Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 12-23-2010, 07:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
But being homosexual isn't destructive...
I would disagree with that. Homosexuals are much more likely to suffer from depression, alcoholism, drug abuse, and attempt suicide than heterosexuals. Even in countries where gays are almost completely accepted as normal and allowed to marry.

But, it's not only destructive to them, it's destructive to society as a whole.

Quote:
What about the various doctors that say that is isn't a mental disorder? Have any of us ever asked our own doctors about that? I haven't. I have a physical in 2 months.. this could be a good discussion...
Well, if a doctor wants to continue to practice medicine, then he or she will keep their opinions about homosexuality to themselves. Why do you think that psychologists stopped treating homosexuality as a mental disorder in 1973? Was it because of overwhelming scientific evidence to the contrary? No, it was because they would lose their license if they failed to conform to the political pressure.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:

But being homosexual isn't destructive...

neither is beastiality or incest

unless you consider disintegrating morale and morals destructive

i don't want to serve with a sheeplover either
Old 12-23-2010, 08:08 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I would disagree with that. Homosexuals are much more likely to suffer from depression, alcoholism, drug abuse, and attempt suicide than heterosexuals. Even in countries where gays are almost completely accepted as normal and allowed to marry.

Would you agree that the VAST majority of those cases are normally caused by those that refuse to tolerate the differences between them (the homosexual) and the people around them? Persecution and such? Bullying..

Quote:
But, it's not only destructive to them, it's destructive to society as a whole.
Why? If you are referring to a Christian society I can understand that... But society (in general) changes... a stagnet society is a dead society ...
Old 12-23-2010, 08:11 PM

It ALL comes back to truth, what is truth?

does adamt decide truth?

does nater decide what is right and what is wrong?

does tyburn decide?

NO

right is that which coincides with God

and wrong is that which does not

homosexuality does not conincide with the character of God

If you don't have a litmus test for what is right, then eventually everything will be

God is the standard by which you decide if something is right or not

God created male and female humans, and meant for one male to reproduce with one female within marriage

anything other than that is perverted

God meant for males to protect and provide and God meant for females to nurture
Old 12-23-2010, 08:16 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
1) The military is not anything like being employed at a grocery store. You are free to quit working at a regular job like that anytime you want to, but that's not how it works in the military. Homosexuals don't have to lie about anything under DADT. They simply don't have to respond at all, because nobody should be asking them in the first place.

2) Nobody is condoning inappropriate actions against gays, but the reality is that it's more likely to happen if they are allowed to flaunt their gayness around a large group of young heterosexual men. We can't just expect that "equality" will be achieved by writing it down on a piece of paper. DADT was a good policy that has been repealed solely on the basis of political pandering. Now the gays can hold rallies for a couple weeks and feel like Obama actually did something for them.
1) Their silence is their lie. Why should they have to try and convince others that they are hetrosexual....it shouldnt matter....and actually...if you value your life and have dependants and committments, you are not free to leave your job at any time...not unless you want your world to come crashing down.
most of us wouldnt work period if we didnt have to...and codes of conduct and appropriate behaviour in the workplace is applicable across the whole board.

2) Oh I quite agree that it is a political boost. Thats why Obama has done it, and it shows how desperate he's become. Noone said anything about "Flaunt" just that one should not be punished for ones sexuality in that environment.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
Both. Not a satisfying answer, but likely the truth.

There are twin study databases that can shed light on the matter. The databases include information on identical twins raised together and raised apart (due to separation in adoption situations). Identical twins are more likely to both be homosexual than regular siblings; however, it is not perfect concordance. In some cases, one identical twin is homosexual and one is heterosexual, suggesting that it is not completely genetic.

There are animal and population-based studies that suggest homosexuality can be caused by environmental exposures. For example, about 50 years ago Calhoun did studies on rats concerning crowding into the behavioral sink. In brief, if a large population of rats is kept in a living space too small for the population size, pathological behaviors will occur in the rats - homosexual behavior, cannibalism, fighting, killing infants, etc.

There were studies of post-war Europe that suggested that mothers who faced starvation and extreme stress from bombing during their pregnancy were more likely to have a homosexual offspring.

