was thinking as well.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:28 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Yeah, it's kinda weird to see that he's always getting outpunched by his opponents. Like him, but would like to have seen him get another shot at 155 before they cut him. I think he would school Danzig.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:19 PM
rearnakedchoke

never liked the guy .... but hopefully he gets a shot in another org, can string some wins along and make it to the big show again ...
Old 01-09-2011, 07:51 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

I met him at the UFC 120 Fan Expo....I guess he wont be signing autographs again at one of those in the near future... its funny...because I didnt like him much...but he's a major loss IMHO maybe not at 155lbs...but he maybe shouldnt have moved weight

nevermind im over it