Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 12-29-2010, 11:29 PM
bradwright

Default The World Juniors

is anybody besides me watching ?
Old 12-29-2010, 11:38 PM
bradwright

would it help you get motivated to watch if i told you the Americans are the defending champs and are also considered to be the favorites this year as well ?

let me just say this is the purest form of hockey anyone could ever see because these young guys dont play to get paid in this thing....they only play for the pride of their respective countries and its amazing to watch.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:07 PM
LESS TALK MORE ACTION

I'm a new comer to hockey. my boss got me tickets to a Nashville Predators game a couple of weeks ago and i love it. i went to a game Tuesday and hope to go back sun.

the world juniors isnt on in TN, I cant watch
Old 12-30-2010, 05:09 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNESSEAN View Post
I'm a new comer to hockey. my boss got me tickets to a Nashville Predators game a couple of weeks ago and i love it. i went to a game Tuesday and hope to go back sun.

Welcome to the world of hockey!! Come to the right team though!! Los Angeles KINGS!!
Old 12-30-2010, 05:25 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNESSEAN View Post

thats to bad that you cant watch any of the games because believe me when i say if you liked the predators game you would love watching the world juniors play ! !

the games are broadcast live on TSN ( thats our sports network here in Canada in case no one knows ) and i would have thought all your cable companies would carry that station...if for no other reason other then it being free or relatively inexspensive.

i'm actually surprised to hear there is no coverage in the US because this year the tourney is being played in Buffalo NY.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:34 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
is anybody besides me watching ?
Of course
Old 12-30-2010, 05:35 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
would it help you get motivated to watch if i told you the Americans are the defending champs and are also considered to be the favorites this year as well ?

let me just say this is the purest form of hockey anyone could ever see because these young guys dont play to get paid in this thing....they only play for the pride of their respective countries and its amazing to watch.
Yep, some guys were playing at the NHL level and left to play in the tourney, all about pride...last year's WJC was amazing though
Old 12-30-2010, 05:41 PM
County Mike

Old 12-30-2010, 05:59 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21 View Post
Yep, some guys were playing at the NHL level and left to play in the tourney, all about pride...last year's WJC was amazing though
yes it was very good indeed ! and my hats off to the Americans for their win last year !

the thing a lot of people dont realize is players that make up the different national teams are actually team mates of a lot of the players that they face from all of the opposing countries.
its kinda like Olympic hockey but just much better hockey to watch over all.

by the way it seems NHL hockey USA covers all of the American teams games.
do yourself a favor and try to watch a game if you could...you wont regret it.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:12 PM
LESS TALK MORE ACTION

Quote:
thats to bad that you cant watch any of the games because believe me when i say if you liked the predators game you would love watching the world juniors play ! !

the games are broadcast live on TSN ( thats our sports network here in Canada in case no one knows ) and i would have thought all your cable companies would carry that station...if for no other reason other then it being free or relatively inexspensive.

i'm actually surprised to hear there is no coverage in the US because this year the tourney is being played in Buffalo NY.
im going to check and see. ive been looking for games on tv the last few weeks and haven't seen it.

ive caught a few nhl games this week, its easy to see that the Preds are very average at best, but man they play hard. i can get behind them win or loss as long as i see them putting up a good fight.

tues night Dallas just plan had us outclassed, but the preds worked hard from buzzer to buzzer.

their playing the blackhawks on the 15th im going to that one for sure