Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 01-08-2011, 09:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
For someone to believe in God yet still reject him is an odd occurance indeed... He's too concerned with his flesh... wayyyy too concerned. He needs to worry about his soul.
Not that odd at all, the ancient Jews did it all the time. In fact, they say GOD's miracles with their own eyes and actually heard his voice with their ears and they still rejected GOD. Satan stood in GOD's presence and still rejected Him.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:07 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
My advice would be to let him vent and continue to demonstrate GOD's love to him through your actions. Whatever you do, don't judge or condemn what he is saying. Just let him get it out. If you have an instance in your life where you've ever felt the same way, then share that with him. Do you ever talk with this guy in person, or is all of your correspondence through emails?

He's not ready to hear any of this yet, but there are some very unbiblical complaints that are probably the source of his anger with GOD:

Yes, you are. We all are. If you weren't a bad person then Christ's death would have been unnecessary and we would have no need for Salvation. The concept of "good people" is nothing more than a Satanic deception. The Bible is very clear that, with the exception of Jesus Christ Himself, there is no such thing as a "good person."

Anyone who thinks that being a Christian, or being religious, or going to church makes them a good person is being very Pharisaical in their beliefs.

Sounds like this guy has some idolatry issues in his life that GOD is resolving and your friend is resisting that. However, the good news is that anger is usually the first symptom of the conviction of the Holy Spirit. So, GOD hasn't abandoned him, in fact his anger and frustration is proof that GOD loves him and is actively working in his life.
I really needed to read that.. Thanks..
Old 01-08-2011, 10:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
I really needed to read that.. Thanks..
No problem. One thing that I have learned is that when you are confronting someone about some sin in their life, if their first response is anger, then that means that they are being convicted by the Holy Spirit. So I never take it personally if that person lashes out at me, they can't help it.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
I think is some cases we don't get the answer we want, in the form that we want, so we don't recognize God's answers.
This was my first thought as well.

Miss Foxy also gave good advice, it's probably a comfort just knowing he has a friend who cares enough to listen.

I hope it all works out, Vizion.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:42 AM

Vizion, is he sick? If so, maybe fear is behind his frustration and anger at what he perceives as GOD's silence to his prayers.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
I think is some cases we don't get the answer we want, in the form that we want, so we don't recognize God's answers.

Also to look for the blessings that God has given him.

Perhaps your friendship and support are one of God's subtle answers to his prayers.
I agree with these things you've said, Mark. I think more often than not, God rarely answers our prayers in the way we think He will or in a specific way we want Him to, but He does answer them. God knows better than us what we need and how/when to provide it.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Not that odd at all, the ancient Jews did it all the time. In fact, they say GOD's miracles with their own eyes and actually heard his voice with their ears and they still rejected GOD. Satan stood in GOD's presence and still rejected Him.
I suppose your right...

I guess it's just difficult for me to imagine being in the presence of God and still denying him...

I've waited my whole life to meet him I mean what an experience... How do you not fall on your knee's in front of him.