Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 12-30-2010, 10:29 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNESSEAN View Post
im going to check and see. ive been looking for games on tv the last few weeks and haven't seen it.

ive caught a few nhl games this week, its easy to see that the Preds are very average at best, but man they play hard. i can get behind them win or loss as long as i see them putting up a good fight.

tues night Dallas just plan had us outclassed, but the preds worked hard from buzzer to buzzer.

their playing the blackhawks on the 15th im going to that one for sure
let me know if you get to watch the American juniors play...i would be interested in what you would think of that for sure.

the US plays tonight at 7pm and tomorrow night at 8 pm....not sure but i think both times might be eastern but both will be broadcast on the NHL network USA.

Last edited by bradwright; 12-30-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:45 AM
LESS TALK MORE ACTION

nope, looks like i get sports south, out of atlanta instead of tsn. i dont get the nhl network either.

im watching nhl overtime on vs now they are covering the highlights.

very cool
Old 01-01-2011, 07:24 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
yes it was very good indeed ! and my hats off to the Americans for their win last year !

the thing a lot of people dont realize is players that make up the different national teams are actually team mates of a lot of the players that they face from all of the opposing countries.
its kinda like Olympic hockey but just much better hockey to watch over all.

by the way it seems NHL hockey USA covers all of the American teams games.
do yourself a favor and try to watch a game if you could...you wont regret it.
I don't get them on tv here, I watched one of the team canada games on the internet though, but when the US has played, I haven't been home to stream it....I like watching it because its good hockey overall, but these guys are the future, I like watching guys and see how it benefits their careers at the pro level....I pay the mmost attention to the hawks players of course(Olsen, Morin, and Leddy) but I like watching everyone

2007 WJC, I was excited about Toews being drafted before that because I had seen him at UND, but that tourney, especially his 3 goals in the SO in the semis against the US really made me stoked to see him in a hawks sweater...and he has not disappointed one bit
Old 01-01-2011, 09:38 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21 View Post
I don't get them on tv here, I watched one of the team canada games on the internet though, but when the US has played, I haven't been home to stream it....I like watching it because its good hockey overall, but these guys are the future, I like watching guys and see how it benefits their careers at the pro level....I pay the mmost attention to the hawks players of course(Olsen, Morin, and Leddy) but I like watching everyone

2007 WJC, I was excited about Toews being drafted before that because I had seen him at UND, but that tourney, especially his 3 goals in the SO in the semis against the US really made me stoked to see him in a hawks sweater...and he has not disappointed one bit
yes there have been some very good players come out of this tourney to play in the NHL thats for sure.

Canada got kicked yesterday by Sweden so they play Slovakia in the Quarters tomorrow.

the US won there game yesterday and now they wait for the winner of the Canada/Slovakia Game and that game go's Monday sometime.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:52 PM
bradwright

USA vs Canada tonight at 7pm eastern time.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:04 AM
matthughesfan21

^^^I don't get it on tv here, so for those of you who want to watch it, but can't, channelsurfing.net has streams availabel, scroll down and look for IIHF
Old 01-04-2011, 01:36 AM
rearnakedchoke

3-0 good guys
Old 01-04-2011, 09:12 PM
bradwright

the Canadians knocked off the Americans 4-1....good game though.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:43 PM
cubsfan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Welcome to the world of hockey!! Come to the right team though!! Los Angeles KINGS!!
Sydney Crosby and the Penguins.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:18 PM
bradwright

well it was quite a day....the USA beat Sweden to win the bronze.
and Russia beat Canada to win the gold leaving Canada with the silver.

good games all around....looking forward to next year.