Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-04-2011, 11:37 AM
wavetar
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default GSP vs Shields in Toronto is a go...

http://www.tsn.ca/mma/story/?id=347856

Looks like they still need to dot the 'I's and cross the 'T's, but it's on for UFC 129. Dana needed a big match since Velasquez vs Dos Santos has been sidelined.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-04-2011, 02:19 PM
adamt adamt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,511
Default

i like shields but the poor guy is gonna get the tar whipped out of him
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-04-2011, 03:09 PM
Country Breakfast
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
i like shields but the poor guy is gonna get the tar whipped out of him

Yeah, I think Koscheck was more of a threat to GSP than Shields is.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-04-2011, 03:12 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Shields is tough, but he has to get GSP to the ground .. if he gets him there, can he keep him there? can he sub him there? can he set up the takedowns with good enough stand-up? i don't think he can do any of these ... gsp was able to stuff most of kos' takedowns ... gsp via beatdown ...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-04-2011, 04:01 PM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
Shields is tough, but he has to get GSP to the ground .. if he gets him there, can he keep him there? can he sub him there? can he set up the takedowns with good enough stand-up? i don't think he can do any of these ... gsp was able to stuff most of kos' takedowns ... gsp via beatdown ...
I agree. This type of mediocre competition is hurting him and hes chances of beating Anderson when they finally fight. If they fight?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-04-2011, 04:30 PM
CAVEMAN
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

After Shield's, who is the UFC going to get? Georges is running out of competition.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-04-2011, 04:36 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Oh goodness.. Another gsp thread..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-04-2011, 04:51 PM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Oh goodness.. Another gsp thread..

Isn't it weird that the Threads that get the more action are The threads of Miss Foxy bashing GSP , J.B Bashing Sonnen and Everyone except Miss Foxy bashing B.J Penn oh and some BJ'S PJ'S guy?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-04-2011, 04:53 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post

Isn't it weird that the Threads that get the more action are The threads of Miss Foxy bashing GSP , J.B Bashing Sonnen and Everyone except Miss Foxy bashing B.J Penn oh and some BJ'S PJ'S guy?
Or Chris F, Bradwright, Spiritwalkers threads!!!!! You left that group out!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-04-2011, 05:32 PM
JohnnyB
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

My guess, based on things I've heard, is that if GSP beats Shields, and Anderson beats Belfort, the superfight would be next on the list...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.