In the DSM-I and DSM-II homosexuality was considered a psychological disorder by the American Psychiatric Association. It was dropped in 1973. That decision had as much to do with political correctness as science. In the current political environment, it would be career suicide to study homosexuality, unless you were specifically looking to find a strictly genetic basis.
Fascinating studies, PTM, thanks for the info.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:19 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
relativism at it's best
Well no, its better then relativism in one way because a core essence can usually be aggreed upon. Its really more humanistic then relativist...but its not religious, not in the proper sense. Ethics and Morals are not the same thing...and Ethical Code of conduct simply tells you an aggreed code on how to deal with people...a Moral is something quite different...because it has nothing to do with the person following it. Morals are to do with the decrees of a Diety, they are set in stone, and unchanging, the follower of them cant change his morals based on his feelings, or opinions.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:21 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
Both. Not a satisfying answer, but likely the truth.

There are twin study databases that can shed light on the matter. The databases include information on identical twins raised together and raised apart (due to separation in adoption situations). Identical twins are more likely to both be homosexual than regular siblings; however, it is not perfect concordance. In some cases, one identical twin is homosexual and one is heterosexual, suggesting that it is not completely genetic.

There are animal and population-based studies that suggest homosexuality can be caused by environmental exposures. For example, about 50 years ago Calhoun did studies on rats concerning crowding into the behavioral sink. In brief, if a large population of rats is kept in a living space too small for the population size, pathological behaviors will occur in the rats - homosexual behavior, cannibalism, fighting, killing infants, etc.

There were studies of post-war Europe that suggested that mothers who faced starvation and extreme stress from bombing during their pregnancy were more likely to have a homosexual offspring.

In the DSM-I and DSM-II homosexuality was considered a psychological disorder by the American Psychiatric Association. It was dropped in 1973. That decision had as much to do with political correctness as science. In the current political environment, it would be career suicide to study homosexuality, unless you were specifically looking to find a strictly genetic basis.
Bassically, you have no idea. Its alright to say "we dont know, tests are inconclusive."

This isnt about why gays are gay...this is about gays in the military.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Bassically, you have no idea. Its alright to say "we dont know, tests are inconclusive."

This isnt about why gays are gay...this is about gays in the military.
Be nice Tyburn!! He was being nice by providing that info to us all! Would you rather have everyone saying gays are freaks of nature or something similar to that?
Old 12-23-2010, 08:40 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post

1) We need to stop pandering to the gay community in every aspect of our lives.
1) you need to treat everyone with respect, for they are all made in the image of GOD.

If you had your way, I'm sure homosexuals wouldnt be allowed to do anything and would probably all be locked up in mental assylums...They cant serve in the Military incase they frighten the real men, they cant be in leadership roles in the church or of anything Christian, because they are poor role models due to sin (even if we all sin and its all held as equal by GOD) they cant do anything other then lust, they dont have the ability to live in loving long term relationships with a single partner. They cant live together incase they threaten marriage, they cant adopt...they basically cant do anything, they shouldnt even speak about it, lest the embarris or bring into disrepute the reputation of their friends. We wouldnt want other to know we have homosexual friends...if they find out, we'll have to expell the homo from our presence.

But if they dont say a word, you can pretend its not real, and thats fine. You know one of my best friends in the last year of University, was an outspoken hater of homosexuals...yet he spent almost every night debating all kinds of things with me...I believe he chose not to see what was directly infront of him...because its alright speaking shyte about a group of people...but when you have relationships with them that mean something to you, it becomes suddenly hard to put them in the same bracket....and we all do it to a certain extent....I am forever talking to people on here in the political section as if they have the power, or as if they aggreed on the actions of their Government in every single way. Sometimes I speak to people as if they were alive during the war of independance and somehow caused it or something...because again I am categorising everyone as "Americans"

But when I think of "Americans" its all stereotype...its not really individual Americans that I know...its a bit like the term "present company excluded" when you talk ill to someone who is part of a group, but want to show you dont mean them in particular. But I recognise this and I try to work on it.

Do you realize that you appear to do exactly the same with homosexuals...they seem to be all Militant, out to ruin your country and religion, and all perverts. As with all stereotypes, there are elements of truth...but you have to see beyond that, to the person living next door, that might be struggling...or a friend whose never shared that information with you, or the quiet guy who goes his entire life without sex and never tells a soul.

Last edited by Tyburn; 12-23-2010 at 08:46 PM.