Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 01-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Hughes fanboy

Default A friend of mine rejecting God

Guys - a friend of mine sent me this email. He's been very angry with God of late and I have been counseling him via email.

Please help me figure out how compose a response to this. His troubles are not specific to me either. I just know he is hurting and feels God has turned his back on him.

EMAIL -

about God. Im tired of his ways on doing things, I know He is perfect! but Im not, he got all the time, Im not. he is inmortal, I'm Dying here. I get sick! and he doesn't care about it! I been praying for so long! 7 years now, and he DOn't answere, So, I'm tired, i don't mean to pray one more time. If he don't care about my Flesh! I don't care about his will.
I'm Not a bad person! and I see how bad people got what I want. (aparently) but make me MAD. IM NOT JOB and he knows that.

I'm sincere! please don't tell me about put my faith on Him! I did it In 2 personal things! that he knows is the more important to me! he didnt answere. thats enought probe that HE don't Care.
Don't pray for me, If he didn't listen me! what make you thing he is going to listen to you about my PROblems.

Im not going to waste my time on that.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 01-06-2011, 05:14 PM
Miss Foxy

Be a friend and let him/her vent..Sometimes all people need or want is someone to hear them out regardless of what non-sense they are talking..
Old 01-06-2011, 05:48 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
Guys - a friend of mine sent me this email. He's been very angry with God of late and I have been counseling him via email.

Please help me figure out how compose a response to this. His troubles are not specific to me either. I just know he is hurting and feels God has turned his back on him.

EMAIL -

about God. Im tired of his ways on doing things, I know He is perfect! but Im not, he got all the time, Im not. he is inmortal, I'm Dying here. I get sick! and he doesn't care about it! I been praying for so long! 7 years now, and he DOn't answere, So, I'm tired, i don't mean to pray one more time. If he don't care about my Flesh! I don't care about his will.
I'm Not a bad person! and I see how bad people got what I want. (aparently) but make me MAD. IM NOT JOB and he knows that.

I'm sincere! please don't tell me about put my faith on Him! I did it In 2 personal things! that he knows is the more important to me! he didnt answere. thats enought probe that HE don't Care.
Don't pray for me, If he didn't listen me! what make you thing he is going to listen to you about my PROblems.

doesnt sound like he's rejecting GOD...sounds like he's pissed off with GOD....you can answer the question "what make you thing he is going to listen to you" So this person recognises there is a perfect GOD dispite the fact he feels that GOD doesnt care.

First we must recognise that if we are saved, we do have eternity, and secondly, who cares about the body so long as the soul is saved, we get a ressurectional body for the heavenly realm. Thirdly If GOD hasnt answered, then he has not infact said No...he just hasnt said yes yet...I would rather GOD keep silent then say No. Finally...do we trust that GOD knows best or not? He is a King...we are the Subject....threatening to never speak to him again wont make him change his mind...further more...this person is upset because GOD supposely ignores him...would he really do that in return to GOD? He has become distressed, why would he wish to inflict what he feels on anyone else?

Finally, there is always hope. This guy cant rule out the possibility that tommorow GOD might answer him. Thus proof is never forth coming...because it always is a case of...he might answer tommorow, until there is no tommorow, there is always that hope...and therefore there is no proof GOD doesnt care. This seven years deadline is an excuse to give up. Why give up when praying takes no effort? is it really that difficult to pray the same thing each day for seven years?? So why not keep going until either GOD replies, or he dies and can ask him personally in the flesh

My Advise

Tell him to read the book of Job
Old 01-06-2011, 07:02 PM

I think is some cases we don't get the answer we want, in the form that we want, so we don't recognize God's answers. I've been quilty of these accussations in the past and present.
When he speaks of bad people getting things, I would assure him that what others may obtain on earth is not even comparable to what he will be given in Heaven. Also to look for the blessings that God has given him. There are a lot of wealthy, healthy people out therer who have no one to really talk to. They don't have friends who will seek help in counselling them. Perhaps your friendship and support are one of God's subtle answers to his prayers.
I'm not sure what all is going on in his life but whether he decides to continue praying or not I will do so.
Thanks for sharing this.

[
Old 01-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Chris F

Vizion- I have been where your friend is and blamed God for all the bad things that happened to me etc etc. If his soul is rooted in Christ he will come around. The best thing yo can do is weep with those who weep and rejoice with those who rejoice. Find some similar stories of trial in scripture and in real life if you can. I wish I had my bok published I send you a copy for him. It is a deviotinal I wrote when I had cancer and it is filled with verse fitting for this circumstance. Just be there man and he will come around.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:08 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Finally, there is always hope. This guy cant rule out the possibility that tommorow GOD might answer him. Thus proof is never forth coming...because it always is a case of...he might answer tommorow, until there is no tommorow, there is always that hope...and therefore there is no proof GOD doesnt care. This seven years deadline is an excuse to give up. Why give up when praying takes no effort? is it really that difficult to pray the same thing each day for seven years?? So why not keep going until either GOD replies, or he dies and can ask him personally in the flesh
I'm going to tell him that in my next reply. He hasn't gotten back on the first. Thanks Dave.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:10 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
Vizion- I have been where your friend is and blamed God for all the bad things that happened to me etc etc. If his soul is rooted in Christ he will come around. The best thing yo can do is weep with those who weep and rejoice with those who rejoice. Find some similar stories of trial in scripture and in real life if you can. I wish I had my bok published I send you a copy for him. It is a deviotinal I wrote when I had cancer and it is filled with verse fitting for this circumstance. Just be there man and he will come around.
Yea thanks - I needed to hear that. I've been feeling angry with the things he has been saying about God. I told him I will always be there for him - tough part is he lives in a foreign country and I only know him through email as part of an online ministry I do.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:12 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
I think is some cases we don't get the answer we want, in the form that we want, so we don't recognize God's answers. I've been quilty of these accussations in the past and present.
When he speaks of bad people getting things, I would assure him that what others may obtain on earth is not even comparable to what he will be given in Heaven. Also to look for the blessings that God has given him. There are a lot of wealthy, healthy people out therer who have no one to really talk to. They don't have friends who will seek help in counselling them. Perhaps your friendship and support are one of God's subtle answers to his prayers.
I'm not sure what all is going on in his life but whether he decides to continue praying or not I will do so.
Thanks for sharing this.
Yea he's a very talented person, and he should be thankful since this is a gift - a provision from God - I'm going to mention that to him

Old 01-08-2011, 07:19 PM
Crisco

For someone to believe in God yet still reject him is an odd occurance indeed... He's too concerned with his flesh... wayyyy too concerned. He needs to worry about his soul.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post

EMAIL -

My advice would be to let him vent and continue to demonstrate GOD's love to him through your actions. Whatever you do, don't judge or condemn what he is saying. Just let him get it out. If you have an instance in your life where you've ever felt the same way, then share that with him. Do you ever talk with this guy in person, or is all of your correspondence through emails?

He's not ready to hear any of this yet, but there are some very unbiblical complaints that are probably the source of his anger with GOD:

Quote:
I'm Not a bad person!
Yes, you are. We all are. If you weren't a bad person then Christ's death would have been unnecessary and we would have no need for Salvation. The concept of "good people" is nothing more than a Satanic deception. The Bible is very clear that, with the exception of Jesus Christ Himself, there is no such thing as a "good person."

Anyone who thinks that being a Christian, or being religious, or going to church makes them a good person is being very Pharisaical in their beliefs.

Quote:
I did it In 2 personal things! that he knows is the more important to me! he didnt answere. thats enought probe that HE don't Care.
Sounds like this guy has some idolatry issues in his life that GOD is resolving and your friend is resisting that. However, the good news is that anger is usually the first symptom of the conviction of the Holy Spirit. So, GOD hasn't abandoned him, in fact his anger and frustration is proof that GOD loves him and is actively working in his life.