Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-07-2009, 03:54 PM
kevint13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
I'd imagine Brock is still going to fight. It'd be nice to see him destroy Kongo so Kongo will shutup about a title shot.
Kongo fights in April, so I doubt it will be him. Plus he may lose to Hardonk, that won't be an easy fight.
Old 03-07-2009, 04:01 PM

There is certainly enough time right now for someon else to step in and get a proper camp for the fight.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:14 PM
lc87

Mir himself now told mma weekly its off. He said itd take 4-6 weeks for the knee to heal. Which would be mid april at the 6 week mark. Which would still leave about 5 weeks of training.

But he said in the iinterview that he wants them to push it back a couple ppvs. Or if they just swapped main events from 99 and 98 I don't know how well that would work out but its a solution.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:25 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc87
Mir himself now told mma weekly its off. He said itd take 4-6 weeks for the knee to heal. Which would be mid april at the 6 week mark. Which would still leave about 5 weeks of training.

But he said in the iinterview that he wants them to push it back a couple ppvs. Or if they just swapped main events from 99 and 98 I don't know how well that would work out but its a solution.
http://www.cagepotato.com/update-fra...r-fight-ufc-98

Yeah, I sort of have to believe the fighter when he says he won't be fighting lol
Old 03-07-2009, 06:41 PM
mikthehick

so does this mean that the Hughes fight will be the headliner????!!!!
Old 03-07-2009, 06:54 PM
lc87

He's bailed them out before when they called and needed a main event.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:37 PM
lc87

From http://mmafighting.com/news/2009/03/...ounced-tonight

The UFC will announce a new main event for UFC 98 during tonight's pay-per-view broadcast of UFC 96 "Jackson vs. Jardine," MMAFighting.com has learned.

UFC 98, which happens Saturday, May 23 in Las Vegas, was scheduled to be headlined by an undisputed heavyweight title bout between interim champ Frank Mir and champ Brock Lesnar, but Mir suffered a knee injury that will push the fight to sometime in the summer.*

Instead of finding a replacement for Lesnar and possibly jeopardizing the Lesnar vs. Mir 2 fight, the UFC has decided on a new headling bout.

After reading this my guess for the new main event is either rashads title on the line vs machida and then let rampage have the next shot at it if he wins or alves gsp at 98 then replace it with lesner mir at 100.

Last edited by lc87; 03-07-2009 at 08:04 PM